Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New away kit

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
IMG_8936.PNG
What a load of utter ****, its football, not rugby.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
apparently it's 'University Gold' not yellow.

Is it called University Gold, because nobody at university can afford REAL gold and so they get the fake stuff that turns a horrible shade of greeny yellow.

Just like the sleeves....

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
The black and volt kit from last year has been the best for a long time and this one is the worst in a long time.

Thank GOD they are keeping the black one for this season.

I guess 2/3 kits being decent isn't bad. One day it will be all 3.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well, nobody would've even thought to look for the images of that gig, if [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] had'nt have posted this thread :lolol:

Unless he's in on it too? ???

No comment.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Agreed. That was a decent yellow kit. The sleeves make this one horrendous and I'm speaking as someone who doesn't normally get het up about kits.

Surely they just didn't know it would look that green/yellow sludgy colour when they asked for thin black and yellow stripes? I see no other explanation for sanctioning it.

Does seem odd choice of colour for the sleeves. I can see why they went for the pin stripes, as it matches the home kit, but the colour of the sleeves just look shit.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's fine apart from the green sleeves, which are just awful.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, of course they gave him the shirt as a marketing tool. They know he's a big Albion fan (STH) and likes to wear Albion stuff (and brand up his drum kit sometimes) on stage. the band have a big following, so its a no-brainer. No chance that they PAY him to wear it though. We're not that big time, nor that cynical.

I do expect that there has been a small miscommunication though, and Ben was supposed to know NOT to wear it until after the official launch (today?). that said, as above, it has not done any harm has it? If anything the early attention / intrigue is a bonus.

The gig was a week ago. I'm amazed pictures didn't surface sooner. I guess the other side of the world thing helps, as not many Aussies care about BHA, nor would even realise what he was wearing.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The home kit is the best we have had at the Amex but nowhere near the amazeballs L1 winning one. It's far from great but has grown on me more now with the numbers on the back breaking up the huge square. I just think it suffered from the 2 kits stitched together thing but that this would have gone largely un-noticed if the back didn't look like a THIRD kit stitched in.

As for the away, I think it's 'OK'. Would have rather had thin blue stripes on the arms than black and can't see there being enough for a clash. How anyone sees green in any of those photos I'm amazed but maybe it's like that weird gold dress a while back.

I may well buy one of them but sadly they are not up to the £48+ category and will if done, be a knock off in Asia. All the kits since L1 have left me with no interest in buying one and the only reason to get a knock off of this one would be the 1st season in EPL angle.

As a side note didn't like the keeper kit against Southend either :(

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Pre-ordered home kit has just arrived. Can confirm no horrible white plastic patch on front. Amex logo individual letters looks nice. Daughter happy with it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The home kit is the best we have had at the Amex but nowhere near the amazeballs L1 winning one. It's far from great but has grown on me more now with the numbers on the back breaking up the huge square. I just think it suffered from the 2 kits stitched together thing but that this would have gone largely un-noticed if the back didn't look like a THIRD kit stitched in.

As for the away, I think it's 'OK'. Would have rather had thin blue stripes on the arms than black and can't see there being enough for a clash. How anyone sees green in any of those photos I'm amazed but maybe it's like that weird gold dress a while back.

I may well buy one of them but sadly they are not up to the £48+ category and will if done, be a knock off in Asia. All the kits since L1 have left me with no interest in buying one and the only reason to get a knock off of this one would be the 1st season in EPL angle.

As a side note didn't like the keeper kit against Southend either :(

I respectfully have to disagree with every single point you've raised here.

A clean sweep

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here