Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Pritchard, etc

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
For all the money that is floating about, Huddersfield have a made a decent addition to their squad, giving them a better chance of staying up.
AP may be a villain in some Albion fans eyes, but he's a decent player, that very nearly came to us, part from that u turn debacle.
Albion need to make a statement of intent, by purchasing a couple of decent players, basically by being bold and taking a chance in splashing some dosh.
This striker coming Y/N, is getting quite tedious IMO.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Its easy for a Premier League club to buy Championship quality players.

Pritchard would not get into our current first team. Likewise all the other Championship quality players currently available for transfer like Grabban and Mitrovic.

We need players who can walk into and improve our first team, rather than sign more back up players, unless of course the signings we make are young and talented for our development squad.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes but all the NSC experts will tell you they will all be sh*t and Huddersfield will be struggling at of the table.

The 'experts' who confidently saw Hudd as certs for propping up the entire PL table "Coz we finished higher than them last season and in the summer they spent fortunes on rubbish players". :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For all the money that is floating about, Huddersfield have a made a decent addition to their squad, giving them a better chance of staying up.
AP may be a villain in some Albion fans eyes, but he's a decent player, that very nearly came to us, part from that u turn debacle.
Albion need to make a statement of intent, by purchasing a couple of decent players, basically by being bold and taking a chance in splashing some dosh.
This striker coming Y/N, is getting quite tedious IMO.

We wanted Pritchard when we were in the Championship. He wasn't good enough for Spurs, so why is he good enough for another Prem team?

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
The 'experts' who confidently saw Hudd as certs for propping up the entire PL table "Coz we finished higher than them last season and in the summer they spent fortunes on rubbish players". :facepalm:

Huddersfield would be below us and 1 point above the relegation zone if they had not been gifted a win by a clueless Frank de Boer led Palace side on the opening day of the season.

I am not saying Huddersfield will be relegated, but they are one of 11 teams likely to be in a relegation scrap.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We wanted Pritchard when we were in the Championship. He wasn't good enough for Spurs, so why is he good enough for another Prem team?

I'm not sure if you're really being serious here, but I'll play it as if you are:

1. I can't imagine we were looking to buy him for the Championship alone, with the intent of discarding him in the Premier League.
2. Being "good enough" for Spurs is a different level altogether to where we, and Huddersfield, currently are.
3. We were looking at him a year and a half ago. He's still young and should be on an upward trajectory still.

That's not to say that I believe that he's a good buy (I have no real idea), nor if he'll improve Huddersfield (again - no idea), but there's plenty of reasons why he may be good enough for a bottom half Premier League side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure if you're really being serious here, but I'll play it as if you are:

1. I can't imagine we were looking to buy him for the Championship alone, with the intent of discarding him in the Premier League.
2. Being "good enough" for Spurs is a different level altogether to where we, and Huddersfield, currently are.
3. We were looking at him a year and a half ago. He's still young and should be on an upward trajectory still.

That's not to say that I believe that he's a good buy (I have no real idea), nor if he'll improve Huddersfield (again - no idea), but there's plenty of reasons why he may be good enough for a bottom half Premier League side.

I was being serious. He MAY be good enough, but then again he may not. I doubt we were trying for him again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Got to love NSC. Other clubs make signings and the folks on here call them ordinary or over priced players. :lolol:

Yet ourselves continue to drag our heels bringing in needed players. Same shit about not putting the club at risk. Yet if we go down we will lose millions and our best players :lolol: :facepalm:

Pritchard would not get in our 1st XI, he is not better than Stephens, Propper or Gross. Huddersfield are welcome to the blonde midget prick.

What we and other sides in our position need are decent 1st XI players. Who cares about squad players?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Joke to say he wouldnt get in our team. Far more of an attacking player then we have. Last time I saw him at Amex he was the start of all Norwich attacks. Played many very good balls to feet into box that they didnt make most of. I think could mean Huddersfield will stay up because number of goals will increase.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Joke to say he wouldnt get in our team. Far more of an attacking player then we have. Last time I saw him at Amex he was the start of all Norwich attacks. Played many very good balls to feet into box that they didnt make most of. I think could mean Huddersfield will stay up because number of goals will increase.

I thought they lost5-0 last time they came or is my memory failing me?

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008

Who would you drop from our current starting 11 to make way for him?

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Its easy for a Premier League club to buy Championship quality players.

Pritchard would not get into our current first team. Likewise all the other Championship quality players currently available for transfer like Grabban and Mitrovic.

We need players who can walk into and improve our first team, rather than sign more back up players, unless of course the signings we make are young and talented for our development squad.

lol

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hudds staying up.

He is a decent player and adds to their squad well.

Over to you Barber

He's a young , potentially impressive player, but he has little Premier league experience, he's expensive, and he's just come back from after months out from a bad injury.
Hudds , like us, still need to have a massively impressive 2nd half of the season to stay up. Its a massive gamble but good luck to em.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Dean Hoyle is wisely investing huge sums to guarantee that £100m of extra annual income, ad infinitum. Very astute.

Ignore the schadenfreude bitches.

True but Bloom is doing likewise, spent more than Hoyle in the summer and can't see him sitting on his hands in the next fortnight. but we'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here