Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] King Kayal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Suppose as close as anyone will get to you saying your wrong

1 swallow doesnt make a summer and that is not to say that my yopinion of his general play has changed. I think that it is no brainer that when fit both Stephens and Propper should be picked ahead of him.but as I said all credit to him he came in to replace one of those and stepped up this evening.doing a good job and proving an able deputy, which I will admit I never considered him good enough to do.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
1 swallow doesnt make a summer and that is not to say that my yopinion of his general play has changed. I think that it is no brainer that when fit both Stephens and Propper should be picked ahead of him.but as I said all credit to him he came in to replace one of those and stepped up this evening.doing a good job and proving an able deputy, which I will admit I never considered him good enough to do.

Well you're certainly qualified for that :lolol:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I am sure the statisticians will know the answer but I am told that our win last night was the first in the Premier in which Kayal has started for us.

I’d imagine his previous starts were all away from home. And with a small sample size of games I wouldn’t read anything into it.

I can only recall him starting away at Chelsea, Spurs & Everton

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am sure the statisticians will know the answer but I am told that our win last night was the first in the Premier in which Kayal has started for us.

Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Everton (a)
Leicester (h)
Palace (a)
Spurs (h)
Burnley (a)
Liverpool (a)
Man City (a)

If we had got 27 points from those games, you would still have tried to find another spurious stat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Everton (a)
Leicester (h)
Palace (a)
Spurs (h)
Burnley (a)
Liverpool (a)
Man City (a)

If we had got 27 points from those games, you would still have tried to find another spurious stat.

How many of those games could we and should we have won I would say possibly 4 ,not that it was Kayals fault that we didnt, but a fact still.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
How many of those games could we and should we have won I would say possibly 4 ,not that it was Kayals fault that we didnt, but a fact still.
You want me to pass a hypothetical opinion on games we could have won and it will become fact? Really? Are you aware of our away form last year, with or without Kayal? A home game against the PL champions from a couple of years ago was the best chance of a win from those games. 5 of the 9 games were against top 6 games with 4 of them being away from home and Hughton flooded the midfield. You think we should have won away against last season's Burnley who qualified for Europe? And away against our rivals and Everton?

Grasping at straws.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

He started in seven games for us last season, including Tottenham away, Chelsea away and Liverpool away. He was awful at Everton (again, a tough away game), but that was his only really poor performance, it was his first game for a while, and the whole team was useless. He also played at Burnley, where we drew 0-0.

His only home games were Leicester where he played well, and we should have won, and the draw against Spurs, where he was my MOTM.

Your statistics prove nothing.

EDIT: Looking above it seems I missed Liverpool and Palace, both away.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last season was an education for the whole squad and Kayal's performance last night showed how he has learned from it and matured as a player. It's great to see because he offers something different to the other central midfielders.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

From that list you must be suggesting that we 'should have ' won away at Palce, Burnley and Everton, (and Leicester at home).

FFS! We won two away games all season!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How anyone who has watched Kayal since he has been back this season say he is not premiership quality is totally baffling.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
COULD and if we wish to progress pehaps should have

And yet you choose to focus on the games (as stated previously, 7 out of 9 of which were away) that Kayal played in.

Who do you blame for the away games at West Brom, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Watford, Stoke, Southampton, Bournemouth and Leicester, which by your standards, perhaps we should be winning if we wish to progress?

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Kayal was my Albion MOM at City last week and for me was streets ahead of anyone else on the park last night, perhaps the best performance from an Albion player this season.

Propper was poor and look forward to the Stephens/Kayal partnership being restored ASAP

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here