Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE Leeds United, season ticket refund offer.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I discussed that with a Leeds colleague on Monday. I gather that the small print says it's void if they lose to Burton Albion at any time in the season.

:D:D

I read that the offer is solid guaranteed unless if Trump wins the US Presidency, Leicester win the Premier League, the UK votes for Brexit and The Chicago Cubs win the World Series

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is that a fact? Hadn't looked at the table closely. I thought they were three ahead.

My only concern here is that Fulham are where they are- and not higher- in the table because they have a habit of performing brilliantly against the top sides but then losing against poor ones (didn't they chuck one against Wolves after winning at St James's Park?). Also, it's a derby against Brentford, who aren't a bad side, and who will be desperate to piss on Fulham's chips.
No it's not fact.

They'd still have a slim chance of top 6 if Massive lose a tricky game at Ipswich and a miniscule chance if Reading lose v Wigan.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think EVERYONE is hoping for that "after you Claude" game to happen at Hillsborough. For that scenario, it really needs to be a Fulham win, Reading win and Hudds win or draw on Saturday, coupled with a Sheffield Wednesday draw. This would leave Fulham with nothing to play for and Weds needing a draw.

We don't want Reading and Hudds making a mess of their games or Fulham might travel with home advantage still up for grabs.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Be keen to see the audit on that one!

It is curious why Leeds sell so few STs. My money would be on no DD facility - Leeds fans remain by and large from the rougher bits of the city and the upfront single payment may well be difficult for many.

PG

Why bother to go to the game when you can watch them every week on Sky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
More interesting that the bigger refund was only due if they sold 15,000, which they failed to do. I'd have thought a club of Leeds' size would have shifted more than that in a normal season, let alone one with some promise. Good news for Cellino is that he only has to pay back 25% instead of the 50% thanks to that.

They still might make the play offs, surely Fulham & the Massive playing each other on the final day could help with that?

Not if they both win this Saturday , will mean Leeds having to overturn at least a 13 goal deficit to Fulham

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Looks like they will be honouring this, fair play to them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39770835

Leeds United say they will honour a promise to partially refund fans who bought season tickets for 2016-17 if they miss out on the play-offs.

Barring a 14-goal swing in the final round of fixtures, Garry Monk's side will now finish outside the top six.

Fans who bought a season ticket for the Championship club before the end of May 2016 will get 25% of their money back.

The club had pledged to give refunds of 50% if they sold 15,000 tickets, but they did not reach that number.

Leeds, who have extended a deadline for supporters to claim their money back, are in the process of sending forms to season ticket holders who qualify for the refund.

The cost to the club, co-owned by Italian businessman Massimo Cellino, is not known, but it is understood that funds have been ring-fenced to pay back the money.

Speaking after Saturday's 3-3 draw with Norwich, which effectively ended their play-off hopes, manager Monk said: "The reality is, the majority of the group were not quite ready for this situation. That's not a criticism. It's just a fact."

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looks like they will be honouring this, fair play to them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39770835

Leeds United say they will honour a promise to partially refund fans who bought season tickets for 2016-17 if they miss out on the play-offs.

Barring a 14-goal swing in the final round of fixtures, Garry Monk's side will now finish outside the top six.

Fans who bought a season ticket for the Championship club before the end of May 2016 will get 25% of their money back.

The club had pledged to give refunds of 50% if they sold 15,000 tickets, but they did not reach that number.

Leeds, who have extended a deadline for supporters to claim their money back, are in the process of sending forms to season ticket holders who qualify for the refund.

The cost to the club, co-owned by Italian businessman Massimo Cellino, is not known, but it is understood that funds have been ring-fenced to pay back the money.

Speaking after Saturday's 3-3 draw with Norwich, which effectively ended their play-off hopes, manager Monk said: "The reality is, the majority of the group were not quite ready for this situation. That's not a criticism. It's just a fact."

Amazing with that offer they still couldn't sell 15k season tickets.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Being at Elland Rd and their 'you'll **** it up' chants and their fans general dickheadedness around the stadium it gives me great pleasure that they've done what's become known as a 'Derby.'

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Amazing with that offer they still couldn't sell 15k season tickets.

Agree, only 300 less average attendance than us with not even 2/3 of the ST holders. I suppose it's been a surprise they've done so well this year so not many were willing to commit. Still, with that offer of 50% off if 15000 take it up, It's very surprising

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here