Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
[tweet]859425371141402624[/tweet]

Let's watch how much our MSM runs with this before 8 June...any real foundation to it and other allegations about HSBC's influence should see it all over our 'free press'....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sure the Tories will win a landslide and destroy The Labour Party on a par with what they did in 1935 under Stanley Baldwin. Shame they stitched up ordinary British people afterwards, as well as all of Europe.
World War II? I think you'll find that Adolf Hitler is the person that most credible historians blame for that......................

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
World War II? I think you'll find that Adolf Hitler is the person that most credible historians blame for that......................

Yes, they do. I would agree with them too.

Who signed the Munich agreement with him though in 1938, turning The UK's back on the continent and shafting Europe in the process when a short, sharp war over Czechoslovakia would have stopped the Third Reich in it's tracks and saved Eastern Europe in particular from hardship that followed and who was cheered off a plane on his return from doing a deal in Europe? - The Conservative Prime Minister of The United Kingdom. Even the isolationist US President cabled him afterwards calling him a 'good man.'

Still, no parallels with that today with Brexit, Trump and our own current caring, sharing Conservative Government's attitude toward Europe and ordinary British people.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, they do. I would agree with them too.

Who signed the Munich agreement with him though in 1938, turning The UK's back on the continent and shafting Europe in the process when a short, sharp war over Czechoslovakia would have stopped the Third Reich in it's tracks and saved Eastern Europe in particular from hardship that followed and who was cheered off a plane on his return from doing a deal in Europe? - The Conservative Prime Minister of The United Kingdom. Even the isolationist US President cabled him afterwards calling him a 'good man.'

Still, no parallels with that today with Brexit, Trump and our own current caring, sharing Conservative Government's attitude toward Europe and ordinary British people.
There is also considerable support for the theory that Chamberlain was deliberately playing for time, knowing that we were totally unprepared for war. I don't subscribe to that particular theory myself (though the extra year we got was undoubtedly useful, but I just don't think that was in any way due to a smart strategy being played by Chamberlain; it was just lucky the way things panned out) but the idea that a short sharp war over Czechoslovakia would have stopped Hitler in his tracks fairly beggars belief. Sorry!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She trots out 'strong and stable leadership' again in her latest interview to Laura Kuenssberg, but now there's a new soundbite in town and what great, conciliatory diplomatic language too:

[tweet]859439168648347649[/tweet]

Oh my ****ing god. And she's leading your talks. Jesus.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
May was in Plymouth today stinking the place out, if I had known that old boiler was gurning her way around town I would have taken the day off and luzzed half a dozen eggs at her.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In 2013 the Tories sold off the state owned NHS blood plasma supplier, Plasma Resources UK (PRUK) to US private equity firm Bain Capital for £230 million.

It’s now been revealed that the US firm has sold on the NHS plasma supply company – now renamed Bio Products Laboratory – to Chinese state-owned firm Creat for £830 million.

Which means the hapless Tories have managed to cost the UK taxpayer £590 million – while at the same time ensuring essential supplies of plasma to UK patients are now in the hands of the Chinese government.

nhs-plasma-sold-off.png

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017...0-million-sold-on-to-chinese-for-820-million/

Don't worry with Brexit we'll have that back in a couple of £350m weeks

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
There is a lot of political angst from people on this thread. Let it all out everyone. Moan, bitch and be sarcastic. It wont change much but it'll make you feel better for five minutes.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There is also considerable support for the theory that Chamberlain was deliberately playing for time, knowing that we were totally unprepared for war. I don't subscribe to that particular theory myself (though the extra year we got was undoubtedly useful, but I just don't think that was in any way due to a smart strategy being played by Chamberlain; it was just lucky the way things panned out) but the idea that a short sharp war over Czechoslovakia would have stopped Hitler in his tracks fairly beggars belief. Sorry!

I'm of the historical train of thought that an assertive military action, started upon the French/German border, backed by The Royal Navy at sea and The RAF in the air and aided not only by France but by the Czechoslovakian's Slavic brethren in The Soviet Union who would have come to their aid and The Czechoslovakian's own quite sophisticated defence system in 1938 within their own territorial borders prior to them getting shafted at Munich, which were mostly in The Sudetenland territory, would have stopped Hitler in his tracks. We didn't do it though. We stayed out - It was but a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing remember - The Conservative and Unionist Party said so. Not worth a drop of British blood and The Americans were against it too, plus we had a comprehensive free trade deal with India then as we were bleeding it dry through empire, so diplomacy in the continent with our near neighbours wasn't needed.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Chips look ok, least it is a nicer photo than Corbyn with Adams and the other IRA sympathisers, now that does add salt to the wound.

True. Theresa from Eastbourne hangs out with some real nice guys.

may-erdogan2801a.jpg

sub-buzz-12643-1481724422-1.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chips look ok, least it is a nicer photo than Corbyn with Adams and the other IRA sympathisers, now that does add salt to the wound.

???

Attachments

• IMG_6781.JPG
    IMG_6781.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 184

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

As you well know, this killer was pardoned and let off by which government ?.
As a "proper" politician, May was obliged to meet him in this role.......tell me in what role Mcguinness was playing when Corbyn was cosying up to him and Adams and attending and supporting IRA funerals.......I will give you a clue, LONG before this picture and senario.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As you well know, this killer was pardoned and let off by which government ?.
As a "proper" politician, May was obliged to meet him in this role.......tell me in what role Mcguinness was playing when Corbyn was cosying up to him and Adams and attending and supporting IRA funerals.......I will give you a clue, LONG before this picture and senario.

Why did Thatcher meet with him in the 1980's? Then John Major?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm of the historical train of thought that an assertive military action, started upon the French/German border, backed by The Royal Navy at sea and The RAF in the air and aided not only by France but by the Czechoslovakian's Slavic brethren in The Soviet Union who would have come to their aid and The Czechoslovakian's own quite sophisticated defence system in 1938 within their own territorial borders prior to them getting shafted at Munich, which were mostly in The Sudetenland territory, would have stopped Hitler in his tracks. We didn't do it though. We stayed out - It was but a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing remember - The Conservative and Unionist Party said so. Not worth a drop of British blood and The Americans were against it too, plus we had a comprehensive free trade deal with India then as we were bleeding it dry through empire, so diplomacy in the continent with our near neighbours wasn't needed.

Two years later, playing a home fixture over home territory, the RAF only just managed to defeat the Luftwaffe by the skin of its teeth and with a fair amount of luck. Two years earlier, playing an away fixture in Europe, the RAF would have been annihilated. Naval supremacy wasn't exactly a foregone conclusion, and, as the BEF proved two years later, the British army was no match for the German one (and apart from the Soviets, who were about to sign a treaty with Hitler anyway, the British Army was the best of the rest by a long shot).
The only question really is, did Chamberlain make a vital decision that saved Britain by luck or accident, or did he deserve more credit than he generally got (I'm in the first camp).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here