Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2017

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I watch it on mlb tv online, always a free game every night, and an annual subscription gives you every single game to watch live or whenever you want, with commentary from either side, and extensive highlights, all for $100 a year to watch anywhere in the world (except within the location that team plays). Can you imagine if the premier league did that!

For the Blue Jays, I assume that's ALL OF CANADA :lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That is a tremendous call. I wonder what odds you could have got on that at the beginning of the season? 12/1 or something I'd guess?

Oh I don't know, they were always one of the stronger teams, heck I wasn't even the first person to call it on this thread :lol:

What is far more impressive is Sports Illustrated calling it back in 2014 when the Astros were rubbish - and not only that but their cover photo for the 2014 story was George Springer, the 2017 World Series MVP.

Thats what I like about baseball, when I started following the game back in 2013 (thanks to [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION]) the two worst teams by a long way, and the butt of everyone's jokes, were the Cubs and the Astros. And thats your 2016 and 2017 World Series Winners respectively.

10464218_10154263320520431_6241616349984624771_n.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I watch it on mlb tv online, always a free game every night, and an annual subscription gives you every single game to watch live or whenever you want, with commentary from either side, and extensive highlights, all for $100 a year to watch anywhere in the world (except within the location that team plays). Can you imagine if the premier league did that!
Thanks for that, might get the MLB TV off-season package to see if I fancy it enough to pay big money for it :)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
So sad to hear the news of Roy 'Doc' Halladay being killed in a plane crash at the age of only 40. Double Cy Young winner, once with the Toronto Blue Jays and once with Philadelphia. Saw him a few times, he was a true gentleman. I shall never forget the TV channel switching over to the game for the ninth inning when he had a chance of a no-hitter in his debut, only to be hit with two out.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
So sad to hear the news of Roy 'Doc' Halladay being killed in a plane crash at the age of only 40. Double Cy Young winner, once with the Toronto Blue Jays and once with Philadelphia. Saw him a few times, he was a true gentleman. I shall never forget the TV channel switching over to the game for the ninth inning when he had a chance of a no-hitter in his debut, only to be hit with two out.

Absolute tragedy, great person. Well worthy of the Level of Excellence at Rogers Centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here