Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer wish list of recruits

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
[video]https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/02/23/sebastian-giovinco-highlights-best-goals-and-skills-toronto-fc[/video]

Earns too much but maybe we can tempt him with something. Anything.

Although some of the defending left a lot to be desired. He looks decent.
Still would be a risk as he hasn't played in England before and would need time to bed in.
I don't think we have that luxury.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think you'll find we will be investing in players outside the English leagues. Spain & Germany in particular

About time we sign an Italian. Preferably a striker.

Jul 7, 2003
One for the future but I'd like to see us go for Joe Worrall - the Forest centre back (not the old ref from the Wirral). Thought he looked a good prospect when they beat us at their place.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Don't want Chris Wood. Too much like Murray and Hemed. Not sure he is any better than these either. He plays in a team where he is the only player to get the goals yet our top scorer is only a couple behind him despite playing in a team where 4 players (himself included) are in double figures.

Carl Jenkinson
Jonathan Cafu or Defoe
Tomori
Pocognoli
Mooy[/QUOTE

I would rather loan Hemed out to a top Championship team.
As he needs too many chances to score.
Where as say what you like he only needed one chance against Newcastle and in general I think Chris wood is far more clinical in front of goal.

All opinions but personally prefer Hemed to Wood. Top goal scorer last season and If he was a bit more physical would be challenging Murray's position more often. If he had played as much as Murray he may have got more goals. Also would losing Hemed also upset Kayal? Its a team with great togetherness am not saying we don't need players but we also need to keep this togetherness and balance. Still Wood is a no for me.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Do people really think Defoe or Sigurdsson are going to join us ? Just not going to happen, they will have just about every Premier League side outside the top 6 after them. No chance of them coming here, people need to be realistic and remember who we are!!!

yes we need to remember who we are PREMIER LEAGUE!! His current club are CHAMPIONSHIP!! Why wouldn't he come closer to his London roots on a new adventure in a lovely city instead of a smoggy dockyard.? No idea what he is thinking!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Joey Barton for me, best left back in the country.

You bet!

Friend from Midsbro might suit us. We need to back up Bruno, and I totally agree with re-signing Stockdale and Stephens if possible. A pacey addition to the strikers would be good, but every team looks for that all the time. This is where the recruitment team earn their corn. I look forward to a coup similar to signing Vicente......

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd like Michel Vorm if Stockdale is leaving. Not sure if he'd be up for losing his comfy spot on the bench earning a load at Spurs though.

We should definitely be looking at Shane Long as well; looks like he may be available in the Summer.

There are some quality older (more experienced) players that are out of contract in June that are perhaps unlikely:

Pablo Zabaleta
Benoit Tremoulinas
Keisuke Honda
Fernando Torres
Miguel Veloso

Yeah, I've played too much Football Manager over the years. In summary, I think it's too early to tell what is realistic and what isn't...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd like Michel Vorm if Stockdale is leaving. Not sure if he'd be up for losing his comfy spot on the bench earning a load at Spurs though.

We should definitely be looking at Shane Long as well; looks like he may be available in the Summer.

There are some quality older (more experienced) players that are out of contract in June that are perhaps unlikely:

Pablo Zabaleta
Benoit Tremoulinas
Keisuke Honda
Fernando Torres
Miguel Veloso

Yeah, I've played too much Football Manager over the years. In summary, I think it's too early to tell what is realistic and what isn't...

Long's a good PL player with great pace and stamina, a nuisance to defenders, but lacks goals these days.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Pablo Zabaleta
Benoit Tremoulinas
Keisuke Honda
Fernando Torres
Miguel Veloso

If we signed Honda and did a pre season in Japan our profile there would go through the roof. I reckon we'd make the money back in shirt sales alone.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here