Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Falmer Cup Roll Call **Team NSC**

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Yh, I can still play! Have we decided on Brighton kits then?

Also, I could play a friendly this weekend but not next weekend

Good you can play, and Yep, Blue and white Brighton kits.

Since we are only about 3 weeks away, the only time to organise and play the friendly is around next weekend. I'll talk to other manager when he gets back from his Amex2Paris bike run after this weekend about specific days we can do it.

We are thinking about playing at Brighton Uni's 3g pitches, where the tournament is. Renting for an hour shouldn't be more than about £4 each if each team brings 7-8 a side.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I haven't heard back from The_Real_SussexSeagull123 , so his space is available. If I hear back from him you might not get the space, but he hasn't been online since 1st June. So you might be okay. After this, we have a full team and everyone is ready to go.

We don't have long to organise the friendly, so I'll try to get info on it ASAP about what's going on. But the friendly should take place at Brighton Uni sometime around the 29/30th june.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Im up for it if you still need someone :albion2:

Yep, you got the last place. :)

Blue and white/Brighton shirts for our strip, make sure you've got shin pads.

Also, how are you feeling about a friendly next week against another team before the tournament?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Cheers, all that's sorted. What time would the friendly be?

The other manager is doing the Amex2Paris bike ride, he won't be back until Monday, so I'll speak to him then. But the date should be around next weekend being played at Brighton Uni where the tournament is.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Hmm, doubt i can make the friendly due to work, but i'll see what i can do

As I said, the date isn't fixed yet. It could be after the weekend or before it. I'll come up with some dates with the opposition and ask everyone what they think.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It seems North West Sussex Seagulls are too afraid, and their players don't want to play the might NSC. So no friendly any time next week. I would think about a training session beforehand, but it's probably getting a bit too late now. Unless of course we got enough people wanting to play.

[MENTION=26695]Mowgli37[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21996]Czechmate[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20622]dman777[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27418]Coach_Carter_92[/MENTION]

Matt Joyce

Josh Hedger

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've sustained a bit of a knock (torn ligaments in my shoulder and a trapped nerve!!), so I'm not quite sure I'm going to be able to play in all the matches, but I will give it my best shot. I'm assuming if everyone turns up then there will be a sub, I'm happy to be that sub, or to start then come off as and when. I'm unfit in every possible way, I'm crap at football, but I'm enthusiastic and god loves a tryer!!!! If you guys feel you need to replace me, then I understand entirely, but I am looking forward to it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Is anyone interested in a kick-about on saturday to dust the boots off?

I would do, but the Lewes Match is on Saturday, which I'm going to.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I've sustained a bit of a knock (torn ligaments in my shoulder and a trapped nerve!!), so I'm not quite sure I'm going to be able to play in all the matches, but I will give it my best shot. I'm assuming if everyone turns up then there will be a sub, I'm happy to be that sub, or to start then come off as and when. I'm unfit in every possible way, I'm crap at football, but I'm enthusiastic and god loves a tryer!!!! If you guys feel you need to replace me, then I understand entirely, but I am looking forward to it.

We have 10 players currently up for it. So we have 3 substitution spots. If you don't feel like you can play for most of the games, then that's fine, we've got a good sized squad to rotate. :)

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I played for an hour of 5-a-side last night and was ok but needed small breathers at the back , so glad we can rotate , I will go for a cycle ride about Thursday so will be as fit as I can for Sunday . I can play in goal too if you need a keeper .

I have a mate in Woodingdean who is good if you need an extra player at the last minute if someone drops out .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I played for an hour of 5-a-side last night and was ok but needed small breathers at the back , so glad we can rotate , I will go for a cycle ride about Thursday so will be as fit as I can for Sunday . I can play in goal too if you need a keeper .

I have a mate in Woodingdean who is good if you need an extra player at the last minute if someone drops out .

We've got enough players for the moment, but if someone drops out then call him up.

Also, if nobody else wants to play in goal then we'd need a keeper, so the space is yours if you want it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
**Reiterating Important information**

Shinpads Must be worn. If you haven't got them already they shouldn't be more than a tenner.

No jewellery.

Kick off for the first game is at noon. Try to get there for about 11:30 so we can have a chat, and get our team sorted and organised.

I think there is an entry fee for each team, I've asked the organisers what it is and I'll let everyone know about it later on.

Blue and white shirt for our kit, don't think shorts matter.

Moulded blades, moulded studs and astro-turf boots are all fine to wear.

And lastly...

Group A
Brighton Pigeons
North Stand Chat
North West Sussex Seagulls
South West Corner
Top Notch United

Nice easy group :p

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills