Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield Town

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd be quite happy to see Huddersfield win their next three games (and lose number four, against us, of course). Even if Wagner is an absolute ****** of the first order.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd be quite happy to see Huddersfield win their next three games (and lose number four, against us, of course). Even if Wagner is an absolute ****** of the first order.

David Wagner is ok, the complete antipathy to Chris Hughton in style and behaviour of course, but we are all different, he does what he thinks is right for Huddersfield, and their fans all love him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All the way back to the 1990's I've never liked them, and found them irritating on our tail last season.

But as this season's evolves, I don't mind Hudd.

I'd love WBA & Stoke to drop - awful football based on giants, and scummy fans. Obviously Palace or Stains would be funny, but I still think Palace have a few match winners and will survive. West Ham dropping would be sweet ... arrogant fans and owners based on some great players epochs back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that it will be WBA and Stoke plus one other who I dont care about so long as it is not us. Have a sneaky feeling it could be Place or Southampton.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Conventional wisdom appears to be that 37 points will be enough this season. Huddersfield well placed as are we if that is the case. The BBC Supercomputer has us ending on 42 points 2 ahead of Hudds fwiw

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The BBC Supercomputer has us ending on 42 points 2 ahead of Hudds fwiw
The solar powered calculator I still have from the 80s has more processing power than the BBC's piece of shit.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm going to go against most people on this thread and say I hope they go down.

When they fielded a weakened team against Birmingham last season, they effectively relegated Blackburn.

I know I'm going to get the, 'but we would have done the same blah, blah, and you don't get relegated on one game, blah blah', but I'm one for sticking to the rules and ensuring that all teams are treated fairly.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of positions last season I consider Newcastle the weakest of the teams promoted and think Huddersfield will stay up.

I think its 2 from Stoke Palace, Stains, Newcastle and West ham if they continue to wobble.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Personally, I hope they survive, as long as it's not at our expense.

I'm quite enjoying all the moaners on social media platforms labelling this as "the worst ever Premier League" simply because it's got the likes of Huddersfield and Brighton in it.

My ideal three candidates for the drop would be WBA; Stoke and Palace. However, I believe that one of those spots may be reserved for Saints this season.

There's always been ' the likes of Huddersfield and Brighton' in the top division throughout the history of the top division. Such a ridiculous argument by muppets on social media

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Personally hope they stay up as they have more chance of being shit next season. If any of the long-standing PL teams escape the drop you can bet they’ll spend an absolute fortune next season to make sure they aren’t down there again. Huddersfield won’t have that same budget.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was a Saints fans I'd be pretty worried. They can't win at home and have Citeh and Chelsea to come, they have 6 away matches, they aren't scoring much either and they have no recent record of scrapping hard at the end of the season, a foreign manager with no experience of a relegation dogfight.

Lambert has made Stoke's defence pretty solid and they have Shaqiri, Swansea are showing signs of life, West Ham usually get a result from somewhere as do Newcastle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Me too.

Although I can’t stand Wagner, he has done an excellent job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup: from me...

and Huddersfield keep getting written off and then bouncing back...its just the unknown of how they will handle the pressure.

.....anyway i'd much rather concentrate on us..we've still work to do

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pivotal games on Saturday :

Huddersfield v Swansea
Newcastle v Southampton

It looks like Huddersfield will stay up, with the other 3 teams in the above fixtures more in the mire.

If Palace later lose at Huddersfield, then they could also be in deep and dire trouble.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Regardless of positions last season I consider Newcastle the weakest of the teams promoted and think Huddersfield will stay up.

I think its 2 from Stoke Palace, Stains, Newcastle and West ham if they continue to wobble.
I think you're probably right. Rafa's nous and ability to get the odd freak result (Man U) should keep Newcastle up though. But I agree that they have a worse squad than us or Huddersfield.

Every predictor thing I've done relegates Stoke and Southampton.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So who's going down according to your calculator? ... or do we need to wait for the sun to come out to get an answer?
It can work just from light bulbs, so I'll give it a go.

It says
"HELL.O"
"BOOBLESS"

I'm going to take that as a compliment, because I was starting to worry I was getting titties. Good start, but I need to work out how to program in the standings and fixtures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here