Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] 'NSC Page Unresponsive'

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When I'm logged in. Last time I posted in this thread in played in here, on the main page, and in the Film2018 thread.

Where on the page though? There should only be 3 ads on a page when you're logged in, the top central banner and two more well below most of the page content. They're not even video "shaped".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Using Safari on my IPad & tried to scroll up a few moments ago, and a full page ad for Aladdinthemusical, took over.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
particular dodgy ad is for Fritolay Lays Classic Potato Chips

This. Ad doesn't even load properly in the dreaded Microsoft Edge browser and kills any kind of response. Really is tough going using the site at the moment. Type in a word and watch the letters of that word come up on the screen individually, a couple of seconds apart. Sake!

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
I have had to stop using Chrome to view NSC. Couldn't get past the home page without it going unresponsive. Was logged in automatically.
If I did get into specific pages, I didn't see any adverts that were stalling anything, however there was an audio of 'your computer has a virus' which was playing once or twice.

Now using Safari and no issue so far.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Mcafee saying unsafe using chrome

Using edge fraud alerts and weird music

Seems the site has been hacked or something?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
This. Ad doesn't even load properly in the dreaded Microsoft Edge browser and kills any kind of response. Really is tough going using the site at the moment. Type in a word and watch the letters of that word come up on the screen individually, a couple of seconds apart. Sake!

Yes, like using an old typesetting machine, but it's an on and off problem, all OK today (so far)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Here's something to make you laugh, or not.....
Trying Comodo dragon now. Totally blink based like most Chrome type browsers, but no issues. Everything runs fine and quite speedy too. In fact, I could probably get away with saying this is the browser I've been missing since FF started.
Trying ice dragon as well, which looks and feels exactly the same.
Having a go with Pale Moon which seems ok and Falcon.....but who the hell would associate themselves with a raptor????

MX5, Basilisk and sea monkey are some that just didn't seem to feel right, so they're out

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] but NSC is currently unfit for purpose. Has been horribly compromised by one of the myriad shitty ads.

Rip it up and start again?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
sorry to add to the list, but it's totally ****** on my laptop using chrome. Have moved to IE for the first time in years to post this.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Still occurring for me too, pages just stop responding, refresh the page....same result.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Update....refreshed again, got 3 seconds of audio, something about Hay Fever sufferers and then froze again!!

page unresponsive.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Where on the page though? There should only be 3 ads on a page when you're logged in, the top central banner and two more well below most of the page content. They're not even video "shaped".

To be honest, I assumed it was a video. I have an instinctive reaction of closing the tab anytime an unexpected video/audio starts, so it may have just been an audio? Hasn't happened in a while. But then, neither had the unresponsive thing and that has just really kicked in while I tried to write this reply.

I also got this while on the 'There's Something About Glenn Murry' thread:

35d3095f34.jpeg

Had to click cancel three times before it finally disappeared. Not sure what adds were on the page. Again, I don't like leaving tabs open when unexpected things happen.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
NSC performance issues linked to foreign hacker.

image.jpg

"Now this is the really fun bit. Look, I'm signed in as Tom Hark Preston Park."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here