Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocognoli (spellcheck)

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Pog was great tonight, Bong different class last season, however Pog has shirt, great offensively, he'll do for me!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Goodson looked decent in defence. He looked completely lost when he was up supporting Knocky in attack. Bruno and Knockaert together would've torn their left back several new ********s.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I don't like picking players out but for me Goldson was at fault for their goal. Wasn't back quick enough and they used the space behind him.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
I agree Goldson not a full back, but last season immense and arguably disappointed to be left out this year, mind you Dunk and Duffy superb, for me Duffy is immense!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Won an extremely important header (and got whacked in the process) to stop Wednesday scoring in the 2nd half.

This summed him up for me. He's got that old fashioned slightly 'screw loose' mentality of flinging himself at player/ball with no thought for his own safety. He'll get plenty of yellows, but that incident tonight, when Stocko was out of position, saved us. His crossing was brilliant as well - the one for Knocky's second (not long after Hemed almost got on the end of a similar one) was fantastic. He has to start now.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Slated on here for saying he was better than Bong.

Totally backed up my opinion tonight. Superb.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Goldson was a very good square peg in a round hole, I thought. He looked uncomfortable but put a proper shift in.

Exactly the phrase I used all night - felt for him but possibly the wrong decision by Hughton. Also Murray & Hemed was square peg round hole as no pace. All obvious. Thankfully Knocky was in great form or he'd have not been in the game at all without Bruno overlapping but he is that good he can play 3 v 1 and still win...

I'm glad I can say this now without it sounding sour grapes, but injuries fecked us tonight - especially late ones. Baldock the only one with a non like for like replacement didn't help and the fact Rosenior & Bruno were both out was hugely unlucky!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Won an extremely important header (and got whacked in the process) to stop Wednesday scoring in the 2nd half.

I think that may have been the sequence of corners that lead to the Murray red - I was very annoyed as thought it was a clear foul in our man but ref gave corner - red wouldn't have happened had he given a foul - got clattered it seemed?!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pocognoli displayed real quality and a cool temperament. His place to lose just as it was Bong's before injury. An admirable position to be in and we have young Sam coming through.
Goldson as third choice full back (surprised he was ahead of Hunt) did an adequate job. Tucked in a bit narrower and deeper 2nd half which suited him better against Reach who I thought was Wendy's best player

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here