Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Cup final against Huddersfield?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
It is not a must win game. The only thing that truly matters this coming saturday that we are 12th, 13th, and 14th man. The atmosphere quite literally needs to drip from the stands.

This is where I tend to disagree with people, what with it being so tight down there, until we've played 38 games, surely points on the board are more important than where we are in the table?

el punal

Win = safe
Lose = relegated

No pressure.

Change that ever so slightly - win and we're almost safe, lose and we'll probably be in the relegation mix but, and a big but, the teams that are really struggling West Brom, Stoke and Southampton will still have to overcome our 6 point (+) cushion, and, with games running out. Squeaky bum time is upon us.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Huddersfield have not scored at all in their last four games, but neither have we in the last three! 0-0 beckons unless we can finish for once.

Interestingly, Izzy is quoted as accepting that he needs to look up rather more and not go for glory, perhaps understandable as that is. Am I alone in that I expected rather more from in the way of speed from Locadia on Saturday -Morgan and Maguire are doubtless good defenders but speed would have beaten them. Let's hope for Saturday that we see real pace going forward, which also gets the crowd going.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Change that ever so slightly - win and we're almost safe, lose and we'll probably be in the relegation mix but, and a big but, the teams that are really struggling West Brom, Stoke and Southampton will still have to overcome our 6 point (+) cushion, and, with games running out. Squeaky bum time is upon us.
I believe 37 (possibly as low as 35) will be enough this year so I would regard us as OK if we get the win. If we don't then it will be pressure on - I'd still back us though

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Interestingly, Izzy is quoted as accepting that he needs to look up rather more and not go for glory, perhaps understandable as that is. Am I alone in that I expected rather more from in the way of speed from Locadia on Saturday -Morgan and Maguire are doubtless good defenders but speed would have beaten them. Let's hope for Saturday that we see real pace going forward, which also gets the crowd going.

I thought Leicester defence was very good , yet we still created chances , we just need to take the opportunities that come along

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH believes that we need 4 more points for safety. We never do things the simple way it is not in our make up. The team need to up their rate, the supporters need to up the support for them andf CH needs to get his substitutions right at thje right time. TOGETHER we can do it.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Atmosphere and performance like Wednesday play off 1st half with added goals for us !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We never do things the simple way it is not in our make up. it.

Why do people say this ?
Albion can and they often do.
Promotion in 2011 and 2017 with games to spare. Avoiding relegation in 2015 with several games to go. Play off place in 2013 secured with several games to go. And more than likely 2018...

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
CH believes that we need 4 more points for safety. We never do things the simple way it is not in our make up. The team need to up their rate, the supporters need to up the support for them andf CH needs to get his substitutions right at thje right time. TOGETHER we can do it.

Where did he say that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here