Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...They also know they have an acquaintance who will use a free, or much reduced, ticket if invited by them who would never dream of going direct to the club and paying for a full price ticket.

and who knows... these people might just be bitten by the Albion bug and become regular fans in future and buy match tickets, or even season tickets, not to mention shirts, food, drink, and any other stuff available in the club shop etc...

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
How would people feel about a mechanism where you could tell the club you can't make a match, they are able to resell your seat for that game, but NO cash comes back to the STH. All the benefits go to the Club - more bums on seats, more ticket revenue, more spending on catering etc etc. (In typing this I am not sure if this is how the now-defunct ticket exchange thing worked at the Amex because I never used it).

You as a STH are no worse off because logically you'd only take this option if you couldn't go AND none of your family/mates wanted it. And a warm glow (not sperm related) from doing the Club a good turn.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Just pass the ****ing card onto someone you can trust and get it back in the 3days to 2week gap between the games - Jesus ****ing Christ.

And before anyone starts with the I live far away card - use the ****ing Royal Mail...

There I said it...

BTW I'm very much in the 'give the ticket to a family member or mate' if you can't make it crowd. I'd rather see my seat filled at no financial gain to myself then see another empty seat. Too many people don't bother for my liking. The club don't really care for this example as has been pointed out hey turn a blind eye to the official line of 'non-transferable'. I'm sure they'd also have someone there spending money who wouldn't have forked out for a match by match ticket - and may well return as a fully paying 'customer' if they like it.

This thread really is **** :thumbsup:

Yep close thread

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You've answered your own question.

Fans want more people in the stadium and fewer empty seats. It is obviously not "important" like some things are but it is what people want.

They also know they have an acquaintance who will use a free, or much reduced, ticket if invited by them who would never dream of going direct to the club and paying for a full price ticket.
Wasn't aware I asked a question - thought I was just pontificating! :)

Think we are fairly unique in having so many season tickets but so relatively few match by match sales whilst rarely selling out. The club would be more worried about filling seats if we sold out but they want to try and sell as many match day tickets as possible whilst battling a much higher than most clubs number of ST holders looking to off load their seats. Other clubs have a high percentage of ST holders but most are the so called big teams who sell out every week. Man U, Arsenal etc can shift unused tickets without affecting revenue. We normally have 3-4000 seats available at full price and 3-4000 people giving away/transferring/selling cheap ST seats will impact the ability to sell them. The degree to which it will impact is the arguable point.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The club have never had control over who uses which ticket - they accepted that, and continue to, because it is not a problem.

This is only about revenue. They obviously think it is in their commercial interest to make it more difficult, rather than easier, for people to share/pass on unused Season Tickets.

Indeed. And I personally believe the opposite to be the case. I think they should make it as easy as possible for as many as people to get to the Amex as possible, even if a small minority of people abuse the system, as it will hugely benefit the club, in the long run.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How would people feel about a mechanism where you could tell the club you can't make a match, they are able to resell your seat for that game, but NO cash comes back to the STH. All the benefits go to the Club - more bums on seats, more ticket revenue, more spending on catering etc etc. (In typing this I am not sure if this is how the now-defunct ticket exchange thing worked at the Amex because I never used it).

You as a STH are no worse off because logically you'd only take this option if you couldn't go AND none of your family/mates wanted it. And a warm glow (not sperm related) from doing the Club a good turn.
Not too keen as my kids and I sit with my brother in the family stand. They would have a stranger between them and my brother if I was unable to go. Of course, it's easy to ask someone to swap seats but not everyone is reasonable.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
and who knows... these people might just be bitten by the Albion bug and become regular fans in future and buy match tickets, or even season tickets, not to mention shirts, food, drink, and any other stuff available in the club shop etc...

This is a very good point i was sat next to a couple of Japanese lads who in the main wanted to visit the stadium that their national rugby team turned over the south africans in the world cup , they knew very little about Brighton as a football club but they had visited the club shop before the game and purchased a Replica shirt each , by the time the 3rd goal had gone in they were booing Pilchard and getting right into it , i asked if they would come back again they said yes of course as long as they were at Uni , i reckon including matchday tickets just these two new casual fans pumped around 200 quid into the coffers , not to be sniffed at . カモメ

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is a very good point i was sat next to a couple of Japanese lads who in the main wanted to visit the stadium that their national rugby team turned over the south africans in the world cup , they knew very little about Brighton as a football club but they had visited the club shop before the game and purchased a Replica shirt each , by the time the 3rd goal had gone in they were booing Pilchard and getting right into it , i asked if they would come back again they said yes of course as long as they were at Uni , i reckon including matchday tickets just these two new casual fans pumped around 200 quid into the coffers , not to be sniffed at . カモメ
Brilliant story!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not too keen as my kids and I sit with my brother in the family stand. They would have a stranger between them and my brother if I was unable to go. Of course, it's easy to ask someone to swap seats but not everyone is reasonable.

Whats the worst that could happen ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Whats the worst that could happen ?
Well, not so much now as they've grown up a bit, but they used to be a mare at the matches on occasion. I'm thinking more of younger kids where an adult is needed. It really is not a bad idea, but sometimes people are VERY funny about a simple thing like swapping seats.

The comment was directed at comments being made against club employees. As you well know. The club has made it clear that they will take action against both an individual and NSC if it is deemed necessary by them. NSC's policy is to allow robust debate about club decisions; we also allow criticism of club employees, providing it doesn't include attacks of a personal nature - say, for example and inter alia, by having a pop at an individual's intellect.

If the Club was to take any action against either NSC or an individual poster for a comment like "Poacher turned Gamekeeper" I would quite happily cut up my season ticket in the knowledge that they have become even worse than the Oystons at Blackpool.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the Club was to take any action against either NSC or an individual poster for a comment like "Poacher turned Gamekeeper" I would quite happily cut up my season ticket in the knowledge that they have become even worse than the Oystons at Blackpool.
I suspect it was the other comment which was more 'borderline'.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Umm, you don't perhaps think that we might agree - hence your ability to still read it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The phrase 'Poacher turned gamekeeper' was tailor made for people like Paul Camillin.

You seem to be mistaken in which post was deleted.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's keep kicking the hornets nest then.

Looking forward to having to upload my photo to my fan account as a result.

:nono:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
But you wouldn't let your seat go, only the end one...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Let's keep kicking the hornets nest then.

Looking forward to having to upload my photo to my fan account as a result.

:nono:

Ooooh! If they did that, I might have to get the Sales Director of one of the companies I'm involved with to give PB a call. The company sells automatic face recognition software. It's VERY expensive. And all of 97% accurate too (the other 3% might have to be DNA tested - not too bad a price to pay to watch the Albion).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Ooooh! If they did that, I might have to get the Sales Director of one of the companies I'm involved with to give PB a call. The company sells automatic face recognition software. It's VERY expensive. And all of 97% accurate too (the other 3% might have to be DNA tested - not too bad a price to pay to watch the Albion).

Wouldn't that remove the need for season tickets then as well? Walk up to the turnstile, camera scans your face and in you go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here