Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Couch To 5k

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don’t forget Hove Prom has both walk and walk/jog pacers for those who do not want to run the full 5k. Also nothing to stop you from turning up at a park run and doing part of the course e.g. one lap of Hove Park (1.8km) you won’t get a time of course but you do get the encouragement of participation and a feel of what’s to come and you can build up from there.

Great shout, thank you. I think I could do the 5k, slowly, but that goes against the idea of following the App so I don't get injured. That said I like the idea of doing one or two laps!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Biggest test today, late back from Stains last night and had to be up in Horsham early to change tyres, meetings now until 4 p.m. and the driving straight to Birmingham. Should arrive and check into hotel by 7.30 - 8 p.m. and dinner is booked for 9 p.m., so, got to squeeze this in today or I miss my established alternate days. If you see me doing this at a motorway service station try not to laugh, or, worst case scenario, it'll be after DINNER!!!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Biggest test today, late back from Stains last night and had to be up in Horsham early to change tyres, meetings now until 4 p.m. and the driving straight to Birmingham. Should arrive and check into hotel by 7.30 - 8 p.m. and dinner is booked for 9 p.m., so, got to squeeze this in today or I miss my established alternate days. If you see me doing this at a motorway service station try not to laugh, or, worst case scenario, it'll be after DINNER!!!

Good luck with that. One missed day can quickly lead to a week, a month.......That's why following a plan/app is good.

if you do miss it at least you had a good workout jumping about for half an hour last night.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don't get stressed about it - it's not supposed to be a chore. If life gets in the way, just bounce it a day - doing consecutive days once in a while won't do any harm....or move the whole programme by a day (ie work as if today never existed). I'm always shunting my plan around to accommodate other annoying stuff like work, travel etc.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, don't stress too much about it. As long as you get back on it, there's no problem.

Having said that I once went for a run in my civvies and shoes when I was running every day in January. It was the only way and time I could fit it in [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don't get stressed about it - it's not supposed to be a chore. If life gets in the way, just bounce it a day - doing consecutive days once in a while won't do any harm....or move the whole programme by a day (ie work as if today never existed). I'm always shunting my plan around to accommodate other annoying stuff like work, travel etc.

Yes, problem is tomorrow is an all day exhibition and dinner after, so I know that's not going to happen. I'll squeeze this in some how!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yeah, don't stress too much about it. As long as you get back on it, there's no problem.

Having said that I once went for a run in my civvies and shoes when I was running every day in January. It was the only way and time I could fit it in [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brilliant, I could do that tomorrow around the exhibition hall! :facepalm::ffsparr:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wow, found a park in Meriden, done it!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Week Two Completed .... getting the feeling I want to do more so adding in some sit ups, punch bag, and light weights for the running rest days. Not lost any weight yet!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Boom Week Three started

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Last night was the biggest test, I'm at the end of Week 4 (For the pedants amongst you a week in 5k land is six days as you do three exercises per week on alternate days) and I didn't get home until 10.10 p.m., so it was into the gym and Week 4 Session Two completed!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Last night was the biggest test, I'm at the end of Week 4 (For the pedants amongst you a week in 5k land is six days as you do three exercises per week on alternate days) and I didn't get home until 10.10 p.m., so it was into the gym and Week 4 Session Two completed!

Well done. refresh, please. How many weeks in total plan?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well done. refresh, please. How many weeks in total plan?

Nine Weeks, each of three sessions, I'm on Week Four session three. This is warm up 5 min walk, Run 3 mins, walk 90 secs, run 5 mins, walk 2.5 mins, run 3 mins, walk 90 secs, run 5 mins, 5 min walk warm down. So you could complete in 53 days, i.e. a month and 3/4's.

Week Five is getting better with 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] So, Week 6 Run 2 now, still with the programme and hitting the days!

It's up to twenty minutes of running! Or breaks of 10 min run, 3 min walk, 10 minute run

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That W5R3 looks distinctly scarey. It's like they suddenly took away the safety net of giving you a bit of of a walking breather. It may well be all in the head but still looks a bit of a major challenge to anybody trusting implicitly in the programme. Just seems a bit of a harsh reality slap.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] So, Week 6 Run 2 now, still with the programme and hitting the days!

It's up to twenty minutes of running! Or breaks of 10 min run, 3 min walk, 10 minute run

Great stuff....almost ready for parkrun [emoji106][emoji106]
[MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]. - it really isn’t if you’ve been following the programme....just need to trust the plan

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Great stuff....almost ready for parkrun [emoji106][emoji106]
[MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]. - it really isn’t if you’ve been following the programme....just need to trust the plan

I know all that. But you're still being dropped straight into a 20 minute run scenario whereas you were only ever doing 5 or 8 minutes before. I DO trust in the programme because it's never let me down thus far. And I've been following it to the letter. Still seems a huge scarey jump tho. W4R3 tomorrow, will report back after W5R3.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here