Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People who ask for some information or ask a question on a forum or Facebook and then write GO! at the end.
As if I’ve just been sat here waiting for something to do.

Or that really gormless thing where somebody starts an NSC thread titled 'Channel 4 NOW!' As if everybody/anybody logged in at the time is going to frantically switch to that channel. Those not logged in will get the frantic alert hours or days later. Just don't do it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Did your STIs also make you a multi-millions?

I hated McIntyre with a passion. I went to the Channel 4 Comedy Gala years ago and said to my mates "I'm going for a pint whilst that w*nker's on skipping about like a dick..."

Somehow, I ended up watching him - and he was the best out of the whole lot by a country mile. Same the year after, and the year after that. So much so, I went to see him live at the O2.

It's not like me to have a total turnaround of opinion as I'm a stubborn git - but he's very, very good.

In line with the thread title, my changed opinion made me cringe... at myself.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Humble brags. The art of having a moan but with the brag shoehorned in.

Today's example: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-45420213

Debit card glitch: Woman charged twice for £18k Mercedes

A woman paid £36,000 for an £18,000 Mercedes because of a glitch that saw thousands of people charged twice for debit card payments.

"I think we were the only people to spend that much on that day, it was bad luck."

OH BOO ****ING HOO.

boik

I'm always amazed in these threads about how upset people get about stuff that doesn't matter. Seems to be an angry old world out there. Looking on the bright side I guess it must mean that most peoples lives are going pretty well if these are the sort of things they've got to moan about.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This may offend, but women in their late 50's and 60's who get Tattoos to look 'cool' and 'individual' make me cringe... especially the swirly flowery ones on the sides of their manky feet. Sorry ladies, it just makes you look Chav. Also, the ones who dye their hair pink, blue, green and other 'please, please, please... look at ME' colours.

Grow old gracefully, for fecks sake. Have some class. I'll get shot down for this, but I promise I won't flounce.

Aside from that, I'm on with 'Ring of Fire' before the start of a game - which means nothing to me apart from what goes through my head the morning after a vindaloo. Does it have some relevance at BHAFC? If it does, I'm unaware being a relative JCL.

Some more... Grown men who wear football shirts to the pub when it's not match day, Android snobs, people who kerb their alloys and don't care, and finally people who carry their dogs everywhere. The little f*ckers have twice as many legs as we do. Let them use them!!! :glare:

I think you've gone from cringe to ANGRY. Why does it bother you so that when I 'kerb' my alloys, I really don't give a crap?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
People who talk to their not-yet-reading-age children via their Facebook wall.

"Daddy is so proud of you, Wolf, for wiping your own arse today. We all love you so much and couldn't imagine life without your excrement-smeared hoop in our lives." Or words to that affect.

He's four, can't read, isn't allowed on Facebook, and wouldn't understand what you're blithering on about anyway. But thanks for sharing it with virtually every adult you know, you attention-seeking ****.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Adults on micro scooters, skateboards, rollerblades.
Painfully thick people pontificating on subjects way beyond their intellect. Religion, politics, immigration etc.
Dara o Briene (or however you spell it).
Lefty idiots breaking down about Brexit on YouTube.
Gender fluidity before puberty.
Kidults.
Goths.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Adults on micro scooters, skateboards, rollerblades.
Painfully thick people pontificating on subjects way beyond their intellect.. Religion, politics, immigration etc.
Dara o Briene (or however you spell it).
Lefty idiots breaking down about Brexit on YouTube.
Gender fluidity before puberty.
Kidults.
Goths.
People who lack self awareness :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Brexit debates. Brings out the worst in people when, really, everyone should just laugh and admit that ultimately no one has a clue about it.

Sure, you can read your paper and quote the latest 'fact' you read in there to suit your point.....but you don't actually understand it do you? Come on, be honest. How can you? People are arguing about millions here and there and they literally don't have the governments accounts in front of them so have no idea what they are talking about :lolol:

People actually get ANGRY at each other about it. It's madness.

If ever I'm in a situation where it comes up, I'll just say "Yeah I don't understand it". So much easier than pretending and trying to remember what the clever man on the news said. I can then just sit back and observe, as if im at a zoo, as my associates engage in absolute nonsense.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

TV presenters who use language that just sounds wrong for them.. Davina McCall presenting Big Brother all those years ago set the benchmark for me.. endless "Big up to you for staying in so long" "Total respect to you for saying that" and such tripe trying to sound compassionate, sensitive whilst trying to whip the crowd into a frenzy.. made me want to turn inside out..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here