Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think our support coped with atrocious home form over an extended period of time remarkably well, in all honesty. We were utterly useless at Selhurst for an awfully long time and it still took month after month of negative results for the first boos to start ringing out. Pardew was given an enormous amount of time by the fans and led us on a run of something like 2 wins in 20-odd games and only at the very end did things start to turn sour.

Awww... bless!

If Zaha is out, then look forward to another 'challenging' period for the 'fantastic' fans you have...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bet you lot didn't have the same snotty attitude towards other clubs facilities back in those days... You lot are like an old Moulsecoomb council house hag that has somehow managed to marry a wealth lord and has turned all high and mighty.

I can remember being jealous of most other clubs facilities when we were stuck at that shithole athletics track for 12 years. The sheer novelty and luxury of a ROOF was an absolute joy to behold. So it makes us appreciate what we have now even more than most, having had the worst stadium in the League for so long.

I haven't got a snotty attitude towards other clubs facilities. I'm a massive fan of some of the old school stadiums, and would count Craven Cottage, Portman Road and London Road as some of my absolute favourites. I'm afraid I do have a really snotty attitude towards Selhurst though, because its a dismal, dilapidated, outdated shithole of a ground that has had next to no investment in it despite your mob having been wallowing in the PL millions for the last 5 years. And you try to peddle this laughable myth that its a seething deafening cauldron of atmosphere, when the reality is you've just got some tragic teenaged balaclava oiks in a corner with some banners and a drum, and you still need goal music to wake everyone up.

Embarrassing.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
You seriously need to sort out your page settings. This thread is at 5 pages, for those CORRECTLY set to 40 per page.

You would think that being an Inbred Pikey he would have 12 posts per page, one for each finger

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think our support coped with atrocious home form over an extended period of time remarkably well, in all honesty. We were utterly useless at Selhurst for an awfully long time and it still took month after month of negative results for the first boos to start ringing out. Pardew was given an enormous amount of time by the fans and led us on a run of something like 2 wins in 20-odd games and only at the very end did things start to turn sour.

Throat slitting gestures, attempted fisticuffs with the players?

In nearly 50 years of watching the Albion, I've never seen our support do that over football.
Now, stealing our ground, and trying to put us out of business, thats a different matter, and, it wasn't against the players, either.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Throat slitting gestures, attempted fisticuffs with the players?

In nearly 50 years of watching the Albion, I've never seen our support do that over football.
Now, stealing our ground, and trying to put us out of business, thats a different matter, and, it wasn't against the players, either.
JCL

Did you go to the 4-4 with Orient ?

Did you go to Bournemouth away in the cup ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Meanwhile...

bhafc-official-opening-07.jpg
That must be really irksome for the Croydon lot. So many years of fakery, taking the piss big time while we were at Withdean and now they have to try and belittle real investment in real infrastructure by a real fan. A really, really, really Wealthy fan. The jealousy is magnificent. No matter how hard they try, they simply cannot dispute the gulf between the two clubs now. Tony Bloom does. The Palace board do Bill Archer bullshit. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Bet you lot didn't have the same snotty attitude towards other clubs facilities back in those days... You lot are like an old Moulsecoomb council house hag that has somehow managed to marry a wealth lord and has turned all high and mighty.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ace-premier-league-success-story-steve-parish

The level of detail you and your fellow seagull fan have gone into here is a little creepy I must say. I suppose we can argue the definition of huge. If you have time, i'm guessing you do, you can have a little look at this article where Steve Talks about investment.

You may also find it useful to know that on computers these days you can have more than one tab/screen open at any one time. So unfortunately your intimation that I have been sitting on NSC for 2.5 hours is a little naive.

You get us wrong. Yes, we do despise your club and everything that it stands for, but (whisper it quietly) had we been born where you were born, we'd be supporting them.

What I am saying is not 'Boo! Your club's facilities are rubbish and ours are great. What I am saying is that you Palace fans are being let down by the latest in a long line of fly by night owners who either do not have the best interests of your and your children's football club as their top priority, or are too incompetent to protect them.

The level of detail (In this case Googling one statement and pasting links to two responses) is what matters. Detail is what Pauls Samrah and Whelch were paying attention to when they found the unmentioned amendments that had been made to the articles of association of our club. Attention to detail played an important part in preventing our club's complete demise.

The Guardian article generalises and would include the figure that Parish has spent to buy the training ground. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that this was the only part of his total figure that had been invested in the training ground. Luckily, I don't need to know that. You do though. You need to have someone among your fans who is not becalmed by the bread and circuses of large transfer fees and big name signings. You need to have someone who is asking 'but what about 10 years from now? What about 20 years? What about Palace for my grandkids?'

We have not turned 'all high and mighty' having got lucky with wealth. If you want to expand upon CPFC G's snobbish and sexist metaphor, we are the working class girls who were exploited, fought back and eventually got a stroke of fortune and we are simply saying to you 'Don't let the flash clobber fool you, he could be a wrong un.'

Just because you support Crystal Palace does not mean that you have to defend every decision made by the people running it.

Now, I'll get back to loathing everything about your team. It's your responsibility to make sure that there will always be something there for me to despise. What would Southampton have done if Portsmouth had actually gone under? Nobody wants to be rivals with Bournemouth.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You get us wrong. Yes, we do despise your club and everything that it stands for, but (whisper it quietly) had we been born where you were born, we'd be supporting them.

What I am saying is not 'Boo! Your club's facilities are rubbish and ours are great. What I am saying is that you Palace fans are being let down by the latest in a long line of fly by night owners who either do not have the best interests of your and your children's football club as their top priority, or are too incompetent to protect them.

The level of detail (In this case Googling one statement and pasting links to two responses) is what matters. Detail is what Pauls Samrah and Whelch were paying attention to when they found the unmentioned amendments that had been made to the articles of association of our club. Attention to detail played an important part in preventing our club's complete demise.

The Guardian article generalises and would include the figure that Parish has spent to buy the training ground. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that this was the only part of his total figure that had been invested in the training ground. Luckily, I don't need to know that. You do though. You need to have someone among your fans who is not becalmed by the bread and circuses of large transfer fees and big name signings. You need to have someone who is asking 'but what about 10 years from now? What about 20 years? What about Palace for my grandkids?'

We have not turned 'all high and mighty' having got lucky with wealth. If you want to expand upon CPFC G's snobbish and sexist metaphor, we are the working class girls who were exploited, fought back and eventually got a stroke of fortune and we are simply saying to you 'Don't let the flash clobber fool you, he could be a wrong un.'

Just because you support Crystal Palace does not mean that you have to defend every decision made by the people running it.

Now, I'll get back to loathing everything about your team. It's your responsibility to make sure that there will always be something there for me to despise. What would Southampton have done if Portsmouth had actually gone under? Nobody wants to be rivals with Bournemouth.

Post of the month:bowdown:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You inbreds seem to ignore the fact that the man in charge has family history with our club. The jealousy is unbelievably good. We have a man in charge who is a die hard fan. Is wealthy beyond most people's dreams. Has invested in magnificent facilities for fans, players, media, etc. Even tw@ts from your club. Meanwhile you have Shitehurst. That must REALLY piss you lot off no matter how much you try and brush it all off.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is brilliant stuff. First [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION] claims:-

Training ground has been hugely invested in ....

[MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] calls him out, asking for evidence (aside from the £2.3million purchase of the ground). And that evidence is....

An article from September 2015, over two years ago, where Steve Parish says:-

We’ve spent probably in the region of £10m of capital expenditure on the stadium, on the training ground, the infrastructure, the pitch, the pitches at the training ground; all stuff that is going to stand us in good stead long term.

So, after taking out the £2.3million to purchase the training ground, less than £8million has been spent on the stadium, pitch, infrastructure and training ground pitches ALL TOGETHER. With all that Premier League income. Over 4 full seasons. Plus this season.

No wonder [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION] says

I suppose we can argue the definition of huge.

It looks like [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION]'s definition of huge would equate to "a minuscule amount" in layman's terms.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is brilliant stuff. First [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION] claims:-

[MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] calls him out, asking for evidence (aside from the £2.3million purchase of the ground). And that evidence is....

An article from September 2015, over two years ago, where Steve Parish says:-

So, after taking out the £2.3million to purchase the training ground, less than £8million has been spent on the stadium, pitch, infrastructure and training ground pitches ALL TOGETHER. With all that Premier League income. Over 4 full seasons. Plus this season.

No wonder [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION] says

It looks like [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION]'s definition of huge would equate to "a minuscule amount" in layman's terms.

Didnt we spend £5 million in the clise season to upgrade the Amex floodlights and media facilities for the PL?
That's on top of everything thing else Mr Blooms millions have bought, 8million for all infrastructure seems a bit light to me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Heard a few rumours that Winnie isn’t actually injured and the fake injury is a direction from the FA that he’s banned for 8 games for 3 seperate simulation offences but they didn’t want to make a public show of him as a cheat as last time Harry the hornet did it, wannabe South London gangster Winifred cried on telly and had a tantrum..?

Anyone else heard this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll hazard a guess for every £1 he suggests the actual figure is 10p.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cool pic bro. Seen this one? ]

Wow that pic looks so, so old now...

You seen this one? It’s our ressies smashing your first team in a huge cup fixture FYI :lol: Oh and that’s the striker you stupidly let go to us who fired us into the prem without penalty’s every game and is 10x better than any striker you have on your books :thumbsup:
4CA16358-8412-4EA2-89E7-B6E7E4C974D4.jpeg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Heard a few rumours that Winnie isn’t actually injured and the fake injury is a direction from the FA that he’s banned for 8 games for 3 seperate simulation offences but they didn’t want to make a public show of him as a cheat as last time Harry the hornet did it, wannabe South London gangster Winifred cried on telly and had a tantrum..?

Anyone else heard this?
Yes I have .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's bullshit for a start. First game of the season at Home to Huddersfield thousands walked out

Then in the second home game they joined in with Swansea fans who were chanting ''you're getting sacked in the morning''...what was that three/four league matches?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here