Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Reports of ‘child abduction’ from Churchill Square...

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I’ve seen some posts on Facebook about this and now it’s in the news. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing but weird to have reports of an abduction but no child reported missing....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-child-abducted-brighton-shopping-13539311

‘A child has reportedly been 'abducted' from a Brighton shopping centre.

Police confirmed they have launched an investigation after reports a youngster aged between three and five may have been "picked up by a man" who "walked off" with her.

Officers are searching vehicles as they leave the car park and a helicopter has also been scrambled to the scene near the Churchill Square shopping centre.’

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The child's age is 3.5 as in three and a half, but somehow got distorted to between 3 and 5.

Some reports are also saying it could be the child's grandparent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From the Argus

Then at 6.55pm Sussex Police released a statement, which said: "Police are investigating a report of a possible child abduction outside Churchill Square, Brighton, between 3.30pm and 3.45pm today.

"However there have been no reports of missing children and no trace of the possible suspect and the child on CCTV cameras.

"Officers have made a wide search of the area and the police helicopter is also searching, after we received a report that a man may have picked up a small child and walked off.

"Enquiries are also being made to establish whether the child was actually with their parents.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a bit weird if there aren't actually any 'missing' reports.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
From the Argus

Then at 6.55pm Sussex Police released a statement, which said: "Police are investigating a report of a possible child abduction outside Churchill Square, Brighton, between 3.30pm and 3.45pm today.

"However there have been no reports of missing children and no trace of the possible suspect and the child on CCTV cameras.

"Officers have made a wide search of the area and the police helicopter is also searching, after we received a report that a man may have picked up a small child and walked off.

"Enquiries are also being made to establish whether the child was actually with their parents.

The report in my post is more recent than the Argus as there is cctv footage, that has now been released to hopefully help identify the man/child.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The child's age is 3.5 as in three and a half, but somehow got distorted to between 3 and 5.

Some reports are also saying it could be the child's grandparent.

I doubt they’d be that specific on age over a grainy cctv so 3-5 sounds about right as a broader guess?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I doubt they’d be that specific on age over a grainy cctv so 3-5 sounds about right as a broader guess?

I'm only going on what some of the reports are saying.

The child appeared to be standing on her own and then the old gentleman came over and picked her up. I may well be wrong but with no reports of a missing child, it seems to me that she was with a grandparent.
Is it because there is such a huge age difference that people are worried about abduction?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the police are involved in case it is something horrible, but it does seem very strange nobody has reported her missing.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Happy ending thankfully. False alarm

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, the police issued a notice around midnight. The child was identified and was safe asleep at home with her parents.

Stumpy Tim

So basically a 3 year old was playing up, so her Dad picked her up and took her home. And a member of the public called the police because of that. Am I the only who feels that calling the police because a three year old was being naughty is a bit odd?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So basically a 3 year old was playing up, so her Dad picked her up and took her home. And a member of the public called the police because of that. Am I the only who feels that calling the police because a three year old was being naughty is a bit odd?
This is the new world

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The whole thread is a bit odd. The only thing missing is someone suggesting the “abductor” had a dark skin. You can’t have everything I guess.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The whole thread is a bit odd. The only thing missing is someone suggesting the “abductor” had a dark skin. You can’t have everything I guess.

That happened in America. A black guy was looking after two white children aged around 11 & 9, and a woman rang the police, from the supermarket.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
"Hope they catch the *******!"
"Scum!"
"Liked and shared"

... oh it was her Dad.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR THE POLICE TO CONFIRM THIS SORT OF THING BEFORE SHARING IT YOU DIVS

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
better safe than sorry

I’ve just called the police and reported you, you might be a mad axe murderer for all I know. Or even a peado? Better to be safe than sorry eh?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’ve just called the police and reported you, you might be a mad axe murderer for all I know. Or even a peado? Better to be safe than sorry eh?

Very clever from our resident know all. Stick to posting about craft beers. It makes you sound really cool, huh, but certainly not the rebel you would love us to think you are.

Have you ever been in the position where a young child has gone missing?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Hope they catch the *******!"
"Scum!"
"Liked and shared"

... oh it was her Dad.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR THE POLICE TO CONFIRM THIS SORT OF THING BEFORE SHARING IT YOU DIVS

Exactly. My Mrs was up in arms last night because, it turns out, a child was safe with her father.

Absolutely the worst of social media no doubt shared by some mummy divs in ****ing Lincolnshire or Cumbria “just in case”. I.e. just in case someone somewhere thinks you don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here