Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U16 tickets

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought the U10 & U16 categories were for the Family Stand only. Elsewhere it's just U18.

Correct. I assumed the difference was partly to ease the blow when a family has to vacate the FS as they're not immediately hit with the full adult price.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I thought the U10 & U16 categories were for the Family Stand only. Elsewhere it's just U18.

Agreed - although it is a mine field. When my oldest hit 16 on Jan 1st the direct debit did not change, so the price remained for the season. I don't think the same rule applies for individual tickets. I ended up going into the ticket office, to go through renewal options and they almost moved us to the centre of the East Stand, until I pointed out that two adults and one child in the family stand was cheaper than one adult and two under 18s in the main section. It also meant we could keep our block of 10 together.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I thought it was the age at the start of the season, 15 and under, but if turns 16 during the season, still classed as under. But I must be wrong

It is for season tickets but for individual tickets its age on the day of the game

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Having said all that , im sure that prior to this season there was no under 16 bracket ? ( under 10 then a jump to under 18)
Maybe things have changed due to demand from fans that kids aged between 10 and 16 were still 100% dependent on their parents ?
Either way a phone call to the club would do no harm ?
Good luck.

What stand are you in? We are in WSU.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I have no idea why a student gets tickets cheaper?
My girlfriends brother is a 'student,' he's never had a job in his life and has a LOT more disposable income then us. (we are similar age, and both work!)

What's the link between watching football and studying geology?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Have always paid the under 18 rate as we sit in the West Upper, my boy swears like a squaddie so no way could we sit in the East, I don't know where he gets it from.:whistle:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
My girlfriends brother is a 'student,' he's never had a job in his life and has a LOT more disposable income then us. (we are similar age, and both work!)

Because generally, students live off a maintenance loan which is around £1000 for 3-4 months.

If you discourage people from getting degrees (or not actively encourage them) the country will not keep up with other developing nations who are churning out millions of heavily educated people every year.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

The less popular games are generally midweek games during term time. Long distance supporters, choose not to travel and youngsters have to be in bed on a school night. Students are a good target for filling seats, when so many of them are around at this time and are literally on the doorstep. If a few get converted to long term supporters, even better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No Dave, I was surprised that I had to pay full price for a ticket for him for Millwall, he has just turned 16 and is still a schoolboy, Watford was £15 for 16-19 year olds.

I had to pay extra for my 10 year olds season ticket this season, he went from under 10 price to over 10 tens, he was 10 in September but still had to pay for over 10 before this season started.
Why have you had to pay for your 16 year old as an adult. I haven't and I very much doubt anyone is going to check

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I felt I had a lot of disposable income when I was a student, but the reality is that they have bills, rent and so on, but no great source of income other than loans. I would suggest your future brother-in-law ( :) ) will be in for a shock later on when it all has to be paid back.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my son is a season tik holder,has also been to 7 away days this season,some on his own and i have always brought him a under 16 ,he is 16,has never been challenged,done the same for millwall,(he looks well over 16),also the club know his age obviously but still always sellme a under 16 tik

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why have you had to pay for your 16 year old as an adult. I haven't and I very much doubt anyone is going to check

My mrs ordered the tickets yesterday and she said that was the price for him.
Not sure how she could have got an under 16 ticket for him as his DOB is registered with the club and linked to his fan number.
How did you get round this?

Apr 12, 2011
Unless they've changed in the last year or two, they always used to based it on the age of the person on a certain date, usually in July or August at the start of the season.

For instance for someone turning 18, as long as they were 17 at the start of the season, they would still get the u18 rate for that season even if they turned 18 half way through.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
my son is a season tik holder,has also been to 7 away days this season,some on his own and i have always brought him a under 16 ,he is 16,has never been challenged,done the same for millwall,(he looks well over 16),also the club know his age obviously but still always sellme a under 16 tik

I wish I had known this a few weeks back, my son is 16 but looks at least 18, Watford ticket was £15 and as you know from other posts I have paid £26 for Millwall.

How do you get the U-16 tickets for him if the club have his DOB?.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ive just order on line,for me and my lad,it automaticly puts in the under 16 price

Apr 12, 2011
You can book any age ticket on any fan number. I've booked kids tickets under friends' names before and the other way round for away or cup games. All they care about is that the person entering the stadium is eligible for the ticket bought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here