Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O Grady Deal Agreed - Sheffield Star

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It could well be, though, that he has not settled on the glorious south coast, and therefore for personal reasons all parties have decided that it's best if he moves back up north. I must admit that a decision to let him go is mad UNLESS a new striker is just about to unveiled - here's hoping.

Stop being rational

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
His interview after the Brentford match was a breath of fresh air. He was professional, honest and articulate.
He knows his limitations, but was brought in to do a job and has been ready to do that job to the best of his ability.

Exactly the type of man I want to be playing for us.

I too wasn't at all impressed with him at first but after hearing that and watching him now I quite agree he us our sort of player and pairing him up front with SB would be a great match as every Bristol City fan will tell you that Sam needs to play off a big man

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
O'Grady is physically fit and deceptively strong. He can definitely mix it against big centre halves. Sami says he played too much with his back to goal - but isn't that what a target man does? And at various points in his career has shown he has an eye for goal (at Barnsley at least). Please don't replace this honest pro with a 'named/egotistical/disinterested sick note' who thinks he's too good for BHA/Championship.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
O'Grady is physically fit and deceptively strong. He can definitely mix it against big centre halves. Sami says he played too much with his back to goal - but isn't that what a target man does? And at various points in his career has shown he has an eye for goal (at Barnsley at least). Please don't replace this honest pro with a 'named/egotistical/disinterested sick note' who thinks he's too good for BHA/Championship.

I would like to see him, COG, run into space to chase a chance.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not quite sure I understand why COG signed for us in the first place if he wants to be "up north"!! A quick look at any map would have shown him that we are about as far away from "up north" as you can get.

I think he has done ok. No doubt he was shabbily treated by Hyypia but he is history now so with the fans being supportive, and a new manager in place, I find it disappointing that he hasn't just shut up and got his head down and got on with the job he is being paid to do.

I've not had the opportunity to see enough of him to decide whether he is Championship standard but he could be. I just wish he'd stop his bleating and get on with it.

As far as the club is concerned, what is the point in keeping a player who has made it clear that he is desperate to leave? Replacement or not. Don't we have enough problems without having a potentially destabilising influence in the dressing room?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps he and his family didnt realise the cultural differences between Sheffield and Brighton and adopted the attitude for £18k a week, which I am told he is on, they could adjust.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant say his name but he is usually correct and reliable with info. It may be like the fishermans story and the tail got lengthened each time it was reported so may be about 12 or 13k but still more than when he was at Barnsley presumably. Sufficient to make a move south viable and to take a chance on whether they liked it or not.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I cant say his name but he is usually correct and reliable with info. It may be like the fishermans story and the tail got lengthened each time it was reported so may be about 12 or 13k but still more than when he was at Barnsley presumably. Sufficient to make a move south viable and to take a chance on whether they liked it or not.

I understand you not wanting to quote a name...and i guess i should have worded my question differently.
.....12/13 is a lot less than 18k

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

18k :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I understand you not wanting to quote a name...and i guess i should have worded my question differently.
.....12/13 is a lot less than 18k

As you say how many on here actually know the truth about wages as most people generally exagerate their slightly in conversation, so people can only quote what they consider to be usually reliable sources. As I said it could be 13k told to Joe who tells Fred just over 13k so Fred tells Bill 14k Bill tells Charlie just over 14k and so it goes on.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have a source - can't name him, but he works in the club - who says that COG is only on 6K, which was a 50% increase on his Barnsley wage. However he missis his whippets, as well as having bread and dripping for his tea every night, so is prepared to take a pay cut to go back to Sheffield.

This making shit up is easy, isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here