Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I said that Roy had turned us into a solid midtable team. As in, if we played a full season with Roy as our manager, we'd finish solidly in midtable.

Unfortunately due to some terrible decision making by our board, our season started a bit later than everyone elses!

As for being below you, enjoy that while it lasts :)

You have had the squad all season to be a midtable side. You should be pushing for top 10. Unfortunately Benteke has had a strop for most of the season and far too many of your squad give up when things aren't going their way

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
19 pages in 2 days :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
19 pages in 2 days :facepalm:

So what ?

-Absolute key player in one of the teams we’re jointly battling against relegation. Your own board, twitter etc is absolutely full of posts suggesting you’re ****ed without him, why wouldn’t we be discussing the possibility?
-‘rival’ team, large degree of obvious schadenfreude
-several posts from/copies of post on here by your lot contributing to the volume
-it’s a chat forum FFS, why shouldn’t the be ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You seriously need to sort out your page settings. This thread is at 5 pages, for those CORRECTLY set to 40 per page.
This is the correct answer. You'd think that after posting 4,520 times (yes, 4,520 - seriously) he or she would have this sorted out by now.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I think both Brighton and Palace will stay up relatively comfortably but, as a neutral, I have to say Palace (like Burnley) have had a cruel spate of injuries to key players - more than their fair share.

From the outside looking in, the Seagulls have not lost many key players for really long spells - I don't count Sidwell as a key player any more.

Swansea have just had a double setback with Bony & Fer, but I think they will also stay up.

I would be very worried if I was a Huddersfield supporter and quite concerned if a Stoke or West Brom fan. But things can quickly change for the better as both Bournemouth and Swansea have shown recently (both with SIX points against Top Six teams).

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I’m very confused but I understand the huge cup win still hurts so will let your oddness slide.

I assume you went to the game, and wasn’t scared / couldn’t be bothered like thousands of others
?
Hopefully you’ve obtained a ticket for Coventry, where once again you can orchestrate hundreds of your fellow fans in Brighton classic songs.
Wemberlee Wemberlee

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No further news on Zaha's diving muscle injury yet?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I assume you went to the game, and wasn’t scared / couldn’t be bothered like thousands of others
?
Hopefully you’ve obtained a ticket for Coventry, where once again you can orchestrate hundreds of your fellow fans in Brighton classic songs.
Wemberlee Wemberlee

You really are a bellend.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think both Brighton and Palace will stay up relatively comfortably but, as a neutral, I have to say Palace (like Burnley) have had a cruel spate of injuries to key players - more than their fair share.

From the outside looking in, the Seagulls have not lost many key players for really long spells - I don't count Sidwell as a key player any more.

Yes we’ve been lucky with injuries this season but we had appalling luck in 15/16 when competing with you lot for promotion. From memory, you didn’t have many key injuries at all? What goes around, comes around.

I still class Zaha as a game changer and Palace will struggle (until Benteke starts scoring again) to score goals & getting penalties without him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wemberlee Wemberlee
What are you on about? WTF is 'Brighton Brighton rah rah rah'?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
as a neutral, I have to say Palace (like Burnley) have had a cruel spate of injuries to key players - more than their fair share.
Burnley have been one of the luckiest sides regarding in juries in recent years, playing the same first 11 more than any other club.

We've had a lot over the few couple of years, with plenty of questions as to whether it was our pitch or training that was causing it all. We haven't had many this season, although still had a few players missing a good chunk.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Yes we’ve been lucky with injuries this season but we had appalling luck in 15/16 when competing with you lot for promotion. From memory, you didn’t have many key injuries at all? What goes around, comes around.

I still class Zaha as a game changer and Palace will struggle (until Benteke starts scoring again) to score goals & getting penalties without him.

Maybe we were fairly fortunate with injuries in our two promotion seasons 2013/14 & 2015/16 but we almost certainly would NOT have been relegated from the PL in 2014/15 if our then best midfielder Dean Marney (your Dale Stephens) had not been crippled by West Brom's Yacoub just THREE days after the January transfer window shut. Marney missed the last 17 matches and that effectively sealed our fate.

Also Ashley Barnes - the man everyone loves - missed two thirds of the 2015/16 title-winning season with a knee injury after being "done" by Villa's Fabian Delph in the final game of the previous season.

I've lost count of the number of players we have lost to lengthy ACL or MCL knee injuries in the last 5 years....Marney (twice), Ings, Brady, Defour, Jutkiewicz, Kevin Long, Barnes, Ward, and maybe now Bardsley. I am sure I have missed a couple.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here