Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The High Court does not have the power to change what was said - and it was said, to the whole nation, on television on 22nd. June. That is a fact; the High Court cannot deny facts - and no other power, divine or otherwise, can change the fact that that was what was said..

Way to miss the point. It went to the High Court because the government were trying to force through their own version without any recourse to Parliament.
Gina Miller took the government to court because it was an Act of Parliament to join, so needed to be an Act to leave.
She won.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
The High Court does not have the power to change what was said - and it was said, to the whole nation, on television on 22nd. June. That is a fact; the High Court cannot deny facts - and no other power, divine or otherwise, can change the fact that that was what was said..

The statement was said, that is true. However the truth claim within the statement is rendered false via High Court decision

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
the vote was to leave ,nothing complicated about that, some people on here still struggling with it, they must be a bit thick :)
regards
DR

You have no answer except to taunt.
Take note [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION].

Jan 30, 2008
Way to miss the point. It went to the High Court because the government were trying to force through their own version without any recourse to Parliament.
Gina Miller took the government to court because it was an Act of Parliament to join, so needed to be an Act to leave.
She won.
AND THAT WAS IT , JUST ANOTHER PAIN IN THE ARSE TRYING TO PEVERT THE COURSE OF A DEMOCRATIC VOTE TO LEAVE ,TIME WASTER OF THE HIGHEST ORDER
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At least he's on the side of the democratic majority, unlike your minority/EU propaganda nonsense. Care to answer all the previous questions I have asked?

JRM wants to protect his off shore assets before the EU legislate against it.
You are deluding yourself if you think he cares about the voters.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Nobody is getting kicked out.

Has that been confirmed then with Settled Status? Those with criminal records, without bank accounts, a limited paper trail, no existing photo ID, people who miss the deadline, such as the elderly? Are they all staying regardless?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If this thread is in anyway representative of national trends it surely proves remain voters are far more ignorant and gullible than the vast majority of Brexit voters .... quelle surprise.

#teamUK :salute:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Theresa May has been asked quite a few times about the rights of EU citizens living here, and she won't commit herself.
Seeing what has happened to the Windrush people, I wouldn't trust her one bit.
She'll probably come up with a scam of offering British citizenship at £229 a throw.

Except for the bit where she has committed herself in negotiations to clearly lay out what the rights of EU citizens will look like after we have left and in accordance with the proposed withdrawal agreement.
Of course there is a chance we crash out of The EU in accordance with the treaty without any withdrawal agreement in place and therefore no EU citizens rights.
This is how the remoaners Brexit wrecking attempts have the potential to end up, and they seem to be going hell for leather to achieve it.
I suggest you tell your Dutch friend the truth and that her uncertainty is because of people like you.
Give yourself a pat on the back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Capture_3336133b.jpg

It doesn't get better for international traders than a '500 million person market' compared to 7.6 Billion ???

We have a 7.6 billion market already AND a Single Market with the EU. We're managing to run a trading surplus with the USA as it is. Germany manages to trade internationally without bleating that being in the EU is an impediment to doing global deals.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We have a 7.6 billion market already AND a Single Market with the EU. We're managing to run a trading surplus with the USA as it is. Germany manages to trade internationally without bleating that being in the EU is an impediment to doing global deals.

We have a 7.6 billion restricted/barrier market prioritising trade with a receding high regulation EU market which is of diminishing importance (fact not estimate).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
She won.
And we have now had an Act to leave. Job done. Gina Miller's spiteful sabotage attempt delayed things and made the Government's task just that bit harder. Bully for Gina 'look at me, I'm filthy rich and I want my 15 minutes of fame' Miller.

Unfortunately, she seems to have reinforced your belief in Project Fear - EU citizens legitimately here aren't going to be herded on to cattle boats and sent to Calais, and the Windrush affair was due to badly drafted legislation misinterpreted by people facing arbitrary targets to meet who thought they'd found an easy way to do it - nothing to do with Brexit. Removing illegal immigrants is a legitimate aim for government, whether in the EU or out.

You're worrying to much, really - your friend's kids aren't going to suddenly have their Mummy snatched away by the secret police........you've been paying too much heed to the likes of Plonks, Dribble and The Chump on here!

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
And we have now had an Act to leave. Job done. Gina Miller's spiteful sabotage attempt delayed things and made the Government's task just that bit harder. Bully for Gina 'look at me, I'm filthy rich and I want my 15 minutes of fame' Miller.

Unfortunately, she seems to have reinforced your belief in Project Fear - EU citizens legitimately here aren't going to be herded on to cattle boats and sent to Calais, and the Windrush affair was due to badly drafted legislation misinterpreted by people facing arbitrary targets to meet who thought they'd found an easy way to do it - nothing to do with Brexit. Removing [B}illegal[/B] immigrants is a legitimate aim for government, whether in the EU or out.

You're worrying to much, really - your friend's kids aren't going to suddenly have their Mummy snatched away by the secret police........you've been paying too much heed to the likes of Plonks, Dribble and The Chump on here!

https://twitter.com/thatginamiller?lang=en :timmy::timmy:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here