Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Sussex become an independent country

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes! It's high time that Sussex, one of the ancient Saxon kingdoms of the Heptarchy became an independent sovereign state again. Hands off our oil Wessex!

Long live the SNP!

(Sussex National Party)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We wouldn't be very high on the FIFA rankings though - somewhere between Azerbaijan and Zimbabwe is my guess

Why on earth would we want to join FIFA?? We could start our own organisation and declare Sussex as champions of the world, a la the world series in baseball.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some sort of border creep then?

In that case I'd push up to Guilford, Redhill, Tonbridge and Tenterden just to create a bit of a buffer.

Obviously the first thing we'll have to do is liberate the Sussex enclaves of Surrey (and possibly parts of Kent and Hampshire as well) where ethnic Sussexians are smarting under a foreign yoke. Vlad can give us some tips.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We are on the front foot here with all the talk talk about land grabs. Whilst I have some sympathy I think we need to establish our new norms before we liberate those living in the dark ages. I suggest we start with a PR system so it's a full democracy. Then we vote on the key policy initiatives. This will include EU membership and wether to join up in a British Union.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We wouldn't be very high on the FIFA rankings though - somewhere between Azerbaijan and Zimbabwe is my guess

I'd imagine we could beat England. Everybody else tends to.

We'd be bigger in size than Iceland, Luxembourg and Estonia.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We are on the front foot here with all the talk talk about land grabs. Whilst I have some sympathy I think we need to establish our new norms before we liberate those living in the dark ages. I suggest we start with a PR system so it's a full democracy. Then we vote on the key policy initiatives. This will include EU membership and wether to join up in a British Union.

Naa, sod all that, let's just go and KILL people!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Disagree about land grabs, Sussex only has a population of 1.5m. We could ask Vlad for "Volunteers" like he has in Ukraine and had in Abkhazia in 1991.

We shouldn't spread north bound, the influence of London has been damaging for our culture and identity, so we must refrain from more influence from those heathens North of Gatwick.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Would your gates remain at 28k after winning the Sussex Prem for the 16th year running over your closest rivals East Preston?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The Isle of Wight was originally a part of Sussex. I've never understood why we've never tried reclaiming it?

The legends holds that the devil was digging a trench to allow the sea to flood the many churches in the Weald of Sussex. The digging disturbed an old woman who lit a candle, or angered a rooster causing it to crow, making the devil believe that the morning was fast approaching. The devil then fled, leaving his trench unfinished. The last shovel of earth he threw over his shoulder fell into the sea, forming the Isle of Wight.

GET IT BACK!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The critical question is will we allow people to wear colanders on their heads when taking their photo for their driving licence?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
As a minimum we should be reclaiming the land we had in 800AD then we can think about expanding if required.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Sussex
Isle of Wight will be our Crimea, it's the same shape and everything else is. The Sandown people's Republic and people's Republic of Ryde have requested support from Sussex to fight against the Fascists in Pompey.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would we (as in the Albion) still be able to/want to compete in the English league structure as per Swansea/Cardiff?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
We've already got our anthem, introduce compulsory Sussex Dialect lessons in schools, we've got vineyards! Let's do it!

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Now we have the oil, let's go it alone! Discuss.

Disagree about land grabs, Sussex only has a population of 1.5m. We could ask Vlad for "Volunteers" like he has in Ukraine and had in Abkhazia in 1991.

We shouldn't spread north bound, the influence of London has been damaging for our culture and identity, so we must refrain from more influence from those heathens North of Gatwick.

Assuming that the oil people are talking about is this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32229203
http://www.theguardian.com/business...field-could-produce-50-to-100m-barrels-of-oil
I should point out that despite that Gatwick Airport is in Sussex and all the talk of Sussex in the Grauniad article, Horse Hill where the drilling site is, is actually in Surrey to the west of Horley. So if there's land grabs to be made, despite [MENTION=23005]GreersElbow[/MENTION]'s suggestion otherwise, that should be the first one to be made. But given the resources at stake, there may be some resistance from the Slurreyites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here