Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
See this all the time where I work. People sign a contract agree a start date and then don't turn up. In normal jobs there is a probation period where they can just walk out or you can rid off them with no notice. It a bit shitty but then we always get someone else.

Should make the friendly interesting though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think at most it was a verbal agreement .

Well, even Sammy admits that there was an agreement in the club statement. Personally, I find it difficult to believe that the club would have released a statement saying that he had agreed to join us, just based on a verbal acceptance, but concede that it's just possible.

Either way, he looks a complete twonk - reneging on a deal is the sign of a dishonourable person.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What a tosser. I can understand his view but it doesn't make himself look very good. I feel sorry for Sami, he must feel very let down.

Oh well though. Maybe he will get more used to Nathan and go with him?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
It says more about Sammy Lee. I know players/managers shaft clubs and vice versa, but Lee has shafted a mate as well. Whatever Lee does from now on this will follow him. BHA and Sami have clearly dodged a bullet.

HarryFlashman

Jun 28, 2014
Well, even Sammy admits that there was an agreement in the club statement. Personally, I find it difficult to believe that the club would have released a statement saying that he had agreed to join us, just based on a verbal acceptance, but concede that it's just possible.

Either way, he looks a complete twonk - reneging on a deal is the sign of a dishonourable person.

I think Hypia has been let down pretty badly but I'm also pretty confident there was no contract again I suppose that'll come out over the next few days .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Things may not work out for Lee at Southampton. He goes into a club that has high expectations, players leaving, and i believe a couple more players will probably go to their former manager. Ok Southampton will be cash rich but will the players that they sign all gel and be as committed as those that played under Pochettino.
According to a player that has gone right through the academy, Pochettino was the best manager he has played under at the club.
I expect Jay Rodriguez and one other to follow Pochettino to Spurs.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I wonder if there is any possibility of the Southampton game being cancelled and another team taking their place? Cant imagine TB and his team are going to be too happy with them for gazumping us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here