Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86 Points will be enough

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
What I meant about other teams playing for more then Huddersfield is that Huddersfield have already almost guaranteed the play offs but more than half the teams they are playing (actually their next 5 fixtures) are fighting for playoffs or avoiding relegation. It won't be easy for them to even get to 86 points.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If the chase is still mathematically on then the chase is still very much on.

That Fat Lady had best be prepared for wallowing in a tepid bath for a couple of weeks yet.

Disagree. There comes a point when chasing can be detrimental to playoff chances. There has to come a time when the manager wants to protect players for the playoffs.

It depends on how Wagner wants to play it but if the roles were reversed with 4 or 5 games to go I reckon Hughton would be thinking of resting players and getting ready for the 3 big games.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I'm not in any way a fan of either discussing permutations or this generally very premature chat about how we're basically up already.......HOWEVER... despite being under the impression that Hudds and Reading had good run-ins, I've just had a look and there are some tough games for them. The same can obviously be said of us - I'm not particularly looking forward to any of our remaining away games and who knows if we might cock up in one of the home games. The big difference is obviously that the chasing pack can hardly afford to drop many more points.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
fishy.png

I got this from fishy predictor (without entering any predictions)..... but this scuppers the 86 points prediction slightly but not too far off.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
fishy2.png

Second go....seems fairly random but all good for us!

(BTW just had a third go and places 3rd to 6th had between 76 to 79 points only so we'd already be up now)

4th go 83 points 3rd place

5th go 89 for Huddersfield (4th only 80 points)

6th go 89 for Hudds again (4th 82)

7th go 83 for Leeds and Hudds in 4th

8th go 84 for Sheff Wed (somehow) and Hudds on the same in 4th

(trying to keep going until we get overtaken...hasn't happened yet)

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It might be. It might not.

Again, it might be. It might not.

Newcastle can get max 102 points
Albion can get max 101 points
Huddersfield can get max 95 points
Leeds can get max 90 points
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fulham can get max 75 points

Until Albion's point total is greater than the potential point total of two of Newcastle, Huddersfield and Leeds we can't assume anything esp given that we've looked far from convincing recently.

Fate-tempting threads. Sheesh. :mad:

Either way, another win tomorrow and it's a step closer.

85 points

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
9th go 84 Hudds in third

10th go WE GOT BEAT BY LEEDS on 87 points Brighton on 86 Hudds on 82

SO possibly we have 10% chance of missing out MAYBE...

got bored and had another go and we still went up on just 85 points on goal difference to Hudds:

Newcastle
+45
Brighton
+24
Huddersfield
+3

12th 85 for Reading in third
13th 81 for Reading in third
14th 84 for Hudds in third
15th GOT BEAT BY HUDDS on 89, Brighton on 88

Just looking at all the results it seems 89 is the top for third place....not sure how good the predictor is.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we dont win tommorow night all these bloody threads will soon vanish...

Some getting way too carried away on here.
After each victory, we've got threads asking which PL game we're most looking forward to, and after each loss they're replaced with mass panic and how we're going to balls it up. It's laughable.

If we don't win tomorrow, expect meltdown and some idiot starting a 'Skalak Out' thread :wink:
Wait - are you suggesting that will be you? :lol:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
9th go 84 Hudds in third

10th go WE GOT BEAT BY LEEDS on 87 points Brighton on 86 Hudds on 82

SO possibly we have 10% chance of missing out MAYBE...

got bored and had another go and we still went up on just 85 points on goal difference to Hudds:

Newcastle
+45
Brighton
+24
Huddersfield
+3

12th 85 for Reading in third
13th 81 for Reading in third
14th 84 for Hudds in third
15th GOT BEAT BY HUDDS on 89, Brighton on 88

Just looking at all the results it seems 89 is the top for third place....not sure how good the predictor is.

What exactly did you go down for in 2008 :ohmy:

And when did you get out :moo:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Someone's "don't shout too soon" is just another person's belief, it's not wrong it's different.
Of course, but they're are unwritten rules. Don't, for example, start the match day thread tomorrow. If you don't believe our fate is somewhat influenced by the gods, then you're a little dead inside.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Disagree. There comes a point when chasing can be detrimental to playoff chances. There has to come a time when the manager wants to protect players for the playoffs.

It depends on how Wagner wants to play it but if the roles were reversed with 4 or 5 games to go I reckon Hughton would be thinking of resting players and getting ready for the 3 big games.
I do accept the idea of resting players, but you can still win games when you do that. Anyone that comes in for Huddersfield will want to impress and keep their place. Their reserves drew with Man City (and it wasn't a bad City side).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It
I do accept the idea of resting players, but you can still win games when you do that. Anyone that comes in for Huddersfield will want to impress and keep their place. Their reserves drew with Man City (and it wasn't a bad City side).
Indeed. Hudds have rotated players all season. Mostly it's been effective enough although resting both Kachunga and Wells on Saturday probably cost them 3 points. Wagner wont change over the next 8 games.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It
Indeed. Hudds have rotated players all season. Mostly it's been effective enough although resting both Kachunga and Wells on Saturday probably cost them 3 points. Wagner wont change over the next 8 games.

He will as brown and Palmer are back in under two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
88 is the magic number

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think we have enough already

"Let's go F*****g mental lalalala la." On the pitch on the pitch on the pitch.

Time for another beer.... no sod it. Let's open the champagne

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think we have enough already

"Let's go F*****g mental lalalala la." On the pitch on the pitch on the pitch.

Time for another beer.... no sod it. Let's open the champagne

:rock::flameboun:albion2::drink::ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here