Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen Elizabeth on the move

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
ed761bb073b0ee46ca94ba7542f74761.jpg

Look what turned up today on the flight deck!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
With todays historic event with the F35 landing on QE, comes news that the first ever crash of an F35 happened today. :(

News headlines today: Sept. 28, 2018 https://abcnews.go.com/US/cutting-edge-35-stealth-fighter-crashes-south-carolina/story?id=58152917

A Marine F-35B joint strike fighter has crashed close to Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort in Beaufort, South Carolina -- marking the first-ever crash of the costly stealth aircraft, which will become the main fighter aircraft for the Marine Corps, Air Force and Navy, a military official confirms.

Officials say the pilot safely ejected. He's being evaluated for injuries, the local sheriff's office said.

Capt. Bob Bromidge, with the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, also confirmed to ABC News that a Marine Corps aircraft had crashed in a rural part of Beaufort County.

"The Marine Corps confirmed that it was one of theirs,” Bromidge told ABC News.

The Marine Corps version of the F-35 is able to take off and land vertically.

It's being reported on Twitter by defence analysts that it's possible that the F35 flying programme may be suspended while the cause of the crash is investigated.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The 2 new aircraft carriers have allegedly cost £6.2 billion. This does not include the running costs. Talk about a misplaced sense of priorities, particularly when all they are is slow moving, already obscelete, flag carrying, easy targets for smart missiles. Really, what ****ing use are they?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I worked for a regular customer who is in the navy a couple of weeks ago, he had just come back from Florida working on the Queen Elizabeth, he was in the bar with the lads who got into trouble, he said it was nothing and got blown out of all proportion by the media because it was her first foreign trip.
The Captain was not very happy about it at all though.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
I worked for a regular customer who is in the navy a couple of weeks ago, he had just come back from Florida working on the Queen Elizabeth, he was in the bar with the lads who got into trouble, he said it was nothing and got blown out of all proportion by the media because it was her first foreign trip.

all part of their 'task book of life' Jack works hard and plays even harder. what some of us got up to would make the 10 o'clock news, let alone the newspapers.:blush::salute:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The 2 new aircraft carriers have allegedly cost £6.2 billion. This does not include the running costs. Talk about a misplaced sense of priorities, particularly when all they are is slow moving, already obscelete, flag carrying, easy targets for smart missiles. Really, what ****ing use are they?

And the “I don’t know what I’m talking about” award go’s to Surf’s Up!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

all part of their 'task book of life' Jack works hard and plays even harder. what some of us got up to would make the 10 o'clock news, let alone the newspapers.:blush::salute:

I was surpised it was only six that got arrested!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Please tell me this is a comedy post ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here