Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Mr Barber is ......

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
You had to queue for something you love to do , this is an outrage!!!! I dont queue for anything I expect to be served straight away or I just dont bother! ! Dont people know who I am?!?!?! And if its a new system yhe club should spend money close season and engineer simulationss of these new modern ideas and pay professional shoppers to queue so us the paying customer doesn't have to, its an outrage and damn right liberty!!!!!! Barber out!!!!!!
Yes, that's all fair enough - but not everyone thinks like you. I accept that you and people like you will go and watch Brighton come hell or high water; you will pay any price and accept any inconvenience because you love the Albion. Fair play to you. But unless you want the Albion crowds to diminish to just the hardcore you need to be more sympathetic.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But, surely, we are PLR!?

Err, no...

So it's not just the first team squad that is falling well short of the required standard then...

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
What a naive and ridiculous post, yes of course the system should be tested prior to unleashing onto customers. This is standard practice in any customer facing organisation and fans should not expect to be doing the clubs testing in a live match day environment.

Its new, it went wrong, if club thought it would go wrong im sure they would have made precautions, it ended okay.....im ridiculous? ??

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Its new, it went wrong, if club thought it would go wrong im sure they would have made precautions, it ended okay.....im ridiculous? ??

Yes, you clearly have no idea how a new system should be implemented... nor do the Albion, it seems...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

The tickets were not sent out until the last minute that alone is not acceptable, the club then have also messed up by failing to activate a significant number of those that is another mistake. Off the back of this you would expect them moving heaven and earth to correct their two failures but the solution was a long queue managed by unfriendly stewards and fronted by staff who struggled to correct the issues being faced.

That may sit well with you but can you honestly not see why that would somewhat annoy people especially given many ordered and paid for these tickets months ago?

Foe what's its worth I think the club shop and parking yesterday were much improved but the situation these people faced with ticketing was both unavoidable and unacceptable and the club should acknowledge that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, as Hawk mentioned - email the club about it. Complaining about it (and yes you are complaining otherwise you wouldn't have made a thread about it) here will change nothing.

This is a chat room. People are perfectly entitled to raise issues for general discussion.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
You had to queue for something you love to do , this is an outrage!!!! I dont queue for anything I expect to be served straight away or I just dont bother! ! Dont people know who I am?!?!?! And if its a new system yhe club should spend money close season and engineer simulationss of these new modern ideas and pay professional shoppers to queue so us the paying customer doesn't have to, its an outrage and damn right liberty!!!!!! Barber out!!!!!!

The complaints come from the fact that the majority of people in the queue were only queuing because the club had failed to deliver on their obligation to deliver season tickets in time for the opening game of the season. ****.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This does seem like a rather unnecessary own goal from the club. I'm certainly not aware of an benefits of the "upgrade" but this seemed like a catastrophic failing.

If we do truly want to assess fans as customers, then the provider of the product needs to change as well. Yesterday, day 1 of a new season, is the equivalent of a product launch, and it's really not gone well.

It's all very well being blind to the needs of reaching a wider audience than those who will just turn up regardless, but if we want to maintain crowds of 25k plus, then we must deliver to the wider audience. The story of the OP, and certainly the 84 year old gent are ones the club should be looking in to. If we are the club we think we are charging the customers the prices we are, then we need the good business sense to have a friendly, chatty apologetic marketing person dealing with the queue, maybe handing out vouchers for the club shop, rather than a throwback to the 1980's barking orders at fans.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
The complaints come from the fact that the majority of people in the queue were only queuing because the club had failed to deliver on their obligation to deliver season tickets in time for the opening game of the season. ****.

I know there was an issue but its constant! I come on here for transfer gossip, other fans opinions on the game amd some banter but the board seems to be clogged up with "what are the club doing for me?!" , "train queues","food queues","I dont want to spend 30p extra for a pie and pint but bloom should spend more millions" or "I have watched one game, sack the board, manager and Barber" its just constant whinging and whining about something or anything that isn't football!!! Things have been a lot worse and now after years we are going in the right direction, okay maybe thia wasnt the best thread to voice my opinions because there was an issue but it got sorted ! I remember queuing about 3 hours+ outside the gGoldstone for tickets to anfield when we played the in the cup (2-2 small and byrne) but thats because I wanted to go!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I was hoping this place would draw me in more once the season started. Maybe it'll draw me in more when we win a game. Maybe the whingeing has become such a habit that a big win won't even be worthy of positive comment.

5hit happens - if you want to change things contact the club. If you want to whinge instead then you can do so on here, but then don't complain if nothing changes.

Yes - it was a disappointing start. Yes - things have changed a bit and change makes people feel uncomfortable. Yes - the constant tirade of whinges and arguments and disagreements and distrust and disharmony is getting very, very boring.

Time for a break.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know there was an issue but its constant! I come on here for transfer gossip, other fans opinions on the game amd some banter but the board seems to be clogged up with "what are the club doing for me?!" , "train queues","food queues","I dont want to spend 30p extra for a pie and pint but bloom should spend more millions" or "I have watched one game, sack the board, manager and Barber" its just constant whinging and whining about something or anything that isn't football!!! Things have been a lot worse and now after years we are going in the right direction, okay maybe thia wasnt the best thread to voice my opinions because there was an issue but it got sorted ! I remember queuing about 3 hours+ outside the gGoldstone for tickets to anfield when we played the in the cup (2-2 small and byrne) but thats because I wanted to go!

It's not though, is it? NSC is a large and valuable cross-section of the Albion's customer base. Those that aren't on NSC probably just go home and grumble to themselves and accept that their Match Day Experience is what it is. NSC provides the club with extremely valuable instant feedback on what they're doing right, and where they need to improve. Very much doubt there is a single more important source of such feedback available to the club. IMHO, like.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
the get there early to check if the card has problems part.. is fair enough, but when you have complied with the request not to travel by car and are on a coach, then you have no power to turn up early to sort. poor show from the club on the card fiasco imho.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The tickets were not sent out until the last minute that alone is not acceptable, the club then have also messed up by failing to activate a significant number of those that is another mistake. Off the back of this you would expect them moving heaven and earth to correct their two failures but the solution was a long queue managed by unfriendly stewards and fronted by staff who struggled to correct the issues being faced.

This, totally. Tickets could all have been sent out months ago, and any individual issues sorted out weeks ago. That a crappy queue had to exist at all on the day of the first match of the season is an admission that the club is going into meltdown mode. You can guarantee that any individual trapped in that crappy queue will now have a negative perception of the club. How on earth did it come down to this? somebody at the club needs to get a grip before a huge chunk of the customer base just throws their hands up and walks away. As an organisation you just don't treat your valued customers in this way if you want to retain any credibility or profitability, unless you think you've got them over a barrel. The railways might be in that enviable commercial position, but the Albion sure as hell are not.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
the get there early to check if the card has problems part.. is fair enough, but when you have complied with the request not to travel by car and are on a coach, then you have no power to turn up early to sort. poor show from the club on the card fiasco imho.

No one can argue with that.

If I was running the business there would be a few people answering serious questions over this. It appears to happen too often with the club. Back in the day when often there was hardly any time to distribute tickets, due to cup replays been the following week etc and without the aid of the computer systems or indeed anywhere near the staff there didn't appear to the same issues.

I fail to understand why the club take their time in sending out tickets, it happens all the time. It leads to pissed off fans who clog up the phone lines attempting to get the right answers.

Real poor show.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I was hoping this place would draw me in more once the season started. Maybe it'll draw me in more when we win a game. Maybe the whingeing has become such a habit that a big win won't even be worthy of positive comment.

5hit happens - if you want to change things contact the club. If you want to whinge instead then you can do so on here, but then don't complain if nothing changes.

Yes - it was a disappointing start. Yes - things have changed a bit and change makes people feel uncomfortable. Yes - the constant tirade of whinges and arguments and disagreements and distrust and disharmony is getting very, very boring.

Time for a break.
*Sigh* Yet another one who has missed the point.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Why anybody should have to miss any part of an event they have paid to see because of the errors of the event organiser is beyond me. Surely this could have been foreseen and maybe the steward at the turnstiles could have overridden the system to let people through who had proof they had paid for their seat.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not really for me to say as I cannot go to matches (wish I could ) but the last time I went to an event and could not get in on time (or actually at all) as I had paid for the tickets with a card I just rang them and asked for my money back and got it.
now I know once you have got there and want to go in which I understand you want to watch your team, but if you have not got tickets some days before the event then it might be worth missing that one event demanding your money back.
it does seem to me once the club have the money thats it you can go **** yourself.
bad club

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here