Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What unrest exactly would you imagine? Widespread rioting in shires?

You seriously think hard line leavers would except a new ref. after winning? Id hope they would, but I don't think so.

It doesn't really matter, because there won't be another one anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A 2nd referendum will just be littered with the same deceit and lies that have continued since the first so I’m not sure how anyone will be better equipped to make a more informed decision.

This simply isn't true.

I agree that there would still be bias / spin (and outright lies) on both sides of the argument, in the lead up to any second vote, but to suggest that people will not be at all 'more informed' is wrong.

(Some) people genuinely believed, for example, that leaving would be easy ("Easiest negotiation in history", anyone?) and thus were happy to put their trust in government to implement it. Now that everybody knows, for certain that this is very far from the truth - that any exit will inevitably be messy and expensive, SOME of those people might consider that they no longer trust government to be able to achieve a satisfactory result, and thus their personal weighing up of benefits v risks might very well have shifted.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
You seriously think hard line leavers would except a new ref. after winning? Id hope they would, but I don't think so.

It doesn't really matter, because there won't be another one anyway.

What is a 'hard line leaver'? We're talking ageing barroom bores in Clacton, not the provisional IRA.

So you can't give any examples of the 'civil unrest' that you 'imagine' would happen?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

And very possibly civil unrest I would imagine.

What unrest exactly would you imagine? Widespread rioting in shires?
There should be civil unrest if Westminster politicians weasel their way out of Brexit - but I doubt it would happen. All the hysteria about Brexit is coming from the remain side after all - see, for instance, Geldof, R., anti-Brexit demos in London, etc. even weeping and wailing on NSC, ffs! Leavers are a more sanguine lot - after all, millions who voted no in 1975 have put up with being in the ghastly organisation for the last 40 odd years without resorting to hysteria and violence.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Abuse? Honestly, what a 'Snowflake'

How did people like you get through school? How do you survive a night at the pub, a day at work, a match if being called 'thick as mince' upsets you, gawd help you!!! Bleeding hellfire! My Grandad used to call me worse with a smile on his face as a joke. Abuse my eye! You're lucky you don't get more of it! :D

And he's still at it!

Such an angry person or more likely a troll!

Trying to insult someone's intelligence shows a lack of your own.

Blocking you now so I don't have to read this drivel :lolol:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
There should be civil unrest if Westminster politicians weasel their way out of Brexit - but I doubt it would happen. All the hysteria about Brexit is coming from the remain side after all - see, for instance, Geldof, R., anti-Brexit demos in London, etc. even weeping and wailing on NSC, ffs! Leavers are a more sanguine lot - after all, millions who voted no in 1975 have put up with being in the ghastly organisation for the last 40 odd years without resorting to hysteriaand violence.

You don't half talk some rubbish, but this is a good one. Clearly you haven't opened a British newspaper for the past few decades.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This simply isn't true.

I agree that there would still be bias / spin (and outright lies) on both sides of the argument, in the lead up to any second vote, but to suggest that people will not be at all 'more informed' is wrong.

(Some) people genuinely believed, for example, that leaving would be easy ("Easiest negotiation in history", anyone?) and thus were happy to put their trust in government to implement it. Now that everybody knows, for certain that this is very far from the truth - that any exit will inevitably be messy and expensive, SOME of those people might consider that they no longer trust government to be able to achieve a satisfactory result, and thus their personal weighing up of benefits v risks might very well have shifted.
The fact that the Government aren't making a good job of Brexit is not a reason for not pursuing it - no reason for leavers to change their minds. After all, we all know that most of the Government are remainers anyway, so their heart isn't exactly in it. Leavers might wish they could change the Government - but not to change the objective of leaving the EU.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What is a 'hard line leaver'? We're talking ageing barroom bores in Clacton, not the provisional IRA.

So you can't give any examples of the 'civil unrest' that you 'imagine' would happen?

ok mate. You have your opinions I have mine, as do others.

Probably best to agree to disagree on this one. :thumbsup:

Like I said, its all irrelevant, a new vote is not going to happen anyway.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
There should be civil unrest if Westminster politicians weasel their way out of Brexit - but I doubt it would happen. All the hysteria about Brexit is coming from the remain side after all - see, for instance, Geldof, R., anti-Brexit demos in London, etc. even weeping and wailing on NSC, ffs! Leavers are a more sanguine lot - after all, millions who voted no in 1975 have put up with being in the ghastly organisation for the last 40 odd years without resorting to hysteria and violence.

Advocating civil unrest if there was a vote to remain in the EU in one sentence before claiming all the hysteria about Brexit coming from the remain side in the next.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There's only two types of people that are gonna get through Brexit just fine. The ultra thick and the ultra rich. Neither will really notice much going on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You don't half talk some rubbish, but this is a good one. Clearly you haven't opened a British newspaper for the past few decades.
Oh yes, the anti-EU riots in...where was it?.....and when exactly? No, didn't happen, did it - now, start trying to deal in facts, not insults.

And as for "Clearly you haven't opened a British newspaper for the past few decades" - haven't your remoaner mates drummed it into you yet that all leavers are thick old racist Daily Mail readers. :facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fact that the Government aren't making a good job of Brexit is not a reason for not pursuing it - no reason for leavers to change their minds. After all, we all know that most of the Government are remainers anyway, so their heart isn't exactly in it. Leavers might wish they could change the Government - but not to change the objective of leaving the EU.

That is all perfectly reasonable - and for some, maybe most, Leave voters, that would be their viewpoint.

But entirely unconnected to the point I just made - that 2 years on people ARE far more informed about the complexity of leaving, and the risks involved, and thus SOME may now feel that the risks and problems outweigh the perceived benefits.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The first person to mention Boris Johnson this morning as a untrustworthy chancer is a leaver, my pea-brained gammony friend.

Still got your strange piggy-parts fetish?So last year,just like all remainers!I would rather have a pea-brain and a large penis,than a large brain with a maggot and two peas like you mob.:D

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Everybody knows Brexit will screw his country beyond repair in our or our children's lifetime but no point is a second ref, because the same people would still vote leave. Why? Well, it has something to do with what I was saying earlier. Give me a T...give me an H.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Advocating civil unrest if there was a vote to remain in the EU in one sentence before claiming all the hysteria about Brexit coming from the remain side in the next.
Interesting (but highly inaccurate) use of the word 'advocating' there. Doubting something will happen is not advocating it. But carry on - I do realise that such knee-jerk reactions are just evidence of the hysteria on the remain side.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That is all perfectly reasonable - and for some, maybe most, Leave voters, that would be their viewpoint.

But entirely unconnected to the point I just made - that 2 years on people ARE far more informed about the complexity of leaving, and the risks involved, and thus SOME may now feel that the risks and problems outweigh the perceived benefits.

Some of us are more informed about how the EU is run,and who benefits from it,and want to Leave even more,whatever the cost.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Still got your strange piggy-parts fetish?So last year,just like all remainers!I would rather have a pea-brain and a large penis,than a large brain with a maggot and two peas like you mob.:D

Probably one of the strangest posts I have ever seen on NSC. Very queer.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Everybody knows Brexit will screw his country beyond repair in our or our children's lifetime but no point is a second ref, because the same people would still vote leave. Why? Well, it has something to do with what I was saying earlier. Give me a T...give me an H.....

Your Grandfather was a very wise man.You are as thick as mince.:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some of us are more informed about how the EU is run,and who benefits from it,and want to Leave even more,whatever the cost.

Your mate Farage for one.

:laugh:

Oh good gosh, that is going to stay with me all day. Haha! Oh, thank you, thank you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here