Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Exactly... it is far more than the tiny minority the liberal apologists would have you believe.... even among the communities in this country.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you look at the war torn countries in the East, Somalia, Yemen, Chad, they have over 90% Muslim population. Peace needed in their own countries.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On the subject of the Amex, the gatherings post game in the Lower West and North would appear to be a vulnerable place / time.

I was just thinking that. The days of me walking into The North Stand unchecked for a pint after a game to let the crowd go down at Falmer station are surely over.

Last edited:

Rather odd speech by Trump in response I thought...."I won't call them monsters because they would like that term, they would think that's a great name.....". I think he should think about sacking his speech writer.
Like him or not it summed them up perfectly. Losers and cowards.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Charlotte Campbell’s 15-year-old daughter, Olivia, is still missing after the concert. She spoke to BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, where she began by saying when she last talked to her daughter:

She was at the concert. She’d just seen the support act and said she was having an amazing time, and thanking me for letting her go. She was with her friend, Adam. Adam was found about half an hour ago – he’s in hospital – but Olivia’s not been found yet.

I’m at home phoning everybody: hospitals, police, the centres that the children have been put in. Her dad’s in Manchester looking for her. I’ve got friends looking for her. I’ve got people I don’t even know looking for her, people messaging me, saying we’ve got her photo, looking for her, we’ll get in contact if we see her. And I’m just hearing nothing. Her phone’s dead.

Social media has been wonderful. I don’t know what I’ve have done without them, it’s made it so aware that she’s missing. There’s thousands of people who now know she’s missing, there’s people out looking for her I don’t know, and I can’t thank these people enough, giving their time up.

They’ve basically told me to stay put and wait for a phone call. I daren’t leave the house just in case she somehow gets home."

Dreadful. No words can describe what they are going through.
I heard that too, it's absolutely awful, cannot even imagine what the parents of the missing are going through and also the children who are unable to get into contact with their parents.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was just thinking that. The days of me walking into The North Stand unchecked for a pint after a game to let the crowd go down at Falmer station are surely over.

While the fact remains you will be more likely to be killed crossing the road walking back to your home.

There has to be a sense of perspective. Every time you walk out of the door, there are statistical chances of being killed in some way, horrendous as that sounds. Going into the North Stand for a pint after the game is going to be a lot lower risk than everything else you have done that day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly... it is far more than the tiny minority the liberal apologists would have you believe.... even among the communities in this country.
And therein lies the problem. They may condemn the terrorists methods, but at the end of the day they share their ultimate aims - UK law being replaced by Sharia Law (and all that that entails - apostasy becoming a crime......and homosexuality, of course. And certainly not allowing teenage girls to attend decadent pop concerts like the one bombed last night) and ultimately Britain (or whatever western country the scumbag murdering terrorists are attacking art the time) to become a Muslim country.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
While the fact remains you will be more likely to be killed crossing the road walking back to your home.

There has to be a sense of perspective. Every time you walk out of the door, there are statistical chances of being killed in some way, horrendous as that sounds. Going into the North Stand for a pint after the game is going to be a lot lower risk than everything else you have done that day.

Very true and I know that. There is surely going to be security changes for events at high profile venues and the ability to just walk into one afterwards unchecked - and you don't get much more high profile globally than a Premier League stadium.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Off to Wembley with the family on Monday, and I can't help but feel nervous about navigating those big crowds outside the venue now.

I know people say to not to let the terrorists win and all that. But you can't help feeling nervous...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Off to Wembley with the family on Monday, and I can't help but feel nervous about navigating those big crowds outside the venue now.

I know people say to not to let the terrorists win and all that. But you can't help feeling nervous...

I'm off to the cricket at Headingly tomorrow and also a bit nervous.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
An 8 year old confirmed dead.

“A beautiful little girl” has been named a victim of the suspected suicide attack after the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester that has left at least 22 dead and 59 people injured.

Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos, was at the concert with her mother Lisa Roussos and Saffie’s sister, Ashlee Bromwich who were later found injured in separate hospitals.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Isis claim responsibility

More on Islamic State’s claim of responsibility for the attack. “A soldier of the Caliphate managed to place explosive devises in the midst of gatherings of the Crusaders in the British City of Manchester,” its news service said.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
An 8 year old confirmed dead.

“A beautiful little girl” has been named a victim of the suspected suicide attack after the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester that has left at least 22 dead and 59 people injured.

Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos, was at the concert with her mother Lisa Roussos and Saffie’s sister, Ashlee Bromwich who were later found injured in separate hospitals.

705.jpg

The face of innocence destroyed by a shit stain ideology.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I have no doubt that few of the Muslims that live in the UK are willing let alone capable of perpetrating such heinous crimes however there is the inescapable fact that Islam, like many forms of Christianity in times past, creates a difference between the believer and non-believer. Tolerance is essentially conditional and when push comes to shove does not permit a sitting on the fence about who's side you are really on. The fact that the vast majority of the victims of Muslim violence are other Muslims highlights the pernicious nature of the rhetoric and propaganda that can be drawn from religious interpretation.

However, the reason that very few so called Christians use violence to achieve their aims is because the West is increasingly secular, has replaced superstition with empirical evidence, is progressively tolerant and has stopped punishing people for breaking the moral codes of the Bible. Even highly sectarian conflicts like the Troubles have been largely consigned to history simply because people recognised you cannot go on forever with tit for tat violence.

I respect everyone's right to believe what they want to believe however it really is time for the so called moderate Muslim majority in this country to stand up and not only make their disgust at actions like this crystal clear but then work tirelessly to reform the aspects of their religion that allow people to develop such twisted views and consign the intolerance to the past.

Of course the West has it's part to play and there are the arguments around how the West has, and continues to behave in the affairs of other countries and cultures but the real change can only come from within.

It's not enough to keep claiming Islam is a religion of peace. Make it so.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
12 children among the wounded

Twelve children under the age of 16 were among the 59 casualties taken to hospital after the attack, according to David Ratcliffe, medical director of North West Ambulance Service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here