Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Cornell RIP

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You would think he had a lifestyle that most of us could only dream off with envy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Soundgarden along with Pearl Jam, Meat Puppets, Blind Melon and other such bands of the 90's and later Audioslave were the soundtrack to my teens. They were the bands that started me going to gigs and festivals. I made lifelong friends through a shared love of this stuff. Gutted.
I turned 40 yesterday and was in a reflective mood as it was. Hearing that news made me rather sad. Needless to say Soundgarden, Audioslave and his solo work featured heavily on my birthday play list last night.

40. Shit.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You would think he had a lifestyle that most of us could only dream off with envy.

If a person has demons then they're going to be there regardless of lifestyle. Paul Gascoigne is a prime example. Bloke had a life any of us as kids would have snatched at. But he has some definite problems in spite of, and it could be argued, exacerbated by that lifestyle.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lifestyle, wealth, family, success; mental health doesn't discriminate. I've been effected personally this year, and the impact is devastating. Too many in seemingly happy circumstances, tragically unravel in misunderstood mental labyrinths that they see no way out from. It's easy to think of mental health as a result of worries, or stress, or some understandable symptoms, but it goes much deeper, the pattern of thought so skewed that any rational person cannot project the thought processes that must have gone on.

Males 40 - 60 are seemingly most at risk, so as was said on another thread recently, we really do need to look out for each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here