Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah, possible misunderstanding here - there is nothing wrong with 'Agile', it's absolutely the right way to approach things. The point is that it's not new and it's how a lot of us operate anyway - could call it 'common sense' or 'JFDI' rather than attaching some new wanky made-up PM term to it and claiming it's 'methodology'. I really don't need to pay some pompous consultant £1k a day to explain it to me. Irony is having to deal with 'Agile' PMs stops it happening :laugh::laugh:

Good to see 80's technology lives on :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bring back Dogs in offices.

Distinct lack of them on the thread recently.

Apologies. I left that job back in summer 2015.

I did have to contact my boss from there a few months ago to get a reference. Most of his email was updating me on the dog situation. One of the dev guys is now allowed to bring has dog to work (I would have left a lot sooner if that was the case when I was there). Apparently there's a one-in, one-out policy once they reach their quota of dogs in the office. I'm pretty sure the one which used to piss on the kitchen floor is still there.*

* his dog probably is too. *BA-DUM-TISH*

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
But other people working in Agile development will know what I mean (and I didn't mention, Epics, Stories or t-shirt sizing), it's not bollocks at all, just modern terminology.

Oh my God. I AM the office bellcheese aren't I?

Yep*

*I agree, I quite like agile

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I hate Agile with a passion. I particularly hate the project role titles. All of a sudden there are sponsors, visionaries and ambassadors high-fiving all over the place. However, they are still the same brainless knobs they were when they were called project managers and analysts. As a sort of piss-take I now call myself the 'data mystic' instead of the dba.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I hate Agile with a passion. I particularly hate the project role titles. All of a sudden there are sponsors, visionaries and ambassadors high-fiving all over the place. However, they are still the same brainless knobs they were when they were called project managers and analysts. As a sort of piss-take I now call myself the 'data mystic' instead of the dba.

We had a bloke, years ago who, on the internal directory, gave himself the job title Chaos Pumpkin Head

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I used to work with a DBA called Dave. Everyone called him "Daverbase"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh dear ...

I got roundly abused about ten pages ago for having Cornish Pasties for breakfast, I fear I am going to do so again.

I love Agile. I think it's brilliant and far superior to Waterfall and the old-fashioned methodologies. Sprint retrospectives are admittedly a bit same-y and a bit of a waste of time (especially when it's the same team, we're good at pointing up the tasks to put on the backlog so we don't overreach as we know our sprint velocity), but everything else is great. And I think a daily stand-up should be a legal requirement.

I'm a developer, not sure if that makes a difference.

*Awaits flaming*
This is either the greatest WHOOSH of the thread or you are a prize tit.

Nothing wrong with pasties though. I'll back you on that regardless.

What even is a "stand up" btw? I probably don't want to know but I'm like a ghoulish rubbernecker with this shit.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Haven’t read all of thread but I might be due to have a burst event later. Having breakfast first just in case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here