Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny how other teams aren't having problems signing the players they want.

I still am confused as to how we can make a profit on last years transfer dealings of around £8 million(that's after Stockdale and Baldrick) and still plead poverty to players and agents.
I'm no accountant but it might be connected to carrying £10 million in unwanted debt.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I'm no accountant but it might be connected to carrying £10 million in unwanted debt.

Is any debt 'wanted'?

Isn't it mainly because we play by the rules and other teams live on the wild side?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is any debt 'wanted'?

Isn't it mainly because we play by the rules and other teams live on the wild side?
Which is a FACT we have known since day 1.

Tony has played his part by providing everything for a sustainable football club.
We as fans have gone above and beyond in backing that up.

Yet until 1 or 2 DS players annually become super profitable the club is stuck in limbo, trying to keep up with the 'haves' while carrying the debt of have nots and short sighted.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Funny how other teams aren't having problems signing the players they want.

That we know about.

Don't be silly, EVERY other club in EVERY league has signed EXACTLY the players they wanted, WHEN they wanted, and for not a penny more than their initial bid. It's a well known fact each year that it's just BHA that don't sign ALL their targets instantly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't be silly, EVERY other club in EVERY league has signed EXACTLY the players they wanted, WHEN they wanted, and for not a penny more than their initial bid. It's a well known fact each year that it's just BHA that don't sign ALL their targets instantly.

You FORGOT to mention ALL signings will PROPEL all the teams TO promotion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This post should be made a banner headline. It's the whingers mantra.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We will need to go higher to get him. I think we will end up paying at least £2.75m

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Forest have a transfer embargo in place. Wish we'd go for Lansbury or Antonio.

But under a transfer embargo they can't sign any replacements can they? I would have thought that makes them far LESS likely to let anyone go.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But under a transfer embargo they can't sign any replacements can they? I would have thought that makes them far LESS likely to let anyone go.

Under an embargo they can sign replacements under certain criteria based on squad size and with a salary capped at 10k per week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here