Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

follow that logic we should have a referedum on membership every other year.

Follow the logic of you only get one and we should have stuck with the result from the 70s putting us in in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Follow the logic of you only get one and we should have stuck with the result from the 70s putting us in in the first place.

you seem to be following another logic :shrug:

look, some want another referendum because some might have changed their minds. dont claim it undemocratic to not have another unless accepting the precedence set for regular referendums. anyway, leave it the MPs to sort out as we have already established popular votes arent very good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whatever happened to Europe needs us more than we need them and it will be really easy to get a good deal. I think we should get Farage, Gove, Johnson, Rees- Mogg and fiends to explain why the eu just didn't capitulate to all our demands like they said they would
*fiends* indeed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
you seem to be following another logic :shrug:

Not at all. Either democracy means voting once only on constitutional issues, in which case we were done & dusted in 1975, or it means responding when theirs a seismic change of opinion. Have you seen the Sky vote poll today? Majority in favour of another referendum.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Not at all. Either democracy means voting once only on constitutional issues, in which case we were done & dusted in 1975, or it means responding when theirs a seismic change of opinion. Have you seen the Sky vote poll today? Majority in favour of another referendum.

so you agree to another vote in a fews year time, and then again few years later, as determined by Sky polls.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
so you agree to another vote in a fews year time, and then again few years later, as determined by Sky polls.

I do appreciate what you are saying, and tend to agree, but at the same time we shouldn't progress with Brexit just because of the vote in 2016.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
This sums it up tbh...

“No group of politicians has done more damage to this country than the 50 or so hardline Tory Brexiteers. They have infected the UK with their poison, concealed their real aims, evaded all responsibility, & now knife their own leader for failing to deliver their fantasy” - Robert Harris

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I do appreciate what you are saying, and tend to agree, but at the same time we shouldn't progress with Brexit just because of the vote in 2016.

and i agree with that. we've elected some representitives, lets leave it to them now.

D

Deleted member 2719

Although I admire Mays grit and determination, she has totally screwed up and kept to her remain roots.

She can feck off and quick.

Time for Mogg.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This sums it up tbh...

“No group of politicians has done more damage to this country than the 50 or so hardline Tory Brexiteers. They have infected the UK with their poison, concealed their real aims, evaded all responsibility, & now knife their own leader for failing to deliver their fantasy” - Robert Harris

Since he stopped doing the Old Grey Whistle Test I've not taken too much notice of him tbf.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Your'e being obtuse, old people tend to die off more than young people, statistically, there will be less of the older voters from 2016 still breathing in 2022 than there will be of the younger voters. In fact, long before that, before March 29th 2019, there will probably be more people alive that voted remain in 2016, than voted leave in 2016. So if one course of action will alienate one group of voters more than the other, in terms of being electable at the next election, it is safer to piss off Leave voters, which also includes the greater number of the electorate that don't bother at general elections.
Thats aside from not ruining the nation, which also affects your chances at elections.

What a nasty piece of work you are.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
All those who keep banging on that a second vote would be undemocratic, there was 763 days between the last 2 elections, and loads of people changed their vote. This is democracy.
The referendum was 875 days ago, loads of people would have changed their minds. This is undemocratic.

How about we have a referendum to rejoin AFTER we have left, if Stay Out wins then we stay out but if Rejoin The EU wins we have an extra referendum before they get a chance to sign the rejoin paperwork, you know just to make sure people really really really want to rejoin and give them that added extra go to vote the right way instead? Seems fair.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here