NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm guessing today was my last day for bib shorts. :down:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I have to find a safer hobby....

I sliced my shin to pieces on my MTB pedals Friday night after crashing in the dark on Telscombe Tye, & was almost knocked off the road bike twice yesterday (one morning, one evening) by drivers pulling out of side roads - despite me having 3 very bright lights up front, wearing fluorescent gear, and both cars initially stopping at the junctions.

Both times after stopping, the drivers stared straight ahead & adopted the classic "If I dont look at the cyclist, hes not actually there" pose.

Good job Im not very fast, or it could've been nasty.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I think I've found my next bike...

Billed as an all rounder, it has loads of room for wider / cyclocross tyres, mudguards etc. for the winter, Sora groupset - & a gorgeous steel retro look...for £500.

You can shove all the new fangled funny carbon frame designs...this is my idea of a good looking bike.

Attachments

• CBHOLELANSORA_P1.jpg
    CBHOLELANSORA_P1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1EE8ACC4-BC33-42A0-8B90-4858B4F5BECE.jpeg

Billed as an all rounder, it has loads of room for wider / cyclocross tyres, mudguards etc. for the winter, Sora groupset - & a gorgeous steel retro look...for £500.

You can shove all the new fangled funny carbon frame designs...this is my idea of a good looking bike.

Looks nice. Why ruin the retro look with disc brakes. ???

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Buy it fella.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

That's a nice looking bike. Really liking the classic decals. Reasonable price too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its the one thing I would change about it tbh, as I think road bikes should always have calipers. As a keen off-road rider used to discs though, it wouldn't bother me that much.

So tempted.

TBH having wintered last year on disc brakes I'm finding myself considerably more tentative on these wet leaf strewn roads, while eeking the last rides out of my summer bike.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Little Miss Stat was very proud to receive a badge from her French teacher (year 7), I said:-

'tres bien'

She replied

'What does that mean'. :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Have you seen this?

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/EBPXRT58TI/planet-x-rt-58-v2-alloy-shimano-tiagra-road-bike

Seeing as you're quite happy to have fishing tackle, here you get Tiagra rather than Sora, full mudguard clearance and now they're even chucking in 125 quids worth of free stuff too!
Seems like amazing value for a Winter bike.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Any one had this version of being 'offered out' by a **** motorist before?

"Do you want to go live!?" :lolol:

I'm assuming it was an invitation for a fight, but I can't say I've ever heard the phrase before. Am I right, or was he after material for his 'vblog' or something :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any one had this version of being 'offered out' by a **** motorist before?

"Do you want to go live!?" :lolol:

I'm assuming it was an invitation for a fight, but I can't say I've ever heard the phrase before. Am I right, or was he after material for his 'vblog' or something :shrug:

With Philip Scofield and Emma Forbes?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
With Philip Scofield and Emma Forbes?

I'm afraid you've just confirmed how out of touch I am. Whose Emma Forbes?

I have heard of Philip Scofield though :blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm afraid you've just confirmed how out of touch I am. Whose Emma Forbes?

I have heard of Philip Scofield though :blush:

Next you'll be saying you've never heard of Trevor and Simon or Gordon the Gopher.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Next you'll be saying you've never heard of Trevor and Simon or Gordon the Gopher.

Nope, heard of all three of them. Genuinely never heard of Emma Forbes though.

She's not married to Ronnie Pickering by any chance? :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Mudguards arrived today for my new Winter/commuter bike build.

Good to see some companies taking packaging seriously :facepalm: :nono:

20171121_163034-1.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No sign of any Haribo, the thought of ordering something and not getting Haribo fills me with dread.
I'm easily bought!

Excuse me, but I've got to 'vent'.

Jnr doesn't, and never has been able to, function as his birthday (on Sunday) nears, the best description I have for it is his head goes onto a spin cycle.

Like a fool I allowed him to stay up and watch the game last night (we would have gone were it not for Lil Miss Stat) and today he uncharacteristically plays up at school.

All he had to do was have a normal day, instead he was low level disruptive in one lesson, costing a very rare 1 hour detention, which in turn he has now acted himself out of going to the palace game.

He was really vague about.the detention, it turns out he doesn't know if the conviction will stand up in court because he has reported his teacher to Student Welfare.

WTF!!!

He said that and I just stood there in disbelief, I was genuinely unable to speak.

I picked it up again with him later and his attitude was so appalling I've now written to the school, telling them they'd better not back down and ought to actually increase the punishment.

Reporting your teacher to student welfare, just how feckin precious is my little shitebag?

Sorry about that, sadly I don't think the rant is over, I'm bloody livid.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey 10, that's bonkers. I've been contemplating buying two sets to make super 'guards deep down I know it'll be a mess.
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], your lad is destined for greatness but banning him from next Tuesday is risky. Will you leave me your bikes in your will please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here