Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A new Selhurst

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It looks very Nazi-ish with the eagle on the front. Like something from The Man in the High Castle (for those who have seen the series on Amazon Prime)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
cG0GZGW.jpg

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I love that it in the video it looks like the ground is surrounded by acres of parkland and empty spaces, whereas in reality it’s surrounded by slum housing and kebab shops.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's basically Selhurst Park with our West Stand bolted on. Nothing else has changed.

From the outside it's like the bird you've pulled after a night on the lash, she looks fantastic, at least an 8 out of 10. Get inside and the beer googles are off and you realise you've woken up the next morning next to Miranda Hart.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I love that it in the video it looks like the ground is surrounded by acres of parkland and empty spaces, whereas in reality it’s surrounded by slum housing

actually some of the most expensive housing in the UK.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Looks decent, but it does gloss over that the Arthur Waite and Whitehorse Lane stands are not going to change much. They probably didn't have much choice at the time, but selling off the land behind the Whitehorse Lane stand in the 80s really restricts what they can do there.

Looks like they will need to demolish some houses in Wooderson Close to build this new stand. Presumably they have already acquired them or starting work on this next year would not be realistic. I also wonder how relegation would change things.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It looks very Nazi-ish with the eagle on the front. Like something from The Man in the High Castle (for those who have seen the series on Amazon Prime)

You could be on to something there you know, the leading architects are KSS with the centre piece being eagle wings flanking the 41-metre structure.

D

Deleted member 2719

It's basically Selhurst Park with our West Stand bolted on. Nothing else has changed.

From the outside it's like the bird you've pulled after a night on the lash, she looks fantastic, at least an 8 out of 10. Get inside and the beer googles are off and you realise you've woken up the next morning next to Miranda Hart.

What...................... you mean you would not want to do Miranda Hart.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
'New Crystal Palace'

So is that after another administration? The current Crystal Palace is only 7 years old as it is.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Fingers crossed they'll have secure fire doors and proper turnstiles.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I love that it in the video it looks like the ground is surrounded by acres of parkland and empty spaces, whereas in reality it’s surrounded by slum housing and kebab shops.

" slum housing" Hmm slightly snobby.... in fact the houses are , in my opinion lovely Georgian houses and sell for eye watering prices. The whole area is very much on the up and the further Whitehorse lane you get it's getting a pit posh !!

In saying this I think it's a shame all of London is getting gentrification as city's should have a diverse population.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"The existing Main Stand will remain in full operational use throughout the build process, minimising the impact on the stadium capacity in the coming seasons."

So it is just cladding then... and a bolted-on top tier?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here