Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *****Player Ratings vs Everton *****

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well, the Argus ratings score AJ on a par with Shane Duffy, and higher than Izquierdo. So we must all be wrong.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I'll go with these marks except for marking up Stephens to a 6. AJ and Solly offered so little today
Solly does week in and week out.... very poor, very weak.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Looks like Ali J is the latest 'flop' to throw in to the Locadia basket, going by some on here. He was awful today, but the fact that some people have written him off already (once again) is insane. Solly was almost as bad (save for his assist) and has been offering absolutely sweet FA for close to a year now.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I wasn’t there so interested to know why the subs were surreal as on paper they look fairly predictable/obvious?

From the comments is it more Knocky should have swapped with AJ?

AJ shouldn't have been on the pitch after half time, to be honest, so how he lasted 3 substitutions and 90 minutes is beyond me. If he'd been Akpom, these boards would've been plastered with critique of him. So bringing Izquierdo off instead seemed utterly surreal as he was the only player carrying the ball into their half and giving us an outlet.

Bissouma was also a funny one. Not that March was excellent (he wasn't, although he was no worse than any of our other attackers), but it just seemed a very negative sub considering the scoreline and seemed like a concession from CH that the game had gone and he just wanted to give Bissouma more minutes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looks like Ali J is the latest 'flop' to throw in to the Locadia basket, going by some on here. He was awful today, but the fact that some people have written him off already (once again) is insane. Solly was almost as bad (save for his assist) and has been offering absolutely sweet FA for close to a year now.

Not sure anyone is writing him off, but there will always be an expectation when a transfer fee is involved.

However, he’s had an indifferent start, and unfortunately (for him) replaced a player (Knockaert) who seemed to be playing well.

As per my earlier post, I was sceptical when we signed him, mainly because Dutch football is going through a lull at the moment.

As with Locadia, I hope he comes good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It seems like AJ is being told to concentrate on defending at the moment. I can’t think of many occasions he’s actually been given the ball in the opposition half and had the chance to get at the defence so I don’t think he can be properly judged until he plays in an attacking performance by the team.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thought Everton were poor as well.

Well I didn't, and those ratings are hardly endorsing your conclusion. Perhaps more importantly, CH was effusive about Everton, and Silva said it was their best performance of their season, the pundits were also extremely complementary.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Andone 6.5 - looked encouraging. Holds the ball well and seemed to be a clear outlet. Uses his body well and seemed to have a good touch and a lot of desire. Depending on his fitness, I'd be starting him against Cardiff.

CH 3 - not a good day at the office. I don't know what he said to them at half time, but it didn't work. His substitutions were utterly surreal. It was like he was watching a totally different game to everyone else; either that or he just threw the game in and wanted to give minutes to specific players.

Both of these particularly.

Very excited by the Andone cameo.......

I have to agree with this. He looked good under pressure on the ball unlike everybody yesterday

Me too. I mean genuinely very, very excited. He looked a real outlet for others to play off of.

Now we have seen him, I guess that's back to the bench for another 6 games or out of the squad entirely. As long as March plays !!!! FFS.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
CH 4. He really needs to sort out our away performances - they are so consistently poor that they reflect a planning problem

Based solely on away performances and planning I think CH would not have a job now its that poor.

Before anyone bites just the away performances I'm talking about. So sit down shut up!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well I didn't, and those ratings are hardly endorsing your conclusion. Perhaps more importantly, CH was effusive about Everton, and Silva said it was their best performance of their season, the pundits were also extremely complementary.

Doesn’t change my view. Gave them three goals, they created very little that I can recall.

CH is hardly going to say they were poor. We were shocking and if it had been City, Liverpool we would have been slaughtered.

Re Silva, I can’t comment on their other performances, it may have been the best of a poor bunch, I don’t know.

We didn’t play well and it’s been that way for a few games, but thankfully we normally defend brilliantly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here