Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you believe the Earth is flat?

Do you believe the Earth is flat?

• Yes, I firmly believe the Earth is flat

Votes: 30 11.1%
  • I'm unsure, but the Earth could be flat

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • I believe The Earth is absolutely NOT flat

Votes: 229 84.5%

• Total voters

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I'm sure like every other sensible poster on here, they know the world is actually square, its been proven time after time, anyone and I mean ANYONE is utterly mad if they think the world is either flat or even round!!!
I've always thought it was octagon, what do I know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet these guys wish the earth was flat:-

[tweet]1039212679573979138[/tweet]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It 100% must be round

When I was 18 I went for a night out from Glasgow to Edinburgh

On the way there when I was sober it took me an hour to get there - On the way back after I got absolutely pissed it took me over 24 hours to get home. So I must have came back the long way

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I voted yes, because what the hell. We're going to hell in a handcart and it seems that every idiot is allowed to express their views in equal measure to the experts.

All we need is Trump to say the world is flat and 150 million American will believe it. If Farage, Johnston and Rees Mogg join in, half of Britain will as well.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I voted yes, because what the hell. We're going to hell in a handcart and it seems that every idiot is allowed to express their views in equal measure to the experts.

All we need is Trump to say the world is flat and 150 million American will believe it. If Farage, Johnston and Rees Mogg join in, half of Britain will as well.

You know that moment when someone overloads on drama in an unrelated ridiculous fashion.........................................................................................................................................

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You know that moment when someone overloads on drama in an unrelated ridiculous fashion.........................................................................................................................................

You talking about Johnston I assume :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Shirley the only people who do are the same ones who think there are loads of Nigerian Princes out there who want to help them get their inheritance out of the country.

Yoda

English & European
Shirley the only people who do are the same ones who think there are loads of Nigerian Princes out there who want to help them get their inheritance out of the country.

Not sure about that, but a lot of them believe Space is faked, The Moon landings were faked, Contrails are the Governments pumping Chemicals into the atmosphere to both brain wash us and hide the firmament, 9/11 was an inside job and metal doesn't start to become pliable at the temperature jet fuel burns at, JFK etc, etc....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

those are just naive or stupid. flat earthers a dangerous, they usually hold a raft of nonsense to be true (see above), then deliberately ignore centuries of science simply because "they" tell us the world is a globe. they have a bunch of half-reasonable sounding arguments to try and convince people of something, its a bit like a cult.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Yes we're familiar with your posting history.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
those are just naive or stupid. flat earthers a dangerous, they usually hold a raft of nonsense to be true (see above), then deliberately ignore centuries of science simply because "they" tell us the world is a globe. they have a bunch of half-reasonable sounding arguments to try and convince people of something, its a bit like a cult.

Dangerous?? Hehehe

Let people believe what they want. No harm done.

I don't believe in God, but I don't think Christians are dangerous!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't believe in God, but I don't think Christians are dangerous!

but religious zealots are, right? when people believe things simply on the grounds that they dont believe anything the established world of science tell them, they are dangerous as grossly false ideas start to take root.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
but religious zealots are, right? when people believe things simply on the grounds that they dont believe anything the established world of science tell them, they are dangerous as grossly false ideas start to take root.

OK agreed on the zealots part. But calling harmless flat earthers dangerous is a bit much tbf. Not everybody believes everything established science says , that's up to them isn't it? Freedom of thought and all that. We don't have the right to shoot people down for having a different outlook on the world - Just ignore it!

Live and let live I say

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here