Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - New Centre Back

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This is probably the only transfer that baffles me a bit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's fairly obvious the management aren't excluding White! Good. Perhaps they're as fed up as I am with people repeating "too young, too inexperienced" over and over like it's some kind of effin' mantra!
He has much PL experience as any of the expensive outfield players we've singed his window anyway!
Yes, but some of the 'expensive outfield players' have top level and international experience. White has played in league 2 for Newport County... Completely incomparable and I imagine Hughton would be fuming if he had to call on White if we picked up 2 injuries.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Dont know much about him but he is 6ft 7in tall so is he good at cutting out crosses or just balls coming at him from the opponents half like Dunk and Duffy.

His Wiki says PEA ROLLERS and DAISY CUTTERS are his specialty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
In literally every position, other than GK, which is understandably a genuine backup situation.

Suttner, Bong & Bernardo.
Bruno & Schelotto.
Stephens, Propper, Kayal, Gross & Bissouma.
Knockaert, Jahanbahksh, Izquierdo & March.
Murray, Locadia, Andone & Hemed.

All of these are either of equal standard, or it's marginal one way or another.

Our entire squad has fantastic depth, with the whole point being that if someone is out - over a long term, not for a single game here or there - we aren't noticeably weaker. Everyone pushes everyone else, because you know if you play poorly, there's a guy waiting to step into your shoes who might not give you another a chance that season. This is evidenced by the fact you will find a champion of each and every one of those players on NSC, and arguments about who is better than another. It's also evidenced by the fact that Barber, Hughton and Winstanley have stated this publicly on multiple occasions.

Answer me this - if you're right, and we only want to sign an 'old head' - a John Terry, Seb Bassong, James Collins, Gary Cahill, Robert Huth - all of whom you've suggested at one point or another - do you genuinely think that if Dunk or Duffy snapped an ACL in training, we'd be happy with them as a replacement for an entire season?

Follow up question - when 99% of people on this thread are saying you're wrong, and showing you why, does it enter your head that you might be wrong? Are you constantly on the wind-up, enjoying fishing for bites, or are you actually so stubborn that you can't even envisage a world where you aren't correct about something?

I'm genuinely interested.

is BG [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ? ???
just a thought :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Captures my feelings.
But I'll cheer him on when he's here.

Heaven forbid he might actually IMPROVE as a player. I've heard they sometimes do that...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, but some of the 'expensive outfield players' have top level and international experience. White has played in league 2 for Newport County... Completely incomparable and I imagine Hughton would be fuming if he had to call on White if we picked up 2 injuries.
Nonetheless, that's what CH and the recruitment team seem to have decided. Still, I suppose nothing will stop the 'too-young-too-inexperienced' devotees going on about it. Until he plays and does well, of course.................................

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
ITK
bob on again! :moo:

We did indeed walk away on Monday, and they only brought the potential deal back to the table on the final day.

It is a legitimate negotiating tactic. I don’t know if you’ve ever purchased a used car, or another expensive item, and in order to let the selling party know you’ve reached your absolute limit you sometimes have to literally turn around and walk away. That is what we did, and started work on two other potential targets, both the names of which are mentioned prominently in other threads. I’m sorry if you find that nature of negotiating hard to understand, but it happens, and it happened.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We did indeed walk away on Monday, and they only brought the potential deal back to the table on the final day.

It is a legitimate negotiating tactic. I don’t know if you’ve ever purchased a used car, or another expensive item, and in order to let the selling party know you’ve reached your absolute limit you sometimes have to literally turn around and walk away. That is what we did, and started work on two other potential targets, both the names of which are mentioned prominently in other threads. I’m sorry if you find that nature of negotiating hard to understand, but it happens, and it happened.

:lolol:
Remarkable ability never to admit to being wrong.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

are you familiar with zippy of kiddies tv show rainbow?
that's me right now! :wink:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Captain Hindsight,

You need to read what I said, I said the pursuit had been halted. I didn’t say it had been abandoned. The two terms have entirely different meanings. Lots of rail stations have the word ‘halt’ in their name, but that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the line.

I’m sorry if you think that way. I am frequently wrong, because footie never has been, nor never will be an exact science. I know some people like everything dark black or pure white, with no shades in between, but footie is a very murky business.

If it’s OK with you, as you appear to want to Lord this board and exercise some form of editorial control over it, I will continue to share the occasional info I receive. Thanks.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
About time for a wag picture.
f2d9def9520c2d2bd6bb9a9b6107647c.png

Not bad at all and likes a pie.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Considering he is a player who cannot play for us until January...why not wait until then and make a more or offer him a contract for next summer and sign him for free

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here