Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home Form: Worried?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Think you have forgotten we have only played one team at home from the top 6

So ?... those games will be tougher is your point ... we may get stuffed in all of those games I don't know... maybe will get the odd result.

All I know is that bar the Man City game at home we have been more than a match for every side that has come to us.

I'm certainly not worried by our home form though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No as it is simply being balanced out by our away form. When we stop picking up points altogether then it might be a worry.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I made the same point ahead of this game: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?358531-Home-form

This unbeaten home run is all well and good but draws can kill you. If you'd offered Chris Hughton 4 points from Everton, Southampton, Stoke and Palace I doubt he'd have taken them, and nor would I.

We're definitely falling 4 pts below schedule for 40 pts. But only in the Everton match can we say we deserved 3 pts,

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I understand the logic but I think you need to consider the fact we only actually need to win six more games. Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Leicester, West Ham and Huddersfield all still have to come to The Amex, while we have a shot of an away win or two from Huddersfield, Newcastle, West Brom, Southampton, Stoke and Palace.

I actually think draws are good. They show we are competitive and keep our points tally rising. Okay, I accept four in a row at home is not ideal, but the teams that go down tend to be the ones that have long losing runs, not lots of draws, a few wins and a few losses.
Only six more wins and we stay up on 37 points? I wouldn't bet much on that!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It could feasibly be done with just five more wins. Five wins, six draws and 13 defeats gets us to 38 points.
Another 25 draws could theoretically do it. I'm just being realistic.

I was replying to the suggestion that all we needed was another 6 wins. We (realistically) need more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here