Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Too many Middle class people that don't have the albion In their blood . And our vocal section behind the goal rarely sing as one for some reason .

That said its still brilliant.

As for home record . F k knows

D

Deleted member 18477

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29624410

Dortmund have the right idea. What a club.

Why are tickets cheap? Football is part of people's lives and we want to open the doors for all of society. We need the people, they spend their hearts, their emotions with us. They are the club's most important asset."
It is a phrase that many clubs use, but two stories demonstrate why it is, perhaps, far more than words here in Dortmund. In recent months, the club's caterers asked them to increase beer prices for the first time in three years. But Dortmund said no.

"What is the economic sense for the club to increase the price by 10 cents?" Cramer added. "For the overall economic success of the club it is not important to increase the price of a litre of a beer. It is still money, but not a lot to the club. But it does affect our fans, if they are spending their money match after match."

When I was young, we all watched English football, the Kop and said 'yes, that is what football is all about'," he says.
"Now, when we go to English football, the stadiums are quiet and we say that it is actually quite boring. If you price people out, you change the atmosphere. If you price people out, it isn't the people's game anymore."

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Too many Middle class people that don't have the albion In their blood . And our vocal section behind the goal rarely sing as one for some reason .

That said its still brilliant.

As for home record . F k knows

"Too many middle class people". Inverted snobbery at it's best. Just what we need is 'fans' like you turning on fellow Albion fans

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Far to corperate and far to friendly?
Probably why we have been so average in over 3 seasons at home although tactics may play a part in that im aware of.

Just seems odd that we get very good crowds and a good atmosphere compared to other grounds,yet really struggle at home season after season.

How many midweek games have we won?
Have we ever won 2/3 home games on the spin?

It seems that we're guaranteed to not win at home in midweek no matter who we play,bloody shocking:censored:

In the three seasons we've been at the Amex we've averaged two play-off campaigns out of three, if those averages are not up to your liking may I suggest you take up a ST at the Ethiad or Old Trafford. Agreed it's not firing on all cylinders at the moment, but if we don't make the playoffs this season, we'll still have a 50% record of doing so in the four seasons we've been here. There's plenty of teams in this division who've not made a single playoff campaign in the past four years, it's not a god given right.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The whole Amex day. Out is rapidly starting to get on my tits,local beers for away fans,soft coloured lighting in the away end,**** that,give the twats warm lager and a shitty old Luke warm pies.
That's the spirit. How dare supporters from other clubs come into our ground only to get treated like welcome customers - anyone would think this was the twenty-first century! Rough 'em up a bit and with luck they, and their filthy northern money, will never come back.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think we should put the away fans next to the North where the family stand is. Will get the whole of the North going that way...

Seriously this, and put the family stand in the south, and get them singing. That way we have "friendlies" behind both goals

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I would very much like to be treated by other clubs when I pay a lot of money, travel a long and expensive way and face a long and tiring journey home, the way we treat away fans.
Over many seasons most of the away sections are shocking.
Treating away fans as customers should make no difference to the performancen on the pitch.
We should be proud of the way we treat away fans. But having said all that when we get very good again and demand for tickets rises then they should be moved to another part of the stadium.
Absolutely :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We did move the away fans to East/SE corner in the second season, but some bedwetters in the library bitched about it so they moved them back.

Jan 30, 2008
Does my head in,remember when West stand fans had to walk all the way round after the Palace shambles in the play-offs?
The whole Amex day. Out is rapidly starting to get on my tits,local beers for away fans,soft coloured lighting in the away end,**** that,give the twats warm lager and a shitty old Luke warm pies.
a lot have already jacked it in , didn't you know???
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Too many Middle class people that don't have the albion In their blood . And our vocal section behind the goal rarely sing as one for some reason

Yeah, nice one. Because it's not possible for someone middle class to have the Albion in their blood, is it?

In the three seasons we've been at the Amex we've averaged two play-off campaigns out of three, if those averages are not up to your liking may I suggest you take up a ST at the Ethiad or Old Trafford. Agreed it's not firing on all cylinders at the moment, but if we don't make the playoffs this season, we'll still have a 50% record of doing so in the four seasons we've been here. There's plenty of teams in this division who've not made a single playoff campaign in the past four years, it's not a god given right.

Top post. Absolutely spot on. Entitled doesn't begin to cover it.

That's the spirit. How dare supporters from other clubs come into our ground only to get treated like welcome customers - anyone would think this was the twenty-first century! Rough 'em up a bit and with luck they, and their filthy northern money, will never come back.

Well said. Stupid attitude.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Far to corperate and far to friendly?
Probably why we have been so average in over 3 seasons at home although tactics may play a part in that im aware of.

Just seems odd that we get very good crowds and a good atmosphere compared to other grounds,yet really struggle at home season after season.

How many midweek games have we won?
Have we ever won 2/3 home games on the spin?

It seems that we're guaranteed to not win at home in midweek no matter who we play,bloody shocking:censored:

You always come across like you've been an Albion fan for a long time., and certainly no JCL. Which makes me wonder how on earth you can say we've struggled at home season after season at the Amex? Think back to the last 15 years at the Goldstone, were we really any better? No, we were pretty dreadful. It makes me laugh when people look back and remember the Goldstone as a cauldron of hate and deafening noise, it wasn't. It was quite good for big games sometimes, but the Amex is god for big games. And the Amex is definitely louder.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

When I first read your post, for some reason I thought the highlighted word said "monkey", and I assumed you were confusing Middlesbrough fans with their Hartlepool counterparts. :blush:

However, I like the mental image of the away fans at the Amex bringing an extremely dirty primate with them, so it is one that I will retain.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Still dont understand why we clap the travelling support when the attendance is read out. I have never been to an away game and been clapped for following the Albion. So why do we do it?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally away fans should be in the east lower area. Allow us to fill both ends of the ground. 2 singing groups at each end would be a good atmosphere especially if we can stand both ends. There are few grounds that are that accommodating to away fans. It should ripple across the west with away fans singing from the East. Most family season tickets are the north end of the East anyway so can not see why its not been done.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Still dont understand why we clap the travelling support when the attendance is read out. I have never been to an away game and been clapped for following the Albion. So why do we do it?

Cringeworthy middle class people who are not your real football fans... Part of the new age type football fans! Wish they would do one tbh, they cause sterile atmosphere's etc!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cringeworthy middle class people who are not your real football fans... Part of the new age type football fans! Wish they would do one tbh, they cause sterile atmosphere's etc!

Then we'd be playing in front of 10,000 people in a 30,000 capacity stadium. Is that really want you want?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yep. Empty seats make loads more noise. What a massively twattish thing to say.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yep. Empty seats make loads more noise. What a massively twattish thing to say.

My opinion, I am old school I'm afraid. I hate the tourist sterile happy clapping arenas that is modern football. Not twattish at all. I imagine a lot of people would agree with me!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Albion fans travel in their thousands to watch the team play away, so clapping away fans at the Amex is really only showing respect to them for paying out and showing the same degree of loyalty that we do. It is also common decency -the majority of away fans will be decent folk, as are Albion fans. Granted, it doesn't happen elsewhere, but that is hardly a reason for us not to do it and I can't go along with the reasoning that it contributes to a poor atmosphere as we are too corporate/middle class, or whatever you want to call it. The 3-0 win against Palace, the first match against Doncaster, the Arsenal cup tie all saw a cracking atmosphere, similar to that of other clubs with our sized fan base. Older fans will remember the atmosphere at the Derby league cup game all those years ago. No, it is the team and the tactics that have to play a large part in exciting the crowd and the atmosphere will crank up accordingly. Under Poyet, the first half was often painfully slow, last year, most of us thought it was rather dull and erm, this year . . . Hit the ground running and the crowd will be with the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here