Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum 10th August

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?

- open question to either Paul or Tony.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Please can someone ask Tony when we will get safe standing.

Oh, and is Man City PotG?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can probably predict the answer will be, the games are selling out, supply + demand, going rate for premier league football, Tony Bloom has spent £100's of Millions etc etc

I doubt they will simply say the brutal economic answer of supply and demand and so on. Full stop.

Should the Albion stay in the PL, would they simply squeeze more and more out of 'consumers' to the absolute maximium, so long as the 27,000 home seats always sell out (the Arsenal model)? No matter its effect on long term fans who happen to be poor.

Their answer, which some other PL clubs say and act on, might instead be that they take into account the views and circumstances of the fan base, and are listening on the subject of ticket prices.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A question for all the panel:-

'What's the biggest animal you think you could kill & eat?'

They'll all say something puny, until the big dog pulls out a hunting knife, dry shaves off his goatee and says - Polar bear.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
TBH I think the club have been more than fair to the existing STH.

But spending more of my waking hours on NSC than I am able to easily justify, I am very conscious of the many Brighton fans who have as much, if not more, right to match tickets than me, who will find seeing The Seagulls very difficult this season.

I have had a season ticket since the third year at The Amex, as the kids had grown up and it is my HOBBY. I was brought up in the age of turning up for footie and POTG. I never considered a ST. But reading NSC there are many of you who work Saturdays (as I did for many years), or have young kids, or who live miles away, who have been able to go to games pretty well whenever they wanted. This has changed in our 1st season in the prem. Whether it will change (if we stay up) in subsequent seasons or whether 30,000 is too small for our area I don't know , but I really feel for you.

Having said that I am not sure what the club can do differently. If we really want to compete at this level then we are going to have to maximise income wherever we can. Unfortunately that means some fair weather fans with money and some real fans without spare money will swap places. I am very sorry for those it effects this season but I do think (if we stay up) it will get easier next season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I cannot attend. Would it be possible for someone to ask with additional £100 income how club can justify ( apart from because enough people will pay ) increasing match day tickets by £10/15. I have a season but know many local people who either cannot afford it or are unable to attend enough games to justify.. All have attended at least 6 games a season over last few years. This season in addition to having to pay I think £25 to register as a member they are faced with these increases.
This came to light when somebody told me a month ago he will be able to go to Man City game.. Saw him yesterday and said see you for pre game pint and he said not going as ticket is £55. Friends occupied seats in our stand when they could afford it last season and most they paid was £40

If only we had some kind of ticket exchange for the forum...

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Can someone ask Tony if he is going to challenge Roman Abramovich to a game of cards when Chelski come to the Amex?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
will the new south east corner tv studio be on sale as extra corporate seats etc when not used by tv companies?

can we have a ticket exchange where we don't get a voucher, but instead donate to one of the clubs charity partners for that season?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can someone ask "Tony...have you ever seen a grown man, naked?"

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Did the club ever receive any apology from Crystal Palace regarding their coach driver and his diarrhoea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I know someone who had a season ticket at the Goldstone and still has one now at the AMEX.

Why exactly hasn't he been given the moon on a stick?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can someone accuse Chris Hughton of tactical naivety in regard to his team set up against the Champions League semi- finalists Atletico Madrid. The criticism should focus on the space that both of our left backs gave to various attacking Atletico players.

The questioner will need to show pomposity along with absolute despair in regards to our chances in the forthcoming season whilst maintaining the impression of an ignoramus.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Can someone accuse Chris Hughton of tactical naivety in regard to his team set up against the Champions League semi- finalists Atletico Madrid. The criticism should focus on the space that both of our left backs gave to various attacking Atletico players.

The questioner will need to show pomposity along with absolute despair in regards to our chances in the forthcoming season whilst maintaining the impression of an ignoramus.

Thanks in advance.

This has Timmy written all over it.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex

Thanks in advance.
Haha! Brilliant!

I still love Chris' beautifully eloquent reply though, he pitched it perfectly with just the right amount of tactical explanation to fully put the questioner out of his misery. Fantastic stuff!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here