Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ignore feature on here

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Aside from ignoring the posts of anyone on your ignore list, can this feature be extended so that when logged in you don't even see the thread title or any trace of anything started by someone you're ignoring?

I realise all you have to do is not open the threads in question, but even just seeing the threads listed on the main page is bad enough.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Aside from ignoring the posts of anyone on your ignore list, can this feature be extended so that when logged in you don't even see the thread title or any trace of anything started by someone you're ignoring?

I realise all you have to do is not open the threads in question, but even just seeing the threads listed on the main page is bad enough.

As a mod I have never had anyone on ignore, sadly my knowledge is not great on this subject, but I thought if you had someone on ignoreit prevents you from seeing anything that individual has put, even starting a thread? maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can answer you later on, sorry I cant be of more help.........though if the person is banned no one can ever see anything the person puts! :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As a mod I have never had anyone on ignore, sadly my knowledge is not great on this subject, but I thought if you had someone on ignoreit prevents you from seeing anything that individual has put, even starting a thread? maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can answer you later on, sorry I cant be of more help.........though if the person is banned no one can ever see anything the person puts! :lol:

Or maybe the person concerned could be banned from starting threads?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'd love it to also ignore post quotes. It's all very well ignoring the person but when they are quoted so often, primarily as they write so much rubbish, ignore is not a good solution.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

For years I was determined never to put anyone on ignore. I held to that until a year or two ago when I could take no more of one particular poster. I've never regretted that decision and have no intention of going back on it. I've never felt the need to ignore anyone else.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Does it? It doesn't work on Tapatalk. Maybe time for me to use the mobile version of NSC then? Like [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] I've only ever ignored one poster but that may be two given the recent performance of HBB.

Ah, I don't used Tapatalk as I'm usually on my pc or ipad.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Why is everyone so precious these days???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Grow up would be a better thing to do:glare:

But he won't, hence my need to hit ignore :thumbsup:

I'm not a member of the easily offended brigade and don't mind people who I generally don't agree with. Just being unable to tolerate one out of all the diverse lot on here ain't too bad I reckon.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But he won't, hence my need to hit ignore :thumbsup:

I'm not a member of the easily offended brigade and don't mind people who I generally don't agree with. Just being unable to tolerate one out of all the diverse lot on here ain't too bad I reckon.

Was he born in Hove? :D

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For years I was determined never to put anyone on ignore. I held to that until a year or two ago when I could take no more of one particular poster. I've never regretted that decision and have no intention of going back on it. I've never felt the need to ignore anyone else.

It's incredibly liberating isn't it ? I think I only have " He Who Shan't Be Named " and Das Reich on ignore but its blooming marvellous not to be assaulted by drivel !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Crikey, Timmy must be on overload, he has started another pointless Look At Me Thread at 11.14.... poor lad needs help.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here