Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield Town

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I really hope we beat Huddersfield. I have developed quite a deep (irrational I know) dislike for everything about them.
You are not alone. Can't stand this tinpot northern club. Ultimately i would rather Stoke and Palace went first. Even Southampton after.
SCC denied us the guard of honour when we won League 1. Huddersfield duly obliged.

Yes I know that was Adkins's doing, but it was still SCC, and equally the only thing to hold against Hudds is Wagner. He's a bit classless (running across the pitch to celebrate their goal against Leeds), but he's not yet in the most annoying manager class.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WIred

At a guess Swansea v Stoke will be sweating on the last game, with both could stay up with a draw or both could go down with a draw.

SUNDAY 13TH MAY

Burnley -v- AFC Bournemouth
Crystal Palace -v- West Bromwich Albion
Huddersfield Town -v- Arsenal
Liverpool -v- Brighton & Hove Albion
Manchester United -v- Watford
Newcastle United -v- Chelsea
Southampton -v- Manchester City
Swansea City -v- Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur -v- Leicester City
West Ham United -v- Everton​

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You are not alone. Can't stand this tinpot northern club. Ultimately i would rather Stoke and Palace went first. Even Southampton after.

Tin pot? Hahahahahahaha

Come back when we have won the league 3 times on the trot and the fa cup.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Huddersfield is one of the best places to get a beer in this division so for that reason alone I'd like them to be in the same division as us next season.

Whilst their form has been uneven, they have shown at home they they are capable of pulling out a tremendous hard working performance (our battering a case in point and indeed their win over United). I think they can find the two or three wins they need and if I were Swansea or Palace I'd be wary of visiting the John Smith's over the next couple of weeks.

FWIW it's really only Saints and Stoke who have yet to show that they can occasionally break the shackles of their mediocrity. Ourselves, Swans, Hudds, Newcastle, Palace and even West Ham have shown some fight over the last couple of months, for me Saints and Stoke have the most to do.

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
SCC denied us the guard of honour when we won League 1. Huddersfield duly obliged.

Yes I know that was Adkins's doing, but it was still SCC, and equally the only thing to hold against Hudds is Wagner. He's a bit classless (running across the pitch to celebrate their goal against Leeds), but he's not yet in the most annoying manager class.

You obviously don't realise the strength of dislike between us and the champions of Europe.

Class, humility and respect I suppose...:ban:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You obviously don't realise the strength of dislike between us and the champions of Europe.
But that's your fans, your manager shouldn't be running across the pitch while the game is still on.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
As fans we should have one eye on survival next season, and no disrespect to Huddersfield but I'd much rather be competing against them than, say, a Saints team that will surely appoint a better manager over the summer?

Similarly, I'd like Stoke to survive, Shaqiri to leave in the summer and then they'll be in the sh1t with Lambert next season.

So that's Huddersfield, Stoke, Cardiff to get relegated at the end of 2018/19.

Absolutely agree about Huddersfield and Cardiff. Keep the Terriers up and, if Cardiff grab 2nd, there is a good chance that this pair will fill two of the relegation slots next year.

Not so sure about Stoke going down. I think more likely whoever wins the play-offs....I can't see Villa being very strong (they are a soft touch away in the Championship), Boro would be just as bad if not worse than last season (28 points) while Derby's "old men" would really struggle in the PL (Huddlestone & Davies were on the downhill slope at Hull). Fulham? It could go either way but their defence would ship loads of goals IMO.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
If I was a Saints fans I'd be pretty worried. They can't win at home and have Citeh and Chelsea to come, they have 6 away matches, they aren't scoring much either and they have no recent record of scrapping hard at the end of the season, a foreign manager with no experience of a relegation dogfight.

Lambert has made Stoke's defence pretty solid and they have Shaqiri, Swansea are showing signs of life, West Ham usually get a result from somewhere as do Newcastle.

Would there be a stewards' inquiry if Man City lose at St Mary's on the final day allowing Saints to escape? Whoever finished 18th in that scenario would feel even more gutted.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I still think Swansea will occupy second bottom relegation spot:

Currently on 30 points ...

Away - Huddersfield - 0 points
Home - Spurs - 0 points
Away - Man U - 0 points
Away - WBA - 0 points
Home - Everton - 3 points
Away - Man C - 0 points
Home - Chelsea - 0 points
Away - B'mouth - 0 points
Home - Stoke - 1 point

Since losing to us in November, Swans have lost only to Tottenham and Man city at home, and beaten Arsenal and Liverpool at home, I would fancy them to get at least 5 points from Saints, Stoke and Everton at home and at least 3 from Huddersfield, West Brom and Bournemouth away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here