Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alternatively you could just ride Phil off the road.

It's not like he'll be able to give an adequate description of his assailant. :lol: :dunce:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am recording every stage of the Giro,, and then watching as much of as many as I can, as live.

My wife was out this evening. :smile:

That was one of the best evening's television I have had in a long time. Brilliant stage, everything that could happen happened.

The Giro is just a beautiful race. And that was as good a stage as I can remember.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Weather, health and all round general happiness permitting, does anyone fancy a:-

CLUB RIDE SATURDAY 16TH MAY - next Saturday.

8:30 Brighton Pier heading easterly.
:bounce:
The weather would seem almost ideal, come on geeks let's make it happen.

Does 2 people constitute a 'club ride'?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
This Giro's bloody mental! 2 and a bit weeks to go and GC are at it already. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Man alive Geeks, they are never going to show that again.

A crash in the final sprint resulted in the David Busst of broken arms.
I'd image the cameraman didn't know he was doing a close up on a rider now with 2 elbow joints.
The 'new' elbow pointing his arm the wrong way.

Jnr got his British Cycling racing license today, so while watching I gave him a master class on how to ride a road bike:-

"That's Vasil Kiryienka, ride like him"

End of class.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looks like I've caught your betting disease SB.

Last sprint stage I had Pelucchi & Modolo....they finished no where.

Today guess who finished 2nd and 3rd when I had no money on anyone :facepalm:

Saw the crash on highlights but yet to find out about the broken arm incident.

Edit: Just seen that it was Danielle Colli that dislocated his elbow and was taken buy ambulance and that Bert has dislocated his shoulder and could be a doubt for starting tomorrow :(

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Man alive Geeks, they are never going to show that again.

A crash in the final sprint resulted in the David Busst of broken arms.
I'd image the cameraman didn't know he was doing a close up on a rider now with 2 elbow joints.
The 'new' elbow pointing his arm the wrong way.

Jnr got his British Cycling racing license today, so while watching I gave him a master class on how to ride a road bike:-

"That's Vasil Kiryienka, ride like him"

End of class.

He was holding himself up on that arm. I had to rewind and pause to make sure I'd seen what I thought I had!

Horrible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like I've caught your betting disease SB.

Last sprint stage I had Pelucchi & Modolo....they finished no where.

Today guess who finished 2nd and 3rd when I had no money on anyone :facepalm:

Saw the crash on highlights but yet to find out about the broken arm incident.

Edit: Just seen that it was Danielle Colli that dislocated his elbow and was taken buy ambulance and that Bert has dislocated his shoulder and could be a doubt for starting tomorrow :(
My only tip is don't try and second guess your second guesses, only madness lies down that road.

If you want to see the better half of Sussex, I'll show you it. But not at 18 mph. 8.30 at the pier is good for me!
That'll be great, whatever time is good for you.
Assuming the wind stays favourable I'll probably ride over so if you want to make it 9 I'm Patrick Friday Eze.

He was holding himself up on that arm. I had to rewind and pause to make sure I'd seen what I thought I had!

Horrible.

Yeah we were watching with Jnr, after the customary doubled up cringe reaction.
I looked across at him and said 'you haven't worked out what you just saw, have you?'
After explaining, his pleads to rewind fell on deaf ears.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My only tip is don't try and second guess your second guesses, only madness lies down that road.

That'll be great, whatever time is good for you.
Assuming the wind stays favourable I'll probably ride over so if you want to make it 9 I'm Patrick Friday Eze.

Yeah we were watching with Jnr, after the customary doubled up cringe reaction.
I looked across at him and said 'you haven't worked out what you just saw, have you?'
After explaining, his pleads to rewind fell on deaf ears.

8.30, as [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] is probably gonna join us and doesn't want to be too late back to town - The Great Escape...

See you in the morning!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I know we've discussed this before in reference to bouhanni but I've just watched the ToC highlights.

The giant rider is banging away like mad on his bars after the finish like he's been robbed - Cav won by a bike leng5h and went past him like a rocket!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
8.30, as [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] is probably gonna join us and doesn't want to be too late back to town - The Great Escape...

See you in the morning!

08.30 at the pier - ouch. However I fancy a ride out with the Geeks! Flyers footy training is covered tomorrow so I'll join you - hopefully! [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION].

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
08.30 at the pier - ouch. However I fancy a ride out with the Geeks! Flyers footy training is covered tomorrow so I'll join you - hopefully! [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION].

Most excellent! I need a ride. Haven't been out this week and feel flabby and ashamed after each evening's Giro helpings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've come to the conclusion Rob Hatch and Matt Stephens, particularly Stephens, are my commentators of choice.

I'll be a shame when Kelly returns, next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here