Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Looking at the last couple of pages, I am amazed there is little or no mention of Huddersfield. Fail to beat Everton and they have a very difficult job of getting another point to go above us. I know Everton are terrible away from home but more than capable of getting at least a point.

I think most assume they take a point at the very least. Everton don't do away, especially now they are on the beach.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Burnley ??

They had 20 points deducted. Ashley Barnes contravened PL rules for the number of goals he is allowed to score in any one season.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think most assume they take a point at the very least. Everton don't do away, especially now they are on the beach.
Which would put them level with us but 12 goals worse off with 3 of the "big boys" to play. All the eggs in one basket didn't work out too well for us when we played them and they really need a win.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looking at the last couple of pages, I am amazed there is little or no mention of Huddersfield. Fail to beat Everton and they have a very difficult job of getting another point to go above us. I know Everton are terrible away from home but more than capable of getting at least a point.

Simply because everyone DOES expect them to beat Everton. Huddersfield will be bang up for this game, and Everton won't care much. Home win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because if Stoke and Southampton overhaul us they both need to beat Swansea to do so
But as I said, Stoke have virtually no chance of overtaking us anyway, so Swansea getting just a point from their next two games doesn't suddenly increase our chances by a great deal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Simply because everyone DOES expect them to beat Everton. Huddersfield will be bang up for this game, and Everton won't care much. Home win.
They're 17/10, get on if you're that sure.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
West Ham and Hudds will both be feeling nervous.

West Ham have Man City, then away at Leicester, then home to United. Feasably they could lose all 3 of those. You then have a nervy final game at the Anger-Dome against Everton. Yes, Everton are awful away from home but a nervy Olympic Stadium may well help screw it all up.

Hudds have an awful gd and run of fixtures after this week.

Being above these two with a better gd is another lovely little buffer. I'll still chuck a couple of pennies on us going down though :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm not going to back Huddersfield to drop. Not cashing out these either (Brighton is a free bet credit no cash out option)

Stoke £100 4/11 potential £136
Shampton £21 11/2 potential £136
Swansea £25 9/2 potential £137
Brighton £5 20/1 as cover

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
West Ham and Hudds will both be feeling nervous.

West Ham have Man City, then away at Leicester, then home to United. Feasably they could lose all 3 of those. You then have a nervy final game at the Anger-Dome against Everton. Yes, Everton are awful away from home but a nervy Olympic Stadium may well help screw it all up.

Hudds have an awful gd and run of fixtures after this week.

Being above these two with a better gd is another lovely little buffer. I'll still chuck a couple of pennies on us going down though :lolol:
Don't forget - £2m per place. As many below us as possible adds to the coffers. Sad part is that if we were safe with one or two games to go, this incentive may stop us blooding a youngster or two.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I find it hard to believe that the 6 teams below us are going to win a hatful of games and that we are going to get stuffed. I would take our position and games left any day. Apart from city the rest of the games we have a chance of getting something out of them, that includes keeping our GD down. Looking at Huddersfield run in, it’s difficult to see where their next point is coming from. Arsenal last day of the season would have been a maybe, however it’s now Wenger’s last game, so I can see a solid performance from them. I still see a few points for us From Burnley, Man U and Liverpool. Even if we don’t win anymore games, we just need to keep our goals conceded down and we will stay up on GD

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks (genuinely). I'm ON.
Er, I hope you lose :nono:
And also on a Hudds / Saints / Swans treble @31/1.

#BetToLose
I'm a regular bettoloser, but a treble? You're virtually guaranteeing that Saints and one other will win, with the other drawing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I find it hard to believe that the 6 teams below us are going to win a hatful of games and that we are going to get stuffed.
We are going to get stuffed, but the teams below us won't win a hat-full.
I would take our position and games left any day.
No shit :)
Apart from city the rest of the games we have a chance of getting something out of them
Liverpool? No chance.
Looking at Huddersfield run in, it’s difficult to see where their next point is coming from.
Er, Everton, this weekend.
Arsenal last day of the season would have been a maybe, however it’s now Wenger’s last game, so I can see a solid performance from them.
Agreed.
Even if we don’t win anymore games, we just need to keep our goals conceded down and we will stay up on GD
This is a worry for me. Imagine going in to the last 2 games knowing that we only need to keep the GD down to stay up. Instead of playing for a draw, we'll be playing for 3 nil losses. That would not be pretty away to City and Liverpool.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I give you Gus Poyet, Paul Clement, Paulo Di Canio Dick Advocat and many more who turned round an under achieving side but for the most part failed when they had to put their own team together in the following season.

The cakes probably help

True. Essentially every recent Mackems and Palace manager (who didn’t resign).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
.....and so it goes - WBA pick up some form and go on a run, Stoke pick up some form and go on a run (although admittedly Agent Barnes' equaliser has eased my worries a little bit), West Ham pick up some form and go on a run and go storming past us to safety.............

I honestly can't ever remember hoping for an Arsenal winner before!

Except, obviously, none of the things you've written has any basis in reality:

Stoke last 3 games: 2 points
West Ham last 3 games: 2 points
West Brom last 3 games: 3 points (and can't catch us)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I don't understand why anyone would be worried.

Neither Stoke nor Saints have won a game for months and we secured safety against Huddersfield nine days ago.

Start focusing on next season in the top league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Except, obviously, none of the things you've written has any basis in reality:

Stoke last 3 games: 2 points
West Ham last 3 games: 2 points
West Brom last 3 games: 3 points (and can't catch us)
Last three games are gone. It's the next three games that I was referring to, so the comment about not having any basis in reality is inappropriate. The next three results, being in the future, aren't a reality yet, by definition.

Anyway, as it happens my wish for an Arsenal winner came true. The fact remains, though, that any of the teams below us, except WBA, could overhaul us.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Last three games are gone. It's the next three games that I was referring to, so the comment about not having any basis in reality is inappropriate. The next three results, being in the future, aren't a reality yet, by definition.

Anyway, as it happens my wish for an Arsenal winner came true. The fact remains, though, that any of the teams below us, except WBA, could overhaul us.

Could, but won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here