Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
People form their opinions on what they see. If he is only played in 6 games and appears ineffective and people come on here to report what they see, I fail to see the problem.

As for your second point, you appear to be struggling over the difference between supporting our players when it matters (at the game when they're on the pitch playing for our team), and posting an opinion on an internet forum.
Thank you for your concern, but I'm not struggling. If I thought that the posts on here made no difference then I wouldn't care, but I do think they make a difference. If a lot of people on here slag a player off, that easily ends up at the stadium and effects how the player feels. O'Grady only had a few brief appearances for us, nothing like enough to get some form going, and he was written off, which was daft IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
200k fee agreed according to sun on Sunday. Which is ludicrous. And reports that his family have moves back up north already.

What a shame....

I was told on Friday that his family is back down here. They must be starting to feel like Yoyos

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thank you for your concern, but I'm not struggling. If I thought that the posts on here made no difference then I wouldn't care, but I do think they make a difference. If a lot of people on here slag a player off, that easily ends up at the stadium and effects how the player feels. O'Grady only had a few brief appearances for us, nothing like enough to get some form going, and he was written off, which was daft IMO.

Written off? You appear to be getting sensitive on the players' behalf. I suppose a minority of people might have written him off, but I think it's more accurate to say that the vast majority of people have merely expressed their opinions of his own performance to date in an Albion shirt, and have largely gone back on that as he has proved his worth to the team. I fail to see what is wrong with that. And that is what this forum is all about - opinions. Acting like a happy-clappy seal is considerably more boring, not particularly constructive, and appears to be the reserve of high and mighty types on here who think they're above it all.

(Incidentally, I've never been of the opinion that COG is gash, I'm just standing up for those who did so on here and have changed their opinion of him)

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Him, his girlfriend and young children are still here, the property they moved into days before his loan to Sheffield. They went back up north when he went on loan and moved back into it a week after he got back from his loan. By all accounts they will support him whatever is good for his career, and their issue when he moved here is being put first in a hotel, then moving to (apparently) a damp infested property setup by club. So them being unsettled was due to having to move a number of times in a short space of time and finally settling to then be moved on loan. I don't care how much you are on, that would suck.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It's rather worrying that comments from some of our goonish fans have upset players like Barnes and O'Grady. Perhaps not the main reason for them wanting out but certainly a factor.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
200k fee agreed according to sun on Sunday. Which is ludicrous. And reports that his family have moves back up north already.

What a shame....

Just to say his family were still here this morning. I spoke to his wife and there didn't seem to be any immediate plans to leave. I am fully aware that the last few days of the window can be unpredictable but they don't seem to be going anywhere????

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011

I think they do matter, too often the comments of a few posters get taken as commentary for all supporters. As with all aspects of the internet, it's the 1 bad review in 100 that gets weighted more than the other 99 - or the silent 400.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
What skill is he lacking in a Championship striker? He's strong, even CB's bounce off him. He can bring others into play, spot their runs and play a decent ball. He's got a half good shot and his energy levels seem to be all there, albeit not hugely fast. No record of niggly injuries. Not sure how good he is in the air, can't comment on that.

I suppose he is 29 and a Yorkie who came 'cheap' from Barnsley ... other than that what is it you're looking for and assuming TB doesn't want to pour his money down the drain ad infinitum

Spot on here. He's actually a bloody good footballer. He's got great feet, a good first touch and is built like a BSH; Koscielny certainly knew he'd been in a game yesterday.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If I was CMS or O'Grady going through a rough patch, and if I was a sensitive soul, I think I'd give ANY internet forum a wide berth.

I dunno, suspect rough patch or not, I would still be logging into ScandinavianCumbathLesboAnalFilth.com for the latest posts

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Watching the game again this morning, I was even more impressed with his overall game. Best defensive performance by a striker at set pieces since Murray.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, who's going to check El Pres's website to see if it's real?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Written off? You appear to be getting sensitive on the players' behalf. I suppose a minority of people might have written him off, but I think it's more accurate to say that the vast majority of people have merely expressed their opinions of his own performance to date in an Albion shirt, and have largely gone back on that as he has proved his worth to the team. I fail to see what is wrong with that. And that is what this forum is all about - opinions. Acting like a happy-clappy seal is considerably more boring, not particularly constructive, and appears to be the reserve of high and mighty types on here who think they're above it all.

(Incidentally, I've never been of the opinion that COG is gash, I'm just standing up for those who did so on here and have changed their opinion of him)

Hands up Im a convert. He started against Sheff Wed in our first home game but to be fair no one pulled up any trees in that game. He also started against BURTON AWAY. At this game he looked like a L2 striker, much like CMS did to be frank and based on that game I thought he wasnt very good. After this COG didnt feature much. Maybe because of Burton, maybe Sami didnt fancy him, or whatever. However like any player its all about confidence and he has that now and when you have confidence you generally play better.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think they do matter, too often the comments of a few posters get taken as commentary for all supporters. As with all aspects of the internet, it's the 1 bad review in 100 that gets weighted more than the other 99 - or the silent 400.

It's rather worrying that comments from some of our goonish fans have upset players like Barnes and O'Grady. Perhaps not the main reason for them wanting out but certainly a factor.

He is delicious.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spot on here. He's actually a bloody good footballer. He's got great feet, a good first touch and is built like a BSH; Koscielny certainly knew he'd been in a game yesterday.

I would think that Koscienly would hope that every games is as easy for him as this one was. COG hustled and bustled but actually won very few balls and virtually none in the air. His persistence on thd ground was good. This is where I dont think he is good enough, if they drop the ball short he will win it but in an outright jump he will always come off 2nd best

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would think that Koscienly would hope that every games is as easy for him as this one was. COG hustled and bustled but actually won very few balls and virtually none in the air. His persistence on thd ground was good. This is where I dont think he is good enough, if they drop the ball short he will win it but in an outright jump he will always come off 2nd best

Failing memory on my part, but I thought, for example, when he came on at Fulham he won absolutely everything in the air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here