Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Chris Hughton puts a No.10 top of Premier League wish list for Albion"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the thread title should read "Chris Hughton puts a backup No.10 top of Premier League wish list for Albion". I got a lotta love for Baldy.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most concerning part of that article is where he says March , Murphy and Skalak can all play there.

NO THEY CANT. WE LOOK DOGSHIT EVERYTIME ONE OF THEM HAS TRIED.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
can someone tell me what role/style/type of player this No 10 will be and what formation will we play?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was discussing with my son last night bout possible loans from top Premier league clubs, I came out with Abrahams, etc , but, he reckons Iheanacho would be a great loan signing, and with City having so many good attacking players, Aguerro, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, De Bruyne, that's before they have singed anyone, they could well send him out on loan.

Thoughts?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was discussing with my son last night bout possible loans from top Premier league clubs, I came out with Abrahams, etc , but, he reckons Iheanacho would be a great loan signing, and with City having so many good attacking players, Aguerro, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, De Bruyne, that's before they have singed anyone, they could well send him out on loan.

Thoughts?

Think he'd rather be sold than a season long loan, I doubt he himself feels he is still developing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
can someone tell me what role/style/type of player this No 10 will be and what formation will we play?

In a word: Playmaker. Can play out of midfield, set up and score goals.

We'll be more 4-5-1 than 4-4-2 next season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'd be delighted if we signed Pritchard. Quality player and would suit our system wonderfully. No wonder CH wanted him last season.

But of course, he is the only footballer to ever reject Brighton for more money so we can't possibly accept him.
When we were on our game Pritchard didn't get a sniff and looked very average also easily bullied of the ball. He scored two fluke goals against a hung over Albion side big deal.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
When we were on our game Pritchard didn't get a sniff and looked very average also easily bullied of the ball. He scored two fluke goals against a hung over Albion side big deal.

He was best player on the pitch that night...yes he got lucky but if you shoot you always have the opportunity to score. I spoke to some Villa fans before the last game and in their opinion he was the best player to play at Villa this season. Yes he had a flat game against us at home but don't think that was a summary of his season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
A Teixeira that knows when to release the ball.

4-3-3 / 4-5-1

certainly don't see us playing 4 4 2 in many /any games. I guess this is why we bought Norwood and so far he has not done enough, though to be fair to him he has not played in that role with us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
certainly don't see us playing 4 4 2 in many /any games. I guess this is why we bought Norwood and so far he has not done enough, though to be fair to him he has not played in that role with us.

I think Norwood will always play a bit deeper.
Cairney would fit the bill potentially but be expensive. Going back for Pritchard seems quite probable for an essentially attacking player. As an outsider Jota at Brentford would be a flair option but untried at the next level. Ditto with Izzy Brown or Jon Swift who is worth a look if Reading don't make it. Grant Leadbitter or Adam Clayton at Boro' might be a decent option as back up giving more focus on flooding the midfield.
Plus there is always Calleri now he has PL experience under his belt :lol:

Lets try and tempt back Ulloa from Leicester. He may not be a natural number 10 but we certainly relied on him playing 4-5-1 in Poyets days and he must have done something right as we made a decent profit on his sale!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Thoughts?

Dortmund have already made enquires about Iheanacho, but would be very happy if either he or Abrahams were pulling on a Brighton shirt next season.

Bony's also probably headed for the exit door at City, but after the season he's just had on loan with Stoke I'd be a little wary.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy Iheanacho will either move to someone like Southampton or a decent Champions League outfit in Europe - he's a quality player.

Bony is an interesting proposition. He needs a permanent move away from City, it hasn't worked out for him at Stoke and if we're going to be playing 4-5-1 then he'd fit the bill.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bony more likely to head back to Swansea I'd have thought. Also seems to blow a bit hot & cold, and- coming from City- would be on MASSIVE wages. I don't really want mercenaries. I'd rather take a chance on somebody younger, maybe with a bit of something to prove (e.g. Abraham) than end up paying some prima donna, Johnny Big Balls character £90k a week, à la Palace & Bournemouth (for example).

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Patrick Roberts has been impressive for Celtic on loan from Man City this year. Maybe being loaned out again to a premier league club. Not sure if he is more a winger though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here