Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A peep at Utd forums tonight.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Can anyone really see United in the top 4 at the end of the season? They were dire, abject. Top 10 if they buck their ideas up, perhaps.

Thought the Albion were very good - it was nice to watch from on my sofa rather than from behind it.

Looking forward to my first Amex trip of the season v Fulham......and expecting a tougher game!

5th or 6th... higher only if they deal with the 2 corrosive egos currently damaging their squad. Pogba and Mourinho both need a reality check.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Let’s talk about Fred is what they should be saying, bottled the midfield battles I’m not sure he would of ever played for a Hughton side again with that weak performance.
He was absolutely awful. Bailey's mistakes were highlighted but he was equally shit.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I guess you had to be there yesterday. :glare:

too many beers , i meant to say we were n't at our footballing best (we have played better football) but to say what he/she said is nonsense. Maybe he/she was slightly unfit to post at the time (like me). IF playing the game like we did yesterday wins games I am all for it. We were so competitive. It will be interesting to see what we do with Izquierdo and AJ etc who have good skills but might not be as forceful. time will tell.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All the internet forums for the big clubs are full of people who appear to have a mental age of about 13 (if not an actual age). Which is tremendous fun when they lose, but also totally unrepresentative of the actual fans (see also: Ranting Youtubers, Twitter hashtag people). I've known several proper fans of the bigger clubs and only one of them has been a dick in real life (he supported Arsenal).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can anyone really see United in the top 4 at the end of the season?

Yes because they're better than Arsenal, will probably do better than Chelsea and have money to buy whoever the hell they want come January. This is all doubly so if they do get Zidane as seems to be the current thinking.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I like it how they and the media keep going on about how bad Manure are, player for player that side should have outplayed us even with their star players not on form. The credit should go to Brighton for making them look poor. No Manure player turned up yesterday not giving a toss about about winning the game, but after 5 mins they realized the little old Brighton were not going laydown and hand them the 3 points, but infact Brighton were going to give them a game. As soon as we started pressing them they could not cope with us.

Must say though a back 4 that cost over 100 million pound, I would of hoped for a better display then that. Murray made them look like sloths on Prozac.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Let’s talk about Fred is what they should be saying, bottled the midfield battles I’m not sure he would of ever played for a Hughton side again with that weak performance.

I thought fred was the best united player, kept the ball moving and very comfortable on the ball, although CHs tactics of shutting down pogba gave him more time and space.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
5th or 6th... higher only if they deal with the 2 corrosive egos currently damaging their squad. Pogba and Mourinho both need a reality check.

Out of interest, why Pogba? He was very humble after the game and said they deserved to lose, Brighton's players wanted it more etc.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Anyone got a gif of his airshot over by the West Stand touchline?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He was absolutely awful. Bailey's mistakes were highlighted but he was equally shit.

Yep. I've always considered 'Fred' overrated shite. Yesterday simply confirmed that. When I read Utd had paid 60 mil for this waste of space, it was a wtf moment for me. Happily, not our problem of course.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
too many beers , i meant to say we were n't at our footballing best (we have played better football) but to say what he/she said is nonsense. Maybe he/she was slightly unfit to post at the time (like me). IF playing the game like we did yesterday wins games I am all for it. We were so competitive. It will be interesting to see what we do with Izquierdo and AJ etc who have good skills but might not be as forceful. time will tell.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist. I had far too much red wine last night. I guessed you didn't mean it. :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yep. I've always considered 'Fred' overrated shite. Yesterday simply confirmed that. When I read Utd had paid 60 mil for this waste of space, it was a wtf moment for me. Happily, not our problem of course.
I was the same. My son told me they were signing him and I said "but he's shit!" and he laughed and said "I know!".

Lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away and made stupid mistakes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That quote from Peter Brackley came to mind yesterday. “Pogba, plays like a world beater for France but like a panel beater for United”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here