Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done UKIP.

D

Deleted member 22389

Why are we spending 30 million pound a year on Child Benefits. This is where the system is completely wrong and shows a flaw in the EU rules that need changing.
This should be stopped completely.

I don't care if people are paying taxes in this country either, if you take a worker on minimum wage with two children, they are hardly paying any tax in to the system to warrant taking 33.00 pounds back out of it every single week.

And in the case of Poland where we send most of our child benefit, the child benefit there for a child under 5 ranges from 15.00 - 22.00 per month, compared to our 80.00 per month for one child.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/478646/Child-Benefit-worth-30million-sent-to-other-EU-countries-each-year-Taxpayers-outraged

We give away far too much in this country. You wonder why so many people for example are waiting in Calais to get over here. Once you have claimed Asylum, while you wait you are entitled to a full range of benefits, please take a look.

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support

It's all wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
And why would I enter into debate with a poster who has a track record of confronting others posters with the phrase....'cock'?

No, there are other more intelligent posters on here worth debating things with. You're not even if bright enough to consider your own tracks before posting.
You won't get into a debate with me because you don't like being told the truth, you prefer a bit of ineffectual mutual backslapping where you concede the odd point and then go away feeling good about what a reasonable individual you are.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You won't get into a debate with me because you don't like being told the truth, you prefer a bit of ineffectual mutual backslapping where you concede the odd point and then go away feeling good about what a reasonable individual you are.

Yes, that's right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure there are plenty of net contributors.

But there are also an awful lot who are, for want of a better phrase, milking the system.

The child benefit one is clearly the worst, and as others have said, surely it shouldn't be paid for ay least the first two years of someone working here.

I'd whole heartily agree with that. But this is a thread about UKIP.

It seems to me the malcontent amongst the British public occurs because of the injustices of our own welfare system and because of individual cases of people milking the system, not purely because of the EU ideal of free movement of labour. Why don't our governments don't look at other EU countries and see how they do it? The French health system for example covers similar things to ours, but you are expected to pay for large chunks of service and then claim it back from the state. That discourage some scroungers at a stroke.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
the voters done the talking last Thursday, we're moving forward, NOT A LOT ELSE TO BE SAID AT THE MOMENT ???
regards
DR

Good grief.

You and [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] really are like the Beavis and Butthead of NSC.

Not a lot else to be said? Surely, there's plenty to be said. Time to stop sniping from the sidelines and venture forth with some real answers.

For example. Right to Buy. For every house bought we should be replacing with 2 affordable housing replacements. The supply and demand should be managed so those that can least afford it can get a roof over their head.

You and Butthead have got to stop throwing the 'easy to find on Google and migrationwatch' stats about and start thinking about what you want done - beyond chucking out the Romanians.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
French health system for example covers similar things to ours, but you are expected to pay for large chunks of service and then claim it back from the state. That discourage some scroungers at a stroke.

If you mean to have to physically pay for care up front- No it doesn't - it isolates the poor who truly cannot afford to pay for healthcare up front

However, we already pay up front for our Healthcare- it's called National insurance!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A propos of nothing, Martin Hadfield a 20 year old unemployed bloke from Manchester killed himself recently because he couldn't get a job. The poor bloke was so proud that he didn't claim benefits. He went for 40 jobs in 12 weeks - every single time the same story. Someone less experienced, someone offering to work for less.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tragic-youngster-killed-himself-because-3576403

Of course, this is one isolated case and I've no doubt that there are a lot of hard-working immigrants and a lot of bone idle Brits but it's simply not fair to tar everyone who is being priced out of the job market by people willing to work for a pittance as thick or lazy.

Tragic story. However the article doesn't mention immigrants - just 'younger, cheaper' labour. That could mean immigrants but, given he's 20 and the phrase "younger" is specifically used it could just as well mean unqualified or part time school leavers. This is as much an issue as immigration. Zero hours contracts, part time labour and 'churning' employees are issues specifically created by the current government and its race to the bottom to massage unemployment figures. UKIP wouldn't deal with that side of it.

It needs a sensible debate. What, really, do we do for our young people to get them in to work? Apprentices? A mandatory living minimum wage and far more vigorous policing of it? More flexible working? Less immigration? More help for youngsters to start their own business? The problem is each of these are options and are not mutually exclusive yet all of the main parties - including UKIP - are ideologically scared of at least one of them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Everyone knows that this is the most corrupt operation on the face of planet Earth but no politician alive would turn down the opportunity to double or treble their salary whilst shuffling paperwork in Brussels.

I'm going to have to defend the EU slightly on that - they are not the most corrupt organisation - FIFA hold that dubious honour !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you mean to have to physically pay for care up front- No it doesn't - it isolates the poor who truly cannot afford to pay for healthcare up front

However, we already pay up front for our Healthcare- it's called National insurance!

Don't think you'll find NI has anything to do with the NHS anymore. In 2012/13, about 80% of payments from the fund were for pensions with the remaining being distributed as incapacity, maternity, unemployment and Widows/bereavement benefits. There was still a shortfall of just under £7m. However, I agree with your sentiments that we already pay for healthcare through our taxation system.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Even the biggest lefties and hysterics at the Guardian dismiss the allegation that Farage is a racist. He clearly isn't a racist. He is a culturist if anything. His party is front and centre libertarian not fascist you utter tool.

If you want to convince people that voting UKIP is wrong do it by using facts rather than unfounded allegations and ridiculous statements.

Look mate don't get stupid and call me a tool in a debate. Using derogatory language is a sign your floundering the argument.

Did you listen to the 20 minute interview???? DID YOU??? Listen to it and defend his comments yea

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The author of that Guardian piece has overlooked another reason why UKIP is not doing well in London.

London is now a majority ethnic city and it might not be in the interests of the population there to restrict immigration of their extended families back home?

Just a thought.

Well your thought is wrong you tool lol London is STILL a MAJORITY of white working class FACT. So the why would turkeys vote for Christmas quote doesn't work...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Because you're out of touch with people who are seeing their community changing before them.

Just admit you don't like seeing black people or hearing foreign languages... what is it you're scared of? Where do you live?

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Child benefit worth £30million paid by Britain to families across the EU but Cameron admits it is 'impossible' to stop it

UK taxpayer funds payments to 20,400 families with 34,268 children
Almost two-thirds sent to Poland, followed by Ireland, Lithuania and Latvia
David Cameron says no-one he has met thinks the benefits are 'sensible'
But Prime Minister warns that under existing EU rules it cannot be blocked
Tory MP Andrew Rosindell says claims should be blocked for five years

But still we gain a net benefit from migration and welfare makes up less than 10% from what revenue is lost from tax avoidance...

UKIP are for a flat tax and the deregulation of the financial sector, the very thing that caused the 2008 financial crisis

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
it's well know that Polish students came over for the summer went to the local job agency's in Brighton then turned up en masse in Newhaven CREAMED OFF WHAT THEY WANTED AND WENT BACK HOME , LOVELY JUBBLY jobs a gooden, KNEW SOME FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC THAT EARNED ENOUGH TO BUY THEMSELVES A PROPERTY BACK HOME never had it so good they reckoned ,, THING WAS OVERTIME WAS CUT FOR FULL TIME STAFF AND THIS LOT CAME IN AND TOOK IT ALL ON THE CHEAP :nono:
regards
DR

Blame your company and get a union to stop this happening...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
anybody who actually voted for UKIP is a complete and utter cretin

Possibly, but not as cretinous as the bloke who announces that as a fact - all that happens when UKIP-sympathisers read this sort of nonsense is that they dig their heels in.

Nobody is impressed by a nobody on the internet telling them they're an idiot. Either debate properly or keep your trap shut.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I agree with you. And I've posted many times on here to make the case that the concerns people have stem from many things: dissatisfaction with housing; with employment opportunities; fairness when it comes to bailing out the banks versus our ability to pay for local services, for education and for health.

What I am saying is that UKIP are jumping on the symptoms of problems and pointing the blame at a convenient enemy - immigration and the EU.

I believe that many of the things that are angering people need to be addressed through a much wider political debate than just the EU and immigration. And many of the answers to these problems sit with our own government, not the European Parliament.

I do think the EU needs modernising. It undoubtedly needs to become more efficient. But I also believe it provides economic advantage for us and to leave would be a massive mistake.

However, UKIP see the easy way to power by pointing at one single issue and laying the blame there. All very easy and simple. It's single issue politics and our problems are not all about single issue politics. Follow UKIP and we'll all go deeper into the mire - not out of it.

So, I agree with you.

Good post. UKIP have channelled everyones anger at unemployment, lack of housing, inflation, nhs etc etc on immigration. As I said earlier blame the minority, the gift that keeps on giving.

If people weren't so brainwashed they would realise immigration has a tiny impact on the above. The rich are simply diverting the publics attention from them getting richer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here