Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the Gobsh*te woman slagging off the early leavers

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not sure if it being the cup makes a difference, but last weekend I watched the game from WSU and stopped for a pint afterwards, because the vibe seemed right. Not bothered by anyone moving about or trying to leave early. This week back in East Lower and back to square one. Some people saunter up and down the aisle regardless of the state of play. When you are low down, you can miss whole chunks of action, whilst Uncle Fred just confirms everyone's order one final time. Stay for a pint afterwards and you are surrounded by kids playing football with a coke bottle or some other crap. There are plenty of good people, who I am glad to stop for a chat with, but I think I have just about had enough of the family stand.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Er.. threads like this one. I thought that was pretty clear.

I've been going to football matches for forty years. There are always people who leave early, and there are always people who need a pee during the game. I would hope most people would be able to deal with that, live and let live, and get on with their own lives. Now the internet allows us to see how petty minded some people are.
But they're not letting me live are they, they're getting in the bloody way and spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

Oh that's right I didn't think of that, our players must be getting really stressed when some people leave early. :ffsparr:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The people who annoy me most are the ones who arrive late for matches, concerts, films and theatres.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I've been going to football matches for forty years. There are always people who leave early, and there are always people who need a pee during the game. I would hope most people would be able to deal with that, live and let live, and get on with their own lives. Now the internet allows us to see how petty minded some people are.

What do you want them to do, fly vertically out of their seats and land safely in the bus queue?
Wait till the final whistls or leave quickly, not stand in front of the vomitory for ten minutes.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's **** all to do with dick measuring and everything to do with a) getting in the way, b) disrespecting the team and c) ruining the atmosphere. How many times does this have to be explained. And before I get moaned at, I'm sure there are some people who do need to leave early; but I personally am terrified of even missing a second.
Do you think this makes you more of a fan than someone who leaves on 80 mins? One page in and someone couldn't resist posting that they went to Gillingham. 5-2 down away to Bristol city was the last time I left a match early did that disrespect the team or make me a bad fan?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Oh that's right I didn't think of that, our players must be getting really stressed when some people leave early. :ffsparr:

They're pushing for a winner and want your support whilst your heading for the exit, yes it definitely is worthy of a :facepalm:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

What do you want them to do, fly vertically out of their seats and land safely in the bus queue?
Wait till the final whistls or leave quickly, not stand in front of the vomitory for ten minutes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you think this makes you more of a fan than someone who leaves on 80 mins? One page in and someone couldn't resist posting that they went to Gillingham. 5-2 down away to Bristol city was the last time I left a match early did that disrespect the team or make me a bad fan?

I left West Ham after 13 minutes. Poyet got it so wrong I wasn't waiting around to see that.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Yes it does make him a better fan, surely that goes without saying? If you leave at 80 minutes you are literally a part-time supporter. I'm not moaning or anything; it's a free country and if you want to leave before the end that is entirely your choice and it really isn't a problem - but the best fans/supporters stay to the end. You can't have it both ways.

PS - And by the same token anybody who goes to every home game but leaves regularly on 80 minutes is a better fan than me as I rarely go at all!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
But they're not letting me live are they, they're getting in the bloody way and spoiling my enjoyment of the game.
This ^^^^
An early leaver yesterday was edging down the row in front of me just as there was a bit of goalmouth action ( I'm in the south end of the east lower ) , and decided it was perfectly acceptable to stand in front of me and my boys and block our view, to be fair he was apologetic when I pointed out his mistake, but still........

Jam

Jan 19, 2012
When I'm lucky enough to get the chance to go to a game I don't want to miss a second. I literally can't tear my eyes away from the pitch, because I love the game and I love the team. Why anyone would spend their hard earned money if they're not that bothered about seeing it to the end is beyond me. Still, each to their own... as long as they piss off out of my way quickly.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes it does make him a better fan, surely that goes without saying? If you leave at 80 minutes you are literally a part-time supporter. I'm not moaning or anything; it's a free country and if you want to leave before the end that is entirely your choice and it really isn't a problem - but the best fans/supporters stay to the end. You can't have it both ways.

PS - And by the same token anybody who goes to every home game but leaves regularly on 80 minutes is a better fan than me as I rarely go at all!
You don't have to attend matches to be a better fan, supporting your team of choice is in your blood not guided by how many games you go to. I think this is my point.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You don't have to attend matches to be a better fan, supporting your team of choice is in your blood not guided by how many games you go to. I think this is my point.

Hmm interesting, if that's your opinion then fair enough but I would disagree. After all 'fan' is short for 'fanatic', and whilst I call myself a Brighton fan I rarely go to games and I'm quite prepared to admit that the people who go week in week out are much better fans than me - and the ones who stay to the end are, by definition, more fanatical than those who leave early.

I guess it's an extension of the whole 'fans or customers' debate - are you a Brighton fan, customer, supporter or follower? (And certainly the early leavers can claim to be just as good customers as those who stay to the end). From my point of view come the end of the season and they're allocating play-off final tickets (if we get there!) I don't expect to be at the front of the queue.

Even bushy's a better Brighton fan than me - and he supports Chelsea!

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I disagree, all the early leavers should face the fact they are shit fans and have no right to complain about any verbal abuse directed at them.

You should have heard what the rangers fans who were down 2 weeks ago thought about you. :lolol:

Goodness, this is an embarrassing post! "Face the facts" lol. Proper joker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here