Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A massive summer clear out and I hope Tony Bloom delivers on his promise......

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I can see a few freebies and maybe a couple of players for around 500k each will be the summer business and the fans forum will see Mr Bloom creaming that we have a squad capable of the top 6!!!

Then he's the one with Rose tinted specs. Trying to call our bluff I recon.

King Kayal

Mar 22, 2015
We need:-
1 3rd choice goalkeeper to replace Ankergren (a released one will do)
2 centre backs - one to replace Greer and sign up Halford. Release Hughes and give Glen Rea a chance
2 left backs- Get rid of Bennett and Chicksen
1 right back
1 creative midfielder - Just to let Stephens sit back more
3 strikers (including one that will score 20 goals a season) - Sell O'Grady, Colunga and CMS and buy someone like Gary Hooper who will be surplus to requirements if Norwich get promotion.

Very expensive Mr Bloom but we need to pick up some freebies released from Premier League clubs.

I'd also like us to try and get Rajiv Van La Parra from wolves - Not needed when they have Sako and Dicko

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
we ad to sell him as the bank called in £10m interest......common knowledge.

Where has this mysterious statement of £10M owed to a bank as interest turned up from ? Funny how nobody knows anything about it.

King Kayal

Mar 22, 2015
We need:-
1 3rd choice goalkeeper to replace Ankergren (a released one will do)
2 centre backs - one to replace Greer and sign up Halford. Release Hughes and give Glen Rea a chance
2 left backs- Get rid of Bennett and Chicksen
1 right back
1 creative midfielder - Just to let Stephens sit back more
3 strikers (including one that will score 20 goals a season) - Sell O'Grady, Colunga and CMS and buy someone like Gary Hooper who will be surplus to requirements if Norwich get promotion.

Very expensive Mr Bloom but we need to pick up some freebies released from Premier League clubs.

I'd also like us to try and get Rajiv Van La Parra from wolves - Not needed when they have Sako and Dicko

Also a winger to that. Van La Parra will do!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Defining season in the next five year plan in my opinion. The majority of our play off squads will have left the club or will no longer be 1st team players. I think and hope we decided to tread water for a season whatever was said publicly. The 1901 renewals come up at the end of next season, we really cannot afford another stagnant season like this one.

Pretty clear where the priorities lie, I really hope we do not see any of the current forwards on our books remain for next season. Baldock is the only one that is even arguable for me and I don't see him as having enough to play up front on his own at this level. The rest either don't have the quality or the interest in doing so.

I'd like to see one high profile striker with a couple of young up and coming players either coming down from the PL or from the lower leagues or abroad or basically anywhere. Pace and power is what is dominating this division and is exactly what we lack all across the pitch. Our passing is as good as anyones but we have no out ball, teams press us high because we play in front of them.

Three central strikers and at least one wide player. A LB who can defend, plus a reserve who will actually push for a place, a younger CB who can compete for a 1st team place and a RB who can do the same. Goalkeepers and midfield are in pretty good nick.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's hope Tony has a good, long, chat with the executive team at Bournemouth on Friday. They seem to have managed to keep a promising young manager, playing excellent football, on tight crowds all within FFP and no parachute payments. You'd think from some of the posts on here that was impossible but it isn't. We've spent three seasons staring at Southampton's peachy arse when, all the time, another south coast side were demonstrating how to do it for real.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The required rebuild will cost a fair bit considering we need players for almost every position. I make it that Goalkeeper is about the only position we don't really need to invest in. But we need;

- At least one centre back (two if Dunk goes)
- Left Back
- Right back
- A creative centre midfielder
- At least two wingers/ wide players
- Possibly three strikers if CMS is released and Colunga and O'Grady are sold.

Not exactly a cheap shopping list but if Bloom is serious about top six it's what we need.

Think we will get 4 players that are what most would accept as decent the rest will be ageing journeymen/cast-offs

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I still take issue with this notion of needing a major revamp.

Our goals conceded is on a par with the play off places.
We're likely to draw as many as we'll lose this season.

A major revamp will cost and that will take money away from where it's actually needed.

We need a manager to stay beyond May.
We need those coming back and the new signings available for pre season.
and we need:-

G

O

A

L

S

Major revamp doesn't come into it.
We just need to strength the weakness and be fookin professional about it.

Agree entirely with this - I think we really just need those easy to get 10 a penny 20 goal a season men and preferably 2 of them. There that's not too difficult and surely nobody else will be looking for them . . . or will they ?
Hopefully CH has his eyes already on a couple that we don't know about.
The last times we've bought from the division below us ie CMS and Baldock they haven't exactly set the world alight so I think we have to bite the bullet and go for proven Championship (or Premiership) players who will be able to slot straight into the team and provide those goals

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The required rebuild will cost a fair bit considering we need players for almost every position. I make it that Goalkeeper is about the only position we don't really need to invest in. But we need;

- At least one centre back (two if Dunk goes)
- Left Back
- Right back
- A creative centre midfielder
- At least two wingers/ wide players
- Possibly three strikers if CMS is released and Colunga and O'Grady are sold.

Not exactly a cheap shopping list but if Bloom is serious about top six it's what we need.

Agree with all of this, but I think we need a two new CBs, even if Dunk stays, as I'm not sure he is good enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I fear we are back to the start of "a five year plan" . I hope we can sustain it better for longer next time without failing when we are close to achieving it.

Last edited:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I hate literally everything this football club has become and this 'supporter' is right up the top.

Well sorry we don't all bow down to Lord bloom, it's just after years and years of shit we finally thought we may have something to cheer about....but no we bootled it and are now giving palace fans weekly laughs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I still take issue with this notion of needing a major revamp.

Our goals conceded is on a par with the play off places.
We're likely to draw as many as we'll lose this season.

A major revamp will cost and that will take money away from where it's actually needed.

We need a manager to stay beyond May.
We need those coming back and the new signings available for pre season.
and we need:-

G

O

A

L

S

Major revamp doesn't come into it.
We just need to strength the weakness and be fookin professional about it.

Is that more to do with the football we play as against the quality of the back five?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here